Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did Twilight and her horn grow?

MLPFanatic34

For me, it looks like her legs and overall body structure have grown, not jusr her neck. In EqG I really like how she's just a little bit taller than 'normal' sized ponies. Her horn does also seem to have grown. I think her design ATM is really neat. You can see she is different, but you can still see that she has been an Alicorn for not long. I hope she stays like this. Also, her wings are pretty big, so I guess that makes her look even bigger.

I see no change and i don't want change she would look weird being taller and skinnier then her friends unless her freinds become alicorns themselves and go through the same change.

Yea, I noticed in the season 3 finale that she was a bit taller, and her horn was abit longer as well. Like in the group shot near the end, and during her speech at Canterlot, I noticed she was just a bit taller then the others...but it's jsut to show that she is going through changes. Whcih I hope they don't change her into an alicorn like Cadence. It'd be too much change, andshe wouldn't really fit with the other mane 6. If they keep the changes they already have made and do no more, that's perfect. see still fits in with the other mane 6 and doesn't look that out of place,other then being a tiny bit taller, a longer horn. and wings.

And Twily is probably number 6 when it comes to fave mane 6 for me.

@Flutter Dash: What I hope is the don't change her into an alicorn like Cadence.

What exactly do you man by that? Twilight already is an alicorn.

And Twily is probably number 6 when it comes to fave mane 6 for me.

Can't argue with that, but she's my personal favorite pony.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh god, I had a completely different thing in mind when I first saw this thread's title. "I think it may be by age"? Pffftahaha.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. No, I don't think Twilight's actual horn would get bigger. Even if it does grow larger by age, we probably wouldn't see that in the show. Change in age isn't a common thing in cartoons.

Perhaps it will look something like this. Nothing non-proportional about this...

post-13690-0-61880100-1375390610_thumb.png

Nothing non-proportional about that. I definitely think this is the way to go with Twilight's horn.

• Brohoof 2

I think it did grow larger, but only barely. And I think Twilight grew slightly larger as well.

The effect, however, is slight, and I doubt they'll redesign her be as big as Celestia or Luna in the near future.

I'm going to assume so, because she's already been shown to be bigger, in general.

I really hope so. We need some better R34 content out there! :):D;):):D;) ;) ;)

I don't think she'll change much. If she was as big as Princess Celestia or Princess Luna, I don't think the show would be the same.

@@Scootadress, you could be right about Princess Cadance's anatomy/body build, but isn't it the princess of the Crystal ponies designed to be that way because she's a Crystal pony as compared to other types of ponies that exist in the series?

EDIT: forgot to add this before submitting my post -- as in, Crystal ponies are designed to look dainty compared to non-Crystal breeds.

I'm probably going to assume this is going to be the same with Cadence. She kinda looks disproportionate in a way now when they stand like that.
Edited by Unpredictable Ranger

@@Scootadress, you could be right about Princess Cadance's anatomy/body build, but isn't it the princess of the Crystal ponies designed to be that way because she's a Crystal pony as compared to other types of ponies that exist in the series?

EDIT: forgot to add this before submitting my post -- as in, Crystal ponies are designed to look dainty compared to non-Crystal breeds.

But I never saw the difference between the ponies and the crystal ponies. I only saw the daintiness of Cadence. I could never help but wonder why she looked so much like a bobblehead. She just looked so thin. Then again, seeing this Twilight...maybe it isn't as bad anymore lol. In Equestria Girls, she looked so strange, but she's probably growing into her new self I guess. (Though Cadence's NATURAL wings creep the hell out of me still)

Well, in my opinion, Twilight and Cadance are from different breeds though they're now alicorns. Being a princess, specifically a Crystal pony princess, makes Cadance's design being made to make her look sleek and graceful (get it.... crystal + princess + grace, kinda like the swan story, about the graceful ballerina).

In which, Twilight is more bulkier (not sure if this is the exact word to be used for her but you get the idea, I hope) than Cadance because she's not an alicorn which belongs to the Crystal Empire.

Edited post to remove the link because I have inserted the wrong movie URL, you could just Google about the movie.

Edited again (though I know this is irrelevant/unnecessary) for @ScootadressThe Swan Princess - The Swan Princess 2 [Full Movie]

Edit #3: idk, either The Swan Princess or Black Swan, but you know what I mean about the alicorns' silhouette, right? 

Edited by Unpredictable Ranger
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think twilight grew because she looked about the same height as her brother in the last episode.  I think her horn grew, but it is not as noticeable as the other princesses' horns are. 

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't see any difference, but it's possible the animators increased it slightly to give her a more royal look. Seeing as she's supposed to be princess, and all the other princesses have longer horns, hers might grow as well.

• 2 months later...

wow, I hadn't noticed at all, but I got on and compared, along with the pics shown here, and her features seem more "defined" than the 5. Slightly taller and longer horn...I just hope they don't go too far with it...that would be weird...

Edit: Just checked out MMC: Yep, she's definitely taller. Horn doesn't seem that much more defined though.

Edited by Heatwave

I thought I was the only who noticed,but yeah I noticed her legs became slimmer and her horn is slightly taller, I also noticed her height seemed to have changed too. Maybe they're trying to slowly transform her into what the cadance/Celestia look like?