Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever come close to death?

Onylex

The closest I've come to death was when my Father was driving us back to our Mother's house.  There was a blizzard and he saw a truck in front of him at the last second!  He turned the wheel as much as he could and we crashed into the snow instead.  There was also the time when I was hit by a van while I was driving my bike.  I knew I was going to be hit, (it would have been my turn to go but she didn't look for cyclists, even if I was on a bicycle path) so I went as fast as I could so she stepped on my rear wheel instead of me.

This one isn't a near death experience but a near deaf experience.  When I was 6 months old, I got a terrible ear infection.  My parents didn't notice because I'd instantly stop crying when they picked me up.  It's only when my ears turned red and that a fever appeared that they took me to an hospital.  They said it was serious and that I could have lost my hearing had they not been in time.  That would have been a shame since my hearing is above average and my eyes suck.

• Brohoof 1

We have a fighter here! lol

Yes, I have often almost drowned. I couldn't swim when I was very young so yeah, I'm very good swimmer now though but I had jumped into a deep pool and noone was around so if they wouldn't have jumped out to rescue me then yeah...

One time I was diving, I went too deep so I could hardly get to the surface it's very weird both times I felt very peaceful and a part of me wanted to just stop, I could just see the warm light from the water so peaceful and then blam! You realize what just happened and all your adrenaline kicks in.

Then I was once throwing off a rock that I had tied with a metal string, yeah you can see where this is going. I then threw that rock, it was a heavy rock and that string stuck on stuff, I don't need to explain where it happened it was high and I just wanted to see that rock fall with that string. I threw the rock and the string caught my head and I just slammed against the railing, it was some sort of staircase outside. So yeah, it happened so quickly and I wasn't prepared so basically if I wouldn't have grabbed something it would probably have just killed me but I took some of the impact with my hands instead of just my neck.

Then also, I was always rather weak when I was younger so the doctors just simply said: "It doesn't matter how, just make that boy eat or he'll dies". So I was kind of forced to eat when I was younger. Well I had to, but of course it wasn't fun. I didn't eat much and was low on pretty much everything and skinny as hell. I was very young so I was just forced to eat a lot but at that time I was close to dying.

Well, it was mostly just my struggle when I was a kid because of how weak I was, I was in danger. My parents keep telling me that they were very scared and they constantly ask me to forgive them for forcing me to eat. Although, I of course forgive them if they wouldn't have I would now be dead. Besides, it was that damn doctor that told them to force it they never wanted to do that, I was just so stubborn I would rather die then eat eggs. lol Times have changed haven't they.

Also one time I got pneumonia, you have to understand I have asthma and allergies so my lungs can't handle stuff like that so I guess you could say that it was one of those near death, not really though I was at the hospital so everything should have been under control.

I guess I'm not meant to live though, I have had a lot more stuff like this happening to me. Something is out there to kill me, it's just weird how everything seems to be trying to do so. Hehe, no this world won't get rid of me that easily. It's like something is protecting me, everything seems to hate me. Animals go crazy when they see me, like there is something telling them: "Kill that guy!". People hate me, I don't know what it is but there is something out there to kill me and I will try keeping myself away from danger, lol. I still don't know what's up with the animals, I'm not even scary looking, doesn't matter I have allergies anyway. Besides, cars are my type of "pets". Anyway, something is protecting me and I thank whatever is doing that, it kind of makes me feel like there is a purpose for me. :3

• Brohoof 2

I've had a couple of times. I've been in four shooting accidents, two of which I've been hit. (both of them were non lethal, and never put me in much danger. One bounced off my knee (.22LR Subsonic) and the other went through my arm. (9mm FMJ)) However, those accidents could've been much, much worse.

Several years ago, I jumped into a rock quarry and nearly died.

And not too long ago I was sent to the hospital for mercury poisoning.That almost killed me.

• Brohoof 1

Quite close. You guys can choose not to believe me on this, I don't care, but I was shot in the leg as a kid. I was 7, and someone broke into our house. We were robbed, but almost everyone woke up. I ran downstairs, (my dad was calling the police) and being the stupid person I am, I went to look for them. I saw them, and they had a gun, and they shot at me. They hit me in the leg, and the police came. I have a scar there now. I was also close to being raped once. These guy cornered me in an alley, but he didn't have any weapons. I kicked him, and ran away. So, yeah.................

• Brohoof 2

Not necessarily close to death, but close to not existing at all. A few years before I was born, my dad got in a terrible motorcycle accident. Every rib was fractured, there were multiple lung punctures, and his spleen was ruptured far beyond saving. He had to have somewhere around four blood transfusions in all. The doctors were beyond sure he was going to die no matter what they did.

They were wrong. Against all odds, my dad survived. He's minus a spleen now and he's got more than a few surgical scars, but he made it through. It wasn't until a few years after that that I was born. 

I'm not sure how relevant this is, considering this is more of a near-nonexistence experience, but still. It just goes to show that survival is possible even when no one thinks it is.

• Brohoof 2

Let's just say I've learned to count my blessings:

-My dad dropped me on my head once when I was little. He was so afraid he paralyzed me but I suffered no apparent injury. I was too young to remember it.

