Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Revival of Derpy.

Hangman

In EG, we got to see Derpy for the first time in who knows how long. Do you think the show will succed in bringing her back? After The Last Roundup controversy, they saw her as a "retarded pony." Now when they visually personify Derpy into the human avatar of an airhead she was originally meant by us to be, I think the image will be more acceptable. I really think that EG is a prelude to more Derpy.

In EG, we got to see Derpy for the first time in who knows how long. Do you think the show will succed in bringing her back? After The Last Roundup controversy, they saw her as a "retarded pony." Now when they visually personify Derpy into the human avatar of an airhead she was originally meant by us to be, I think the image will be more acceptable. I really think that EG is a prelude to more Derpy.

Derpy reappeared in Magical Mystery Cure as well, and I believe it has been confirmed that she isn't being removed from the show.

• Brohoof 3

I believe the MLP staff is getting a bit more comfortable putting Derpy back into the show. Maybe not as much as she then in "Over A Barrel" but still enough to reamin as that "Where's Waldo" type character.

I SCOURED Equestria Girls for Derpy. Where the hell was she? Where did she pop up in Magical Mystery Cure? Honestly, I'm not liking how hard they're making it to spot Derpy.

She's at the Twilight's coronation in the crowd though she's kind of hard to spot. I enjoy a nice challenge to spot Derpy though. I hope the staff will make it a challenge to put her in every episode somewhere and we have to find her.

Edited by Lady Rainicorn
  • Brohoof 1

I SCOURED Equestria Girls for Derpy. Where the hell was she? Where did she pop up in Magical Mystery Cure? Honestly, I'm not liking how hard they're making it to spot Derpy.

She appears in the background hidden in a few frames in both. She also appears front and center during EG's credits. Honestly, some people need to keep up with the times here.

• Brohoof 1

She appears twice in the cafeteria during the "Helping Twilight Win the Crown" sequence, and at the end of the credits she shows up dancing with a muffin.

EDIT: And of course I was ninja'd twice. ^_^

Edited by Gigapony
  • Brohoof 1

Hasbro might be getting a little lenient on Derpy but, I guess since they don't want to show too much of her they decide to put her in the ''Where's Waldo?'' section of the background.

• Brohoof 1

Derpy isn't leaving the show... shes apparently just being changed... I hope they do it gracefully though... like have her go through a surgery, or get hit by a cart...... Cuz if they just plain change her, with no regard with what she once was, I will have to write VERY angry letters... Like totally unpleasant rage h8 letters... the kind of letters Donald Trump gets after firing a popular person from the show...

I thought of a simple way to execute this....derpy gets insulted for being, well, derpy, and the characters stand up for her. Lesson for the episode, and proves we love derpy for who she is and don't just think "LAWL LOOKS SHES A RETARD!", all in one go.

Edited by Outkin
  • Brohoof 3

I thought of a simple way to execute this....derpy gets insulted for being, well, derpy, and the characters stand up for her. Lesson for the episode, and proves we love derpy for who she is and don't just think "LAWL LOOKS SHES A RETARD!", all in one go.

I've said that from the start of this bogus debacle.

She could've been a GREAT learning tool for understanding and helping out those that would be considered handicapped. If thats how you take her character (she still just seemed clutzy with a funny little lisp to me. Hardly mentally handicapped).

She could've been a great stand in for such learning experiences. Instead though we return to the usual "Hide the disabled and otherwise handicapped! We mustn't let our children know they exist!" mentality. 

Somehow putting them front and center is "offensive" even with good intent.

Notice how often you ever see a Handicapped individual in kids shows as a recurring character? not often.. And barring Peter Griffins technical "retardation" they're usually never even mentioned publicly at all!

WHY ALL THE SECRECY?!?!

Keep it this way and whats the first reaction a kid has when they see a disabled person? They stare and ask questions, older ones will even begin to mock and harass... Simply because no one ever showed or explained to them that the disabled are people too!

Thank you helicopter parents and over sensitive whacko's...

FYI I kinda take it kinda personally since my sister is cross eyed, and I'm technically "Mentally Handicapped" myself. Technically because years upon years of therapy has worked out the major bugs in my brain.  My parents base method was simple, therapist (which many cannot afford i understand) and no heavy  "special ed" classes. I was kept mostly main stream to prevent the oft created problem where the babying those classes get actually encourages the issues rather than helps them :(

Result, 8 years military service, out on a clean record, and I'm still making my own way despite all (not easily mind you, but who is these days?)

