Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you wish you were better at?

Clockwork Chaos

Art: More specifically drawing. Growing up with motor problems, I always  sucked at drawing. Wish I could so  I can some epic fanart

Gaming: I'm okay at games my main strength comes from knowledge about them. Wish I could so I could do gaming tournaments.

• Brohoof 1

-Transit mechanicing, yes I just made that word up. Always striving to be better, learn more, and be more efficient. Can never know everything, and I absolutely love it, so I know I'll get better over time. 

-Signatures and drawing: Can't draw to safe my life but I'd love to be able to. My sig making could use some improvement too.

-Writing: I think my fanfic writing skills need some serious work before they could be considered any good.

That's what comes to mind right now.

• Brohoof 1

I really wish I was better at talking, rather than listening. I have a tendency to allow the person I'm talking to just.....talk. Its rare when I actually have a clever reply to something or if I actually chime into the conversation. Its not like I'm shy or anything, I actually love getting out and meeting new people. I just don't have much to say or know what to say. I'm a "Yeah" and "Yup" Kinda guy (Somewhat like big mac you could say :mellow: ) . 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I need to improve on my motivation. I cannot motivate myself for anything, which is probably why I'm so lazy and fat.

Besides that, I'd love to sing well, since I do love singing. I've been singing a lot lately, trying to improve, but it isn't working.

Also, I want to be better at starting and holding a conversation, because I can't.

Edited by Callisto
  • Brohoof 1

Basically everything. I don't have any major skills or talents, my personality is incredibly flawed, I have no social skills whatsoever, the list goes on. I would love to be able to do anything good artistically, whether it be music, drawing, story writing, I just have no major artistic talent.

If anything I wish I was a totally different person.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

There is 5 things i wish i was better at!

1.Art-I have all these great ideas of things to draw,but once i try to draw them,it ends in epic failure!

2.Speech-My voice is terrible,that's why i try to speak as less as possible!

3.Technology-Both of my bro's are like geniuses with computers and i don't even know where to begin to fixing one!

I kinda wish i could become better at that,so i could handle errors!

4.Video games-I'm a lost cause when it comes to videogames,except for Ace Attorney!

I am pretty good at that!

But i wish i could get better at videogames!

5.Self confidence-i have none of this,so i wish i could get better at it!

EDIT:6.Writing-I see people on the forums write these long thought out posts that people want to read,

And what do i write? Pretty much nothing interesting!

Also i want to get better at putting things together in writing,so that way,it doesn't look like a jumbled mess!

Storytelling would also be a nice one to get better at!

That's it!

Edited by Sir Lancelot
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

math, music, and computers. I know way too much about those 3 things and I can stump 80 percent of all people I meet with all 3 of those, and 99 percent with at least one. I really need to improve on my ability to perform math quickly, however because at the moment I can do more complex math than others in my grade but not always very quickly or efficiently. Music: I know bass guitar, clarinet, and trumpet, but I really need to learn classical guitar. On the subject of computers, I need to learn more in depth coding, I know a bit of everything but never had any ideas for a project that I could code to get better at coding to the point that I could actually make some kind of money off of it.

Edited by TwilizzleFoShizzle
  • Brohoof 1

What I wish I was better at is able to draw somthing out of my head only thing I can draw is what I look at and able to make more friends I uslly keep to my self

• Brohoof 1

I wish I was better with my social skills. As open as I am to talk on the internet, I am more of a recluse when it comes to reality. But I also wish I was better at OSU...there are too many songs on there that I want to play...but can't T.T.

Oh! and I wish I was better at Japanese. I am slowly learning it, but it is still a pain in the rear -.-.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well obviously being better at like everything would be good, I don't really consider myself good at anything. But then again I have non existent self confidence most of the time.

i suppose I could be more specific though.

I'd like to be better at singing thats probably my top one, I really don't think i'm that great, but i'd like to be great.

Art would be another one I guess, i'm not a very successful artist when I do draw anything, I just suck at it, and probably can't get a whole lot better. Can't draw without reference.

I guess being better at games, because despite how much I play them I still end up being terrible at them most of the time. I mean I've played like 1400 games total of league of legends, and yet I still am terrible at it honestly I think.

I really don't like alot about myself and consider myself to be meh talented at best. Not very good at anything.

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Ooh, lots of things. I'll narrow it down to the ones I wish for the most.

Social skills.

Artistic ability.

Musical ability.

Singing voice.

Ability to better get random ideas down in writing.

Baseball.

Remembering things. I have a terrible memory.

Edited by Sky Chaser
  • Brohoof 2

Oh my God! pretty much almost every single one of you said that you were better at art. If I want to help there's only one possible solution! :v

EAT ME! O_O

4038_Don__t_eat_me_by_Kawaychelo_Yaoyche

tumblr_lnin1t29Tx1qkmpj8o1_500.gif

---

going back on topic, I wish I was better at singing, I'm sure I don't know many good songs or know much about music because I don't like singing, in fact I always wanted to see me with a fantastic voice that makes people jaws drop, and the worst part is that I believe I have potential (I can sound really good, but only when I'm alone of course @_@)

I also wished I was more like a go getter kind of person with more motivation to do things, someone proactive that doesn't need to wait for the opportunity to come, I just have to get it. I can achieve so many different things I was more like that.

