Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Were Some Flaws You Saw In Equestria Girls?

Remi

Yeah, I have to add a couple things to my previous statements. 

Why is Twilight's cutie mark on the front of the school? Does she own it or something?

Also, how does Rainbow Dash not know what hands are? Not only has it been said in the show numerous times when it shouldn't have, there is a certain purple and green dragon walking around with the with a simple body part called used almost every time a letter was written to Princess Celestia known as HANDS!!!!

Just saying.  :mellow:

• Brohoof 2

Tons of flaws.

First flaw is…… FLASH SENTRY! He was absolutely useless. There was no use of him. He was there just to be there. Plus, he has no character and falls for Twilight in 10 seconds flat.

Second flaw is… the Main 5. Rainbow Dash appeared way TOO late in the movie. Also, did anyone else notice her extremely limited vocabulary. "That's awesome!" is the only line I can remember her saying. I can't even remember anything else she said. Plus, the way the Main Five reconcile is ridiculous. If the producers had lengthened the movie, then regrouping the Mane Six would have made a good subplot. No one knows what Dashie and Aj were even saying to each other. They could've been talking about killing each other (lol I'm kidding) and then hugging to distract the other humans.

Third flaw is… their ages! What. The. Buck. Why are the CMC in highschool? They are probably ten years old or twelve. Also, CheeriMac seems kind of illegal now. Cheerilee is a teacher and Big Mac is a student. Seriously.

Fourth flaw is… their designs. Was every girl wearing a skirt? It felt awkward that Rainbow and Aj wearing skirts. Why were their clothes so HIGH WATER? High-water clothes are retarded. Plus did anyone else see Luna's design? It was hideous.

Fifth flaw is… the plot. My glob the plot was stupid. Everything was rushed. Is Celestia crazy? She knew about the mirror and did absolutely nothing about it. She knew that ponies could go through the portal. She knew Sunset Shimmer had went through the portal and DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! It felt like watching the pilot with Luna all over again.

P.S. Why are Snips and Snails so evil in this movie? They are just little colts. *facehoof*

Rainbow Dash flying with Scootaloo made like the movie though. Also, did anypony else see Derpy in the end credits? My face was like O.o WTF?

Anyways, despite all the flaws, I love this movie. Human Twilight is the most adorable thing in Equestria.

Edited by FlutterDashie
  • Brohoof 4

at the end of season 3, she flies into the 4th wall perfectly fine. at the beginning of the movie, she stumbles. also, the crown that is shown in the three pictures of sunset shimmer becoming princess of the Fall Formal is the exact same as Twilight's. unless there is a duplicate in the human world and sunset shimmer was already there 3 years, this is highly improbable, if not impossible.

• Brohoof 1

Aren't the CMC's a little young to be in high school?

Luna and Celestia's designs were atrocious.

That's all I really saw what was wrong with the movie. Other than these minor things, it was great.

Edited by takai
  • Brohoof 2

My first-person POV:

1.) Twilight got out of trouble real fast (pictures of her party-wrecking), though it wasn't forced

2.) When Sunset Shimmer said she had a trick up her sleeve (or something like that), I thought she was going to fudge the results for the Fall Formal

3.) (personal critique) Where's Derpy? I think she appeared one other time besides the credits

• Brohoof 1

The rules of time in the human world should not be expected to run parallel with Equestria.

There is the issue of the CMC being older in the human world. Then there is also the point that established adult ponies were made younger in the human world to be in high school. The biggest one being Celestia and Luna who should technically have been deceased for centuries. Current human Celestia and Luna should have been referenced as decedents.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

Here is some of the flaws I saw with the film.

1. Animation was not as fluid and was a bit of a let down.

2. Story was predictable and used, it was not very entertaining and fun as the show itself.

3. Sunset shimmers defeat was not very good and just cut the story short.

4. There was only one song I remember from the show and that is helping Twilight win the crown.

5. The characters where two dimentional characters and where very predictable, leading to a predictable story line.

6. Snips and snails where always out of Character, sure they are stupid but they are nice ponies and never mean anypony any harm, but in this movie the are villains and want to be the worst people they can, but that is not snips and snails.

6. Lunas (best pony) character design and execution was poor. Personaly I think she looks wierd, even by MLP standerds. She was stupid and predictable so she all in all not a very good character in equestria girls.

7. The movie was rushed, it had no time to explore things in more detail which led to some plot holes, like why has no one ever fallen through the portal in the human world, and if they had what happened to them. I also think some more information on sunset shimmer would have added to her character and made her more interesting and would not make her seem like a dimentional spoiled brat and a power hog.

These are just some of the flaws with the show but after all of the flaws, I still like it.

• Brohoof 1

What gets me is, Sunset was planning on taking over 100 teenagers into this portal when previously Celestia had stated she didn't know it's power of being able to hold all the mane 6 etc (I know Sunset wasn't there to get that message but let me get to that). Surely she'd have some common sense (being a 'villain' and all to realize what she was doing probably was going to mess up due to the portal.

Quite a few of the background characters looked extremely rushed and I did not recognize a lot of them when searching for my favourite BG ponies.  The clothes the mane six wore could've been thought about a little more too since they don't really suit that well. I'll admit they're nice but don't match the characters.

Also... sunset shimmer has the power to mind control everyone.. except the mane 6?...

I also think the main reason they made their 'human' versions is due to the fact people would complain if the ponies were coloured 'the wrong skin tone' But that shouldn't matter, they're a show and whatever they plan to do is canon, just like Alicorn Twilight Sparkle.

Negative predictions before the movie (I had good ones too but they don't apply in this thread!)