-Dad and I were run off the road once and hit a fence. It turned out to be a minor fender bender.

-Another time, dad and I hydroplaned across a median, two opposing lanes of traffic, and came to a standstill on someone's lawn. Thankfully it was a Sunday morning and traffic was light.

-As I was walking along an icy road, a car lost control and hit a telephone pole. If it weren't for that pole, it would've been on a course to run me over!

-I was riding with a coworker in her car and she kept complaining that the steering wheel was jerking around. It got bad enough that she pulled over to the next tire shop she saw. Turns out the nuts were loose. The wheel could have flown off while we were speeding along I-95!

-I lived two doors down from a house that suffered a gas explosion two weeks ago.

That's all I can think of right now.

• Brohoof 3

Okay, two times actually.

- When I was 5 years old, I was alone in the basement, and I was playing with a rubber ball. I don't know how, but the ball managed to get stuck in my throat. I couldn't scream or anything, so I decided to put my hand in my mouth and grab the rubber ball with my nails. I succesfully removed the ball from my throat, and continued playing. I never told my parents lol.

- When I was 7 years old, I was in a wave pool, when suddenly, they stopped it. So since the water level was really low, to my knees, I decided to walk forward. When the water was at my neck, they restarted the waves. But I was alone here, and no one could see me since I could barely even put my nose off the water. Then I died (lol). And it seems someone noticed me after accidentaly smashing me with his elbow. So he took me off the pool, and dropped me on the ground. I then came back to life, coughed all the water in my lungs. I cried a bit, then forgot this and went to do some pedalboat. So I was dead for 20 seconds lol.

Thinking about this now... I almost died, AND died, but just forgot this and went to play. (Liek a baws)

• Brohoof 6

Well lets see, I've nearly drowned at least one time, nearly been hit by a car on multiple occassions I think, my bipolar brother attempted to strangle me to death a couple months ago, and I probably many other situations I'm forgetting. I guess all those times I've slipped and hit my head on ice could've killed me but fortunately didn't (not even seriously injured me).

• Brohoof 1

When I was around 9 or 10, I was swimming at a friend's pool for her birthday. My brother was there too and he decided to grab onto my back. This was in the deep end of the pool and he's too big for me to carry on my back so he was drowning. I started yelling at him to get off but he wouldn't, so I did pinched him, scratched him, did whatever I could to get him off of me. Eventually he let go. He was either 7 or 8 but he was a pretty fat kid back then and he has autism so he didn't understand that he was drowning me I guess.

• Brohoof 1

Definitely mate! In fact, that reminds me of my mountain expedition.I nearly fell of this tiny bit of cliff due to the loss of control and grip.

Lets see, how many time have I almost meet death...

1)Almost got hit by a car while crossing the road

2)Climbed a mountain and almost fell into 1867m drop

3)Almost fell down a bridge due to me running / flying to fast...(Clumsily)

4)Got into a motorbike accident, but left with minor injuries, I was the driver for for your information...

5)Smacked / bumped into a lady while running / racing with my bros... It almost hit my head, but thankfully, I only got hit in the knee

(but do not worry, I am still able to run!)

All of those incident happened this year!

• Brohoof 1

We all have our unique stories of how close we almost died.

I have 3, and luckily I survived them.

• Big tree almost collapsing on me.
  • Car that was inches away from hitting me.
  • Suicide, but I'd rather not talk about it...
  • Brohoof 2

Literally, I'd say no since I tend to walk away unharmed each time I've ever actually gotten near. But in truth, MANY times have I been near.

I had more than once been standing near exploding things while i was in the Military, was in an enclosed space with a Nitrogen leak,  Next to an aircraft that lost its canopy, beside an air start unit that blew a massive fireball (dangerous cause the start units use basically a small jet engine like thing to blow air, and if it blows it can fire debris up to 3 miles!), beside a Halon Bottle that blew, and even next to an aircraft with "hot brakes" (this can lead to spontaneous fire of the brakes which are made of Magnesium and CANNOT be put out, or cause the tires to over heat and literally explode)... Theres more I'm sure, but such is life.

I've also been verbally assaulted over my lack of reaction during these situations, and "making light of a dangerous situation" after laughing at one instance... No one was hurt, so IMO its kinda funny when you look back. Okay maybe it was premature, but i stand by it.

I mean, investigations and yadda yadda aside, Usually I was either alone, or no one got hurt anyways... Well, when the canopy launched off one guy did fall off the side of the jet and get a couple of bruises, but no serious injuries since the canopy got stopped and hooked on the ejection seat.

Working on the flight deck though "near death" experiences were dime a dozen. Nearly getting whacked by a catch wire, blown around by jets, avoiding propellers,  literally every step during active flight ops was dangerous as hell.

I loved every minute of it too, I'd kill to be able to go back.

• Brohoof 1

We all have our unique stories of how close we almost died.

I have 3, and luckily I survived them.

• Big tree almost collapsing on me.
  • Car that was inches away from hitting me.
  • Suicide, but I'd rather not talk about it...

Glad that you watched MLP to hold your temper huh? It is kinda cool, that reminds me of me trying to kill my wittle bwother who is awfully annoying, so much so that I tried to drown myself in the pool...