• Brohoof 2

Hmmm.... Just about everything I'm good at I have a friend who is better than I am at it. The only exceptions are massage  and psychology. Sooo... Everything I'm good at I'd like to be better at. Cooking, all art, socializing, shooting, video games, swordsmanship, and recollection(which I'm not that good at but would like to be better anyway.) 

You know how sad it is to have a dozen half baked talents? And everyone is actually good at them, it makes me versatile at least, and I come in second or third in most friendly competition it seems.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'd have to say that if it was mainly one thing I would wish I would be better at is drawing... I mean, I know drawing is just an expression of yourself, but I what I mainly mean is to be better at drawing at ponies...

I have in fact done a few ponies, a crappy profile of my OC, and a front viewing of the face of my friend's OC, which really isn't bad... I have traced (which is bad if you ask me :(), and I have a couple bases that I have to draw over, and so far, I have not... So... I will have to practice on my eyes, tails, manes, etc...

• Brohoof 1

Life and everything. It seems no matter what it is, I always fall short of everybody else.

I know, that may seem like a cop-out answer, but it really isn't meant to be. Unless you want me to go on an extended rant about how I wish I was better at everything individually. Because that's how I feel. I excel at nothing and feel incompetent no matter what it is.

Lol. Okay sorry for that... I hate to be depressing these days, but that's a feeling that never goes away.

• Brohoof 1

Life and everything. It seems no matter what it is, I always fall short of everybody else.

I know, that may seem like a cop-out answer, but it really isn't meant to be. Unless you want me to go on an extended rant about how I wish I was better at everything individually. Because that's how I feel. I excel at nothing and feel incompetent no matter what it is.

Lol. Okay sorry for that... I hate to be depressing these days, but that's a feeling that never goes away.

You know, if you're feeling depressed, and you wanna talk about it, i can't imagine anywhere better to do so than here. and i'm sure you don't fall short of everybody else. regardless of what we do, there's always going to be somebody better than us, we're all in the same boat so don't let it get you down.

you shouldn't compare yourself to others. what we see of over people is the highlight reel, whereas we're living the 'behind the scenes' so we're always going to think less of ourselves when compared to other people.

everyone is good at something, and i'm sure you are too. you can't let yourself go into life with the 'everybody is better than me' outlook, cos it just isn't true. and going into anything with that frame of mind is only going to make it so you don't perform to the best of your abilities, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

If you're feeling down, you should talk to somebody. we're all friends here, we all want to help, and we all listen. :)

• Brohoof 1

Oh dear, let's see... 

1)To be able to talk to people I do not know. I don't know if it's me being shy, or just being overly worried about things.

2) Football (Soccer). I wish I had gotten into the sport at a younger age, perhaps then I would of had the confidence to get into a team or something. 

3) Motivation. I just stay focused on some things, be it revision or something else. Some times I just can't be bothered.

4) My self-confidence. I am hoping to start talking to people on skype... Perhaps that'll help me.

Can't really think of much else right now...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'd like to be better at drawing. I think I draw reasonably well, but then I read comics and look at people's art on different sites and wish I could draw that well. But again, I'm not too bad at drawing. :)

Edited by PonyHag1
  • Brohoof 1

Drawing mostly. But I am too lazy to practise so that's why I'm not particulary good at it!

I'd also like to be a better singer but there are some things you can't fix.

• Brohoof 1

Now that's just not true. i may have only spoken to you in the game threads before now, but you shouldn't put yourself down like that dude.

Everyone here is good at something, and likeable for something.

Hell, even the fact that your on this forum shows you're a sociable person, and being a brony in itself shows that you're open to trying new things, and not caring about other peoples opinions of you. you'll do what you enjoy regardless of how much bad press it gets.

That is a respectable trait if ever i've seen one. You shouldn't put yourself down, bro. /)

I don't think I've been in any gaming threads in the past month or so. You're probably confusing me with someone else

Do note that I'm extremely anti-social and a complete shut-in who sadly cares a lot about what others have to say. That's the reason why I kept the fact that I'm a brony a secret, same goes for my love for anime

I don't think I've been in any gaming threads in the past month or so. You're probably confusing me with someone else

Do note that I'm extremely anti-social and a complete shut-in who sadly cares a lot about what others have to say. That's the reason why I kept the fact that I'm a brony a secret, same goes for my love for anime

Nah, i'm sure i remember you- when asked about your perfect girl you replied with your avatar :P and hell, you're being honest with me, and that's a good trait (trust me, whatever you say, i'll find a way to swing it as positive ;) ) it's a total waste of time to assume you're no good at anything, cos it's just not true.

and i'd say that if you care what people think about you, you should openly be who you are, people like honesty. and pretending you don't like things that you love isn't helping anything for anyone :) maybe if you're open with your love for anime, you'll find some other anime fans, and become fast friends, what's there to lose? :P

• Brohoof 1

Music. I wish I was better at music. I've been doing it for years, and I'm pretty decent, buuut I could be a lot better. Though there's a solution to that problem. I just need to practice more. I also wish I had perfect pitch, but you can't get everything in life. =P

I also wish I was better at writing. That one takes practice too...

Oh man, I need to get off the internet and get to work. :P

• Brohoof 1