Derpy is somepony i still enjoy, and love. I would've loved to see her made a consistently front of the crowd recurring character.

I realize she will probably be continued in the show, but I don't like the idea that she will only become a "background pony"; she only appears in the background. Sure it's fun to have the challenge to find her, but what if they did that to all our favorite ponies? Lyra, Vinyl, and other ponies aren't necessarily mane characters, but at least they're the focus of an episode at one point, which is something I'd want to see from Derpy.

I realize she will probably be continued in the show, but I don't like the idea that she will only become a "background pony"; she only appears in the background. Sure it's fun to have the challenge to find her, but what if they did that to all our favorite ponies? Lyra, Vinyl, and other ponies aren't necessarily mane characters, but at least they're the focus of an episode at one point, which is something I'd want to see from Derpy.

I have seen every episode 10 times and I can not recall one where Lyra or Vinyl Scratch were a focus of an episode. Correct me if I'm wrong or I misunderstood what you are saying.

I have seen every episode 10 times and I can not recall one where Lyra or Vinyl Scratch were a focus of an episode. Correct me if I'm wrong or I misunderstood what you are saying.

By focus I mean at least being up close. Lyra had a small speaking role during A Canterlot Wedding as one of Cadence's best mares (or whatever you call it). As for Vinyl, we've seen her jammin as a DJ to say the least.

I figure, if they are getting rid of Derpy (Ditzy) than atleast make an episode out of it.. Like, everyone in ponyville is making fun of her, so she leaves for Canerlot and lives with Dr. Whooves or something.. ofcourse, make a good lesson about it.. like dont make fun of people that are totally normal or something..

She's just a background pony. She's not that important -_-. You are kind of overreacting to Ditzy. I don't understand everypony's strange obsession with Ditzy Doo.

She is essentially a character that the fans made. We named her Derpy. The people who make the show decided to give us a shoutout in The Last Roundup. I really think the reason she is so popular is the fact that it really shows that they actually care about what the fans think and make an attempt to cater to that rather than just assuming what we like. Sort of like Equestria Girls, there was a lot of brony influence to it. Even the opening song, that was sort of a cheers to all the fans who make ponystep music/remixes of the music from the show. Derpy is sort of the avatar of the concept.

• Brohoof 3

I REEEEALLY hope that they do bring her back. i honestly think that she could make a great episode. kinda along the lines of the zecora debut, maybe make one about treating everyone with dignity. even if they are clumsy often or have some physical deformity. they could still be fun and totally awesome!

Saying Derpy isn't important is like saying Hypnotoad isn't glorious.

As thenext said, Derpy is practically fanmade, and who can't love her? I mean, her personality is adorable, and she just seems so lovable.

• Brohoof 2

there should be an episode for derpy she is kinda like the brony made caricter and in eqg they had at the end of the credets they showed her most people don't see her there

Dude, I just looked at your Gar- um characters and wow. Just wow. O.o

(Since I must have a minimum of 100, here is a sentence). I ship FlutterDash.

I figure, if they are getting rid of Derpy (Ditzy) than atleast make an episode out of it.. Like, everyone in ponyville is making fun of her, so she leaves for Canerlot and lives with Dr. Whooves or something.. ofcourse, make a good lesson about it.. like dont make fun of people that are totally normal or something..

Make fun of Derpy to make her leave? What kind of lesson would I learn from that? If you don't like somebody because they are different, chase them out of town with your insults :huh:? Not to mention the thought of Derpy gone forever is pretty gory.

• Brohoof 1

Make fun of Derpy to make her leave? What kind of lesson would I learn from that? If you don't like somebody because they are different, chase them out of town with your insults :huh:? Not to mention the thought of Derpy gone forever is pretty gory.

Exactly. Maybe they could make an episode where everypony makes fun of Derpy, and the mane six try to end the teasing. The lesson learned would be that everypony should be treated equally, regardless of how they look, sound, or act.

• Brohoof 1

Exactly. Maybe they could make an episode where everypony makes fun of Derpy, and the mane six try to end the teasing. The lesson learned would be that everypony should be treated equally, regardless of how they look, sound, or act.

There we go! Could not have said it better myself. Although I don't think any of our Ponyville citizens would be so unpleasant as to make fun of a pony just because of her derpy eyes. I could be wrong though.