Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you wish you were better at?

Clockwork Chaos

• 5 months later...

Speaking / understanding Japanese... It would make life a lot easier for me. Plus I wouldn't need subtitles when watching anime.

I wish my drawing style is stay more consistent... once I finally got the style I wanted I can never go back to it again. I hate that :okiedokieloki: I literally have to look back to my own drawing and try to copy it but it never work. 

I wish I could remember things better. I have a terrible memory, when I changed the school, it took me a month or two to memorize classmates names and appearances. I also can't memorize my relatives birthdays, I still barely remember mom's age and can't remember the age of others. So every year my relatives have to tell me things like "This Friday is your mom's/dad's/grandma's birthday, don't forget about it" and I often forget

On 1/7/2020 at 5:47 PM, Splashee said:

I really wish I was better at starting new projects. I have so many ideas, but starting any of them is my biggest problem.

Oh, I wish I was better at finishing my projects. I have a ton of abandoned ones because I lost interest and moved to the next idea

• Brohoof 1

I wish I understood more new technologies. I'm a programmer yet I'm more familar with creating a HTTP server in C than using frameworks to simply make a website.
I also wish to be better at socializing. I'm very much introverted and I have to force myself to not stay quiet all the time.

• Brohoof 1

There is always something new to learn. I wish I would be good in voice acting. I enjoyed watching some parodies and animations. I have many ideas, wrote a script for a Death Note parody, but I'm not an actor. :rarity:

15 hours ago, netcat said:

I'm a programmer yet I'm more familar with creating a HTTP server in C than using frameworks to simply make a website.

Can you tell me some more details about it on priv? I watched a couple of tutorials on using plain sockets in C to make some simple echo servers or chats, but I haven't found anything yet about handling data streams (which is a pretty important part of how HTTP and other text-based protocols work); things like collecting lines of text to make a list of HTTP headers, or figuring out where the data stream begins (i.e. finding the empty line), buffering stuff, managing resources in memory etc. The C programming language is quite low-level, and there's not much information online about how to deal with such things, usually most tutorials just focus on using the standard library facilities and calling someone else's code :q