We all do share the same experience, but, in a different kind of way...

• Brohoof 2

Glad that you watched MLP to hold your temper huh? It is kinda cool, that reminds me of me trying to kill my wittle bwother who is awfully annoying, so much so that I tried to drown myself in the pool...

We all do share the same experience, but, in a different kind of way...

While MLP in general has helped a bit, it wasn't the show that helped me in a big way.

It was the fans, more specifically the bronies of the forums who helped me out.

You guys are awesome.

• Brohoof 2

Twice for me-

-fat third grader karate chopped my throat, causing my huge tonsils to stick together and i was gagging for air.

-I tripped on a guys shoe, fell on to girl who punched me in the jaw, then i finally fell head first onto a guy's steel toe boots, on the steel part, i got knocked out then they dragged me to the nurses office because it was school

Edited by Noble
  • Brohoof 1

I've had quite a few close calls, many un-intentional, some not...

My most recent near death experience is a strange one, I suffered a caffeine overdose whilst pulling a gaming marathon, I chain drank coffee, energy drinks and Pepsi, within the span of 3 hours I consumed around 2.5 grams of caffine, doesn't sound like a lot, but when you consider a 500ml can of energy drink (such as monster) only contains 160mg of caffine... It was a stupid idea and caused me to become nauseous, get severe chest pains, it felt as though my eyes were on fire and my entire body wouldn't stop shaking uncontrollably, I was sp convinced that I was about to die that I just lay on my bed and accepted my fate, waiting for death.

• Brohoof 4

I fell from the top of a 25-30 foot tree when I was back in 5th grade, pretty bad huh?

Well that's not all, I was lucky enough to land perpendicularly on a jagged tree stump sticking out out of the ground, I fractured 2 ribs, got a scar stretching from my left shoulder all the way down my torso, and i would have been impaled through the abdomen if I had fallen less than a foot to the right. My teacher never forgave me for getting my safety patrol belt covered in blood.

There was also the time I fell into a lake at 3 years old, and another time I got a fish bone lodged in my esophagus, of course there was also the time I got ran over by a tractor, and last but not least, the time I almost got a chopping maul in the face...

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)
  • Brohoof 1

Twice actually if you don't count stupid drivers.

Once when I was a baby. I was always sick and it grew really bad when I kept on getting sick everywhere. Learned I was lactose intolerant and it all ended.  

When I was in 4-5 grade, I accidentally rammed my bike into another person head on and I flipped over. My skull would have been cracked open in I had no helmet on.Same with the first time I learn to roller skate, instead I slipped so hard on my back that it knocked the air out my lungs.

Then again, I would have died if these people never stopped there damn car when I had right away to walk...

• Brohoof 1

I've never came close to death. I'm an inside kid and as such I NEVER leave the house except with exceptional occasions. I don't kknow if that's a good thing or a bad thing but I'm pretty glad I haven't.

• Brohoof 1

Alot of times actually. If we count suicide attempts.

If not then probably around three times.

1. I wrapped headphone cords around me while i was sleeping and awoke in a pool of sweet and a blue face.
  2. Almost overdosed on prescription pills since i forgot if i took them or not.
  3. Accidentally smashed myself with a hammer and got knocked out. Saw a bright light which turned out to be a hospital light
  • Brohoof 1

when i was 10 i almost drowned, that sucked. i was on holiday playing cricket on the beach (Yeah, i'm British, deal with it.) my bro walloped the ball into the sea, so i swam after

... there was a stronger tide than i thought.

funny thing is, i used to be frightened of drowning before then, now i'm ok with it. it isn't as bad as everyone seems to think XD

• Brohoof 1

I've had two near-death incidents. The first one was when I was like 5, and I was on my way to my mother's friend's house. There's a part of the road with an island in it, and we were crossing that way. But before we did, I did the most stupid thing ever and tried to get to the island as quickly as possible. A taxi was coming and I was still only about halfway across. My big brother managed to grab me and pull me to safety before it could hit me, and that it nearly did; only missed me by about less than a foot.

The other was when I was at the swimming pool with my class. We were taking turns jumping into the pool which was set to above 2 meters in depth. When I was about to jump, I somehow managed to slip and fall forward, causing me to hit the water with my face. This dazed me and made it difficult for me to swim back to surface, and I was left straggling breathless for a bit before I was finally able to grab the pole someone put in and climb back up to the side of the pool.

• Brohoof 1

I thought I was going to die a few weeks ago after doing an intense workout session. At the end of the work out I ended up vomiting pretty bad and I wasn't able to breath for a minute or two thankfully I was able to catch my breath very scary experience.  

• Brohoof 1

I was in the Army and I fought in Iraq as well as Afghanistan. Having said that there have been numerous times that I have come close to buying the farm. However there is one situation that always stands out in my mind.  In Iraq while on patrol in a not so nice neighborhood, my convoy was attacked by insurgents from out of an ally. They fired an RPG right at my vehicle. The round flew straight and true hitting my vehicle dead on and.........it bounced right off without detonating lol. Got to love defective rounds.

• Brohoof 4