Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did Twilight and her horn grow?

MLPFanatic34

Is Twilight taller than her friends and has her horn grown as well, I've been wondering that since Season 3 finale when she became an alicorn and Equestria Girls where she's shown struggling with her royal duties, can anyone answer that?

I thought it looked like her horn was slightly longer in Equestria Girls, so I checked the finale again, and It kind of looks like the same thing. I really can't tell for sure, maybe I just imagined it.

• Brohoof 2

Since she is an alicorn it is very possible that her horn may have grown. Could her legs also be slightly longer? It'd be interesting if they added in little features like that to the show. 

I'd have to say yes.

They are probably starting to transform her body to be more like the rest of the alicorns; tall with slim bodies and legs. Though it's not really all that defined in EqG, if you look at the scene when Applejack and Twilight are standing next to each other (opening scenes) you'll notice that Twilight's gut tucks up just a bit more than Applejack's.

(edited)

Well in the finale I didn't really notice it, I think it was the same size as it always was, but in Equestria Girls for sure I noticed it got a lot longer.

If_you_know_what_I_mean_.png

*COUGH*

But yeah I noticed the change. Because she's an alicorn (and princess) we're starting to slowly see some changes!! And her magic will definitely be stronger. :3

Edited by Pixiesong
  • Brohoof 11

If she does get taller I really hope she doesn't get too tall, certainly not as tall as Celestia or Luna. It would be weird for her to be that much bigger than her friends. I don't think that's likely though.

• Brohoof 2

I have noticed this a bit as well. It seems to depend on what angle you see her from, but her horn has definitely grown a little bit. I like that aspect for some reason and I don't think they will change her overall size too much, at least not early on of course.

3yGxe.png

Here's a comparison shot from Equestria Girls. If we look at Rarity as the baseline for a "normal" unicorn horn, there's little doubt here that Twi's horn has indeed grown longer since her transformation.

Her neck seems to have grown a bit longer, too, making her the slightest bit taller than her friends. Have a really bad Photoshop job with a few comparison lines:

3yHhF.png

And here you can see the beginnings of the Royal Canterlot Diet, as noted by Lugia. Her neck definitely looks longer than AJ's in this pic, too.

They are probably starting to transform her body to be more like the rest of the alicorns; tall with slim bodies and legs. Though it's not really all that defined in EqG, if you look at the scene when Applejack and Twilight are standing next to each other (opening scenes) you'll notice that Twilight's gut tucks up just a bit more than Applejack's.

3yL5W.png

• Brohoof 12

Now that I think about it, Twilight does look a little taller than she normally did.

If anything, I kind of hope she doesn't look like the other Alicorns anytime soon, I never liked their design that much.

• Brohoof 1

I've always thought the design for alicorns looked pretty good, but it would be awfully weird if Twi looked like that.  They'll probably just keep her in this look, for awhile at least.  I didn't notice that when I saw Equestria Girls... she does look really different now that it's pointed out to me.  Then again, I did miss a bit at the beginning on the live stream, so that's probably why I didn't notice.  Huh.. it kind of seems weird to me that they made the princess' so skinny, now that I think about it.  I mean, with today's teenagers worrying about their weight so much it would seem like they wouldn't want little girls to think that to be a princess you had to be so little around the waist...

• Brohoof 2

Actually yes.

I saw a report on equestria daily stating a comparison on twilight's new transformation from student to princess.

According to them, she grew about an inch or two compared to her friends.

(edited)

Her horn looks massive next to regular horns, which shows she IS becoming a princess perhaps permanently. 

img-1635525-1-3yGxe.png

Here's a comparison shot from Equestria Girls. If we look at Rarity as the baseline for a "normal" unicorn horn, there's little doubt here that Twi's horn has indeed grown longer since her transformation.

Her neck seems to have grown a bit longer, too, making her the slightest bit taller than her friends. Have a really bad Photoshop job with a few comparison lines:

img-1635525-2-3yHhF.png

And here you can see the beginnings of the Royal Canterlot Diet, as noted by Lugia. Her neck definitely looks longer than AJ's in this pic, too.

img-1635525-3-3yL5W.png

I thought it was easy already to see she's taller when they were already side by side? Oh well. She definitely looks much bigger in terms of height. I noticed the gut this but am I the only one noticing the leg thing? Her legs are getting thinner and she is growing to be as big as the sisters. I'm probably going to assume this is going to be the same with Cadence. She kinda looks disproportionate in a way now when they stand like that.

Edited by Scootadress
  • Brohoof 2

I don't suspect them to make Twilight go full Alicorn size, however they probably will make her larger for the sake to show that she has transformed.

I didn't notice her change in Equestria girls though until it was pointed out though.

• Brohoof 1

I don't suspect them to make Twilight go full Alicorn size, however they probably will make her larger for the sake to show that she has transformed.

I didn't notice her change in Equestria girls though until it was pointed out though.

Yeah this is exactly as I think. Making Twilight as tall as let's say Luna/Celestia would just make everything look weird for everypony. And I didn't notice that she had became taller or that her horn was longer either haha

Judging by the posts above and their proof, I never noticed that she grew until now. I don't think she'll grow taller than that, though. 

Yeah Twilight and her horn grown since the last time we saw, so I'm guessing that she will stay at the size until Season 4 just a speculation of what her growth is.

(edited)

Twilight's definitely seems to be growing by the looks of what I've seen of Equestria Girls. I kinda have to say that being a princess makes you taller? The question is that I've been wondering ever since the episode came out, Magical Mystery Cure is that she may seem to grow up to Princess Luna's height though I'm that sure.

Edited by Magyk

If she does get taller I really hope she doesn't get too tall, certainly not as tall as Celestia or Luna. It would be weird for her to be that much bigger than her friends. I don't think that's likely though.

She would probably grow to about Cadence size being what I call a "secondary princess"

That is not a solar or Lunar princess

• Brohoof 2

Wow, this is a really interesting observation you've all made! I never noticed any change in her bodily shape myself until it was noted here. Hopefully it won't go much further than this, it'd be off to have her thinner and taller than everypony else.

Feld0's explanation definitely confirms that she has indeed grown taller. A little but, but not quick. I have a feeling that in season 4 we'll see her much taller but don't mark my word for it. xD

I find it funny how no one has mentioned that she could just be growing in general. I mean the mane 6 are...what where their ages, nearly 20, right? They still have about a year or two left to grow :P 

In all seriousness though, there is no doubt she's changing, it's right there in Feld0's post. I just personally hope that she doesn't become another Celestia...screw that noise. He height is WAY too tall, and she's far too skinny in my eyes. 

I can however, see her becoming the same size as maybe Princess Luna when we first saw her, or perhaps Cadence. There's nothing wrong with her being taller than her friends in my opinion, but if she doubles their height, things are going to look weird.

And besides, knowing Twilight, she'll find a growth spell to make herself shrink or her friends grow, if she gets fed up of being too different from them. 

• Brohoof 1