Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your thoughts on Flash Sentry?

Saddle ~ Arabia

Cons -

• No personality
  • There just for filler
  • Boring

Pros - Wait, those exist? No, wait, they don't.

He is a very good guy. Helpfull kind but easily tricked(battle of the bands song.)

Positive:  I'll never have to see him in the actual show.

XDDDDD

Pros- He...he uh...oh Gawd, this is a hard one....

Cons- He can potentially steal my waifu from me...

Positive:  I'll never have to see him in the actual show.

Negative:  He's an abomination and deserves (along with all other EQG related filth-content) to be burned in a mass-grave micromanaged by the angel of death to assure that none of it leaves for all of eternity.

Sooooo, I guest you missed the whole season 4  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Positive - Rarity called him a smitten kitten ... which was adorable in how she said it.

Negative - Needs more depth to the character. Implied or otherwise.

Positive - Nada

Negative - A bland cliche nice guy popular high school boyfriend character. Ruined Luna's character in the scene. Any of the other Mane 5 could have saved Twilight. A very forced romance seeing how the Mane 5 didn't bother to have dates themselves. Sunset and Twilight has no standards and just ogles the same guy that crosses their paths.

Should also mention Flash has been established to only chase pageant winners with Sunset and Twilight, and that no other guys have attempted to ask Twilight to the dance. Being that she's trying to win them over.

Edited by Singe

Positives:

- Has a cool name

- That's it

Negatives:

- He is bland as plain bread with no personality whatsoever

- Only exists as a love interest like every cliché high school flick.

- He is probably going to act like the aforementioned points in the sequel leading to more bashing

He wasn't developed. I don't hate him either but that's generally the reason why. He was used as a tool to advance the plot and wasn't really a character. I'm hoping EqG2 remedies that issue and I would like to see Pony Flash get a character of his own.

• Brohoof 2

1. He has no character outside of being Twilight's romantic interest.

2. The fact his sole existence is to be Twilight's romance irritates many people to no end.

3. How awkward and forced the crush was (simply bumping into him causes Twilight to fall in love, yea that's not how good romances typically work) served to annoy people even more.

4. The constant threat that he could marry Twilght and force Twilght's character to detour to an angle Lauren had never intended any of the mane 6 to take and without any proper buildup for it.

There are many reasons to dislike Flash Sentry, but, I'll give him one credit thus far. He's better than AU Sombra.

• Brohoof 5

I don't mind about Twilight having a crush, the whole problem is that he had no personality, and Twilight deserves something better than a random one-dimensional Brad character.

4. The constant threat that he could marry Twilght and force Twilght's character to detour to an angle Lauren had never intended any of the mane 6 to take and without any proper buildup for it.

I think it's better to judge the show for what it is, not for what Lauren wanted it to be....

Edited by Fawkes The Phoenix
  • Brohoof 4

I don't mind about Twilight having a crush, the whole problem is that he had no personality, and Twilight deserves something better than a random one-dimensional Brad character.

I think it's better to show the show for what it is, not for what Lauren wanted it to be....

True, however good luck trying to convince many bronies this. As for my opinion on Flash Sentry, he just needs to be a character I like, not a cutboard cutout of a romance interest for the sake of having one.

• Brohoof 1

Hey Im not hating on him, I think Flash is a great guy, maybe a little bit more character development though....

Specially since he won't banish very soon  :lol: . Anyway, I dunno if I really want them to develop him, I really like that guy because of the hate he receives in the fandom  :comeatus:

• Brohoof 1

Well some background characters have more personality than Flash heck a trash can even has more personality..

He comes off as a Gary Stu

He is completely useless to the plot of the movie

He feels like he was just there either to make Twilight have a crush that's not really needed or in an attempt to try and prove that Equestria Girls can do romantic stuff.

• Brohoof 5

Pro: As a smitten kitten, he was cute, you know, the bumping into walls thing.

Prediction: His "romancing Twily" arc will finish in Rainbow Rocks

He has a chance to be better written

con: he has very little character at the moment.

And I doubt it will significantly change

unless I'm right about the above spoiler and even then I won't hold my breath.

Edited by paradoxical

He's okay I guess, but he does need more character development. Also, as some of the earlier comments said, there's the chance that he'll marry Twilight later, which I would find REALLY disappointing. This is MLP FRIENDSHIP is Magic, not Love is Magic. :eww: Anyway, that may not even happen. He may just be an Equestria Girls character who might also show up in the rumored "Equestria Academy" show. Either way, I'm just going to wait for more character development before I say if I adore him or absolutely hate him.

He's okay I guess, but he does need more character development. Also, as some of the earlier comments said, there's the chance that he'll marry Twilight later, which I would find REALLY disappointing. This is MLP FRIENDSHIP is Magic, not Love is Magic. :eww: Anyway, that may not even happen. He may just be an Equestria Girls character who might also show up in the rumored "Equestria Academy" show. Either way, I'm just going to wait for more character development before I say if I adore him or absolutely hate him.

It's confirmed. It's going to premier in France in November.

Edited by The Coffee Pony

As far as twilight being attracted on him in equestria girls, i think it's alright considering that all of the sudden she's in a world where she's a teenage human and who knows what combination of hormones she would be suddenly introduced to. Anything could happen in that case. but i dislike flash sentry because he doesn't fit in. why the buck is he serving in the crystal empire? unless he's friends with shining armour he just doesn't fit in any way. that would also explain why he accompanies princess cadence as a personal guard because being a friend of the spouse usually means you're trustworthy.

I don't like or dislike him... at least in the first Equestria Girls.

What I mean is, Flash Sentry actually looked like he'd be a good character in that 3rd sneak peak for Rainbow Rocks. Looks like he might actually get some more attention and be an actual character, not a tool to simply give Twilight Sparkle a love life. 

• Brohoof 2