• Typical high school scene - Popular girl trying to take over, big high school prom / dance, Guy appears out of no where and falls in love with main character.
  • Over powered villain for no reason - Suddenly changes form to demon, has the power to control everyone except the mane 6.... derp.
  • Rushed overall.
Edited by Smushins
  • Brohoof 3

Alright here's one, might sound a bit Doctor-ey TARDIS-ey or simply wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey.

First off, the setting of the story took place majorly in a parallel universe, so shouldn't there be another Twilight Sparkle? Well, there are the probability after Twilight went in through that mirror/portal the parallel Twilight got combined with the pony Twilight. Two identical individuals that coexists both in a different dimension. This matter is similar to a theory associated with how the universe was made, where two dimensions/universe combines and either which one's contents got sucked in and merged with the other. This one is by my opinion and one whole week of crunching numbers, it was fun but tiresome work... Just like Pinkie Pie said, I don't remember what she said but I recall that she was somewhat familiar with Twilight (the pony-spirited one), "Twin sister in the city, had a dog named Spike just like that one." Which obviously means... wait no, she's Pinkie. But still.

Secondly, wouldn't it caused a 'rift in time' or dimensions when one individual or several traveled back and froth through different dimensions. Or that one only works on Doctor Who?

Third, where are the school's security guards 

Fourth, this is just weird for me, the scene where the human Mane 6 are transforming to half-human and half-pony looks a similar to Sailor Moons -- watched it once at my cousin's house and it didn't turn up well... 

And finally, not time related, where are Photo Finish's assistants or close BFF or perhaps they got separated by Sunset Shimmer's doing.

Warn me if I'm wrong

Edited by Ink Drop
  • Brohoof 3

Let me start out by saying that I really liked this movie. But there were a lot of flaws in it which I expected considering that the characters from Friendship is Magic turned into humans. One flaw I especially hated was the fact the they the characters were pastel colored which again didn't surprise me. Another one was at the end when the human counterparts of the mane six got the pony ears and Fluttershy, Rainbow, and Twilight got their wings. I thought that was creepy and none of them seemed really to care. "Oh I got horse ears and wings. Whatever seems normal enough."

• Brohoof 4

I enjoyed the movie a lot, but one thing bothered the hell outta me: The ending? Why did she turn into...

mlp_resource__sunset_shimmer_demon_form_

And why did she suddenly turn good? Is it that easy? Just cry and you'll be a hero? Gosh, that was dreadful... mlp-tseriously.png

• Brohoof 3

• 2 months later...

I was confused by the fact that there seemed to be 2 of every pony (and dragon), one in human world and one in Equestria, but there was only 1 of Twilight Sparkle, Sunset shimmer and Spike. Theoretically, There should already be a human Twilight Sparkle in the human world, and when the pony version of herself enters human world, there should be 2 of her. The same goes for Sunset Shimmer; Why is there only a copy of her in one world or the other? Shouldn't there be a pony version and a human version?
I might be wrong so please correct me <3

Well I have 1 Opposition against a stated flaw. All you say that the sledgehammer would go though the portal...yes but what about the edges and corners of the portal. Because we saw earlier in the movie that when fluttershy fell back onto the edge corner of the portal crying over nobody taking her flyers. She didn't go through that part therefore that part would be solid. Is sunset shimmer destroyed these edge supports the statue/portal would most likely be deactivated from all the dammage to the edge/corners.

I probably confused everypony >_>

Edited by Techite Sparkle

I wonder what happened when principal Celestia had to banish vice principal Luna to the gym locker.

butserriouslyohmycelestia the problems... they were resolved to quickly.

and also, when all of the mane five (without rainbow) were in one room together I was thinking

oh the drama, twilight is trying to win prom queen princess of the fall formal, her friends are fighting, and the prom fall formal is tomorrow!!!

I just really noticed that some of the side characters who made cameos seemed rushed and just kind of inserted in there without any purpose.

THIS.

The film suffered from too much fanservice, those moments should been given to Sunset to show how evil she is or Flash so that He would actually have a personality or at least a song since he plays guitar. but nope, Just throw in Fan Service and a dancing derpy JUST TO distract us from the flaws

The whole thing. From beginning to end, it was the worst movie I've ever seen in my life. The jokes were unfunny and cring-worthy, the plot was awful, the character designs were so ugly, and the whole concept was insulting to our intelligence and terrible. dry.png  

Edited by Grumpy Enchantress

Personally, I Sunset Shimmer transforming into a human-world demon to be counterintuitive. I would have thought it more appropriate if she turned into an equestrian demon.

The Element of Magic is an artifact imbued with equestrian magic that was brought into the human world. I wouldn't expect the Element to be able to resonate with the human world enough to cause a humanoid transformation. I had expected something similar to Nightmare Moon, seeing as the Element contains magic from Equestria.

All in all, it felt about as rushed as season three did. I can't wait to see season four though!

Well pretty much what i was going to pont out is basically already said above.  But i'll stat them anyway due to character count. 

1) how Frienship is magic was basically shoved down our throats at the end. gosh I would have NEVER guessed that..oh wait its in the flipin title how hard to you have to hammer that point in we get it.

2) The hands jokes, my god were those really annoying. twilight has hands what does she do slam her finger into the keyboard to try and type. *facehoof* hello we see she can use her fingers and yet she never uses them. or how about those funny pikc stuff up with her mouth har har. gah I could go on and on but what really really got me was that one line at the end "what are hands"  *insert image of spike, followed by gilda, followed by iron will, followed by the other dragons ect.

3) pretty much the character designs. Really every all the mane 6 in skirts..even RD i mean she a sports girls she would be wear blue jeans for crying out loud.

I know the show was basically to sell the dolls but really -_- I never want to watch this film again.

"oh but you guys like human art"   yeah but the fan human art looks a thousand times better then what was in the movie