Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

BronyCon 2014 Location?

Celli

Simply put, where do you think the next bronycon should be held? Personally, I think Fillydelphia would be great place for it.  What do you think? 

Pretty sure they displayed lots of interest in staying in Baltimore for a few years. The convention center is absolutely massive, and can more than easily deal with BronyCon's expected growth for a long while. Ottacon or whatever it's called, an anime convention, has 30,000 people who joined/are joining. BronyCon this year was a very awesome 8,400+, but that's still nowhere near an amount that would outgrow the Baltimore Convention Center. In addition, it's attached to the Hilton Hotel, and is surrounded by four additional hotels, and numerous museums and the Oriels baseball park. It's as if the place was made for the brony fandom's large conventions :P

I won't be surprised if it stays there for a few more years.

• Brohoof 20

There is a high probability BronyCon 2014 will be held in Baltimore again. CD told me at the MLP Forums' dinner that the organizers want to stick with one place after moving around for some many years. Can't say I blame them -- too bad Baltimore isn't so nice once you leave the convention area.

Otacon is indeed held around the same time as BronyCon -- with far larger attendance numbers, I might add. There isn't much sense in abandoning large convention space, an easily accessible city (Baltimore is a junction for major railroads on the east coast), and accommodations ranging from hotels to restaurants.

• Brohoof 5

Being the completely biased person that I am I would say Chicago. More of a central location, a lot more user friendly to midwestern and west coast bronies. I live in Iowa :P

• Brohoof 1

Being the completely biased person that I am I would say Chicago. More of a central location, a lot more user friendly to midwestern and west coast bronies. I live in Iowa :P

Truth be told, if BronyCon moved again, it would likely settle no further than Ohio. A lot of conventions are held in that state, due to its accessibility. Personally speaking, however, I quite prefer BronyCon's current location -- but I'm a biased New Yorker who likes to save money on trains. :P

• Brohoof 3

OREGON. CAUSE CONVENIENT. FOR MOSTLY ME.

Like the others have said, there's a decent chance it'll be in Baltimore for the foreseeable future. Though, if it doesn't, it'll be on the East Coast, therefore it won't make a huge difference to me :P. I'll be doing my best to make it there regardless.

• Brohoof 1

I would be totally fine with it being in Baltimore, because I live within Baltimore County and I'm all for my own convenience at the cost of everybody else's traveling expenses it really is a lovely venue.

• Brohoof 2

God damn it you guys this isn't Metal Gear Solid IT'S OTAKON NOT OTACON AAHFJSFDJ;

I'm actually fine with it being in Baltimore not because I live around here because I'd totally be willing to travel but it's a nice convention center.

I honestly thought philly cuz i didnt think it would be in the same place. I live about 7 hours away from baltimore. If It's there again, I would definitely like it. not too fond of traveling far to somewhere like LA. I live in niagara falls. Also , what would be good to bring to bronycon?

I live in Rhode Island so Baltimore is definitely one of the better options for me personally. I don't know if I'll actually be able to go to Bronycon next year. I'll only be 15 so... We'll see.

Honestly, I want one to be held in Florida just because of it being closer to where I live however, beings most if you are saying Baltimore had the better convention center, I guess I wouldn't mind it being held there again.

Maybe next year I'll be able to attend it :3

• Brohoof 1

It wouldn't matter for me no matter where they place the next Bronycon. It could be right next door and I wouldn't have the money for tickets. To be honest they just need to put it an easily accessible city with decently priced hotels. So Baltimore always seems like a good candidate.

But like the Superbowl, they need to change up the location. Perhaps the next one could be in Miami, Florida?

God damn it you guys this isn't Metal Gear Solid IT'S OTAKON NOT OTACON AAHFJSFDJ;

I'm actually fine with it being in Baltimore not because I live around here because I'd totally be willing to travel but it's a nice convention center.

METAL GEAR?! IT CAN'T BE!

Yeah, I forgot about the difference in spelling. That being set aside, the Baltimore Convention Center is indeed a really nice place. I also found the hotel and convention staff to be very courteous.

If I had my way, I'd have the con be in Milwaukee somewhere. If we're talking actual convention centers though, Rosemont, over in Chicago's north-side would be a good place. They host Anime Central every late April/May over at the Donald Jay Stevens convention center (I think that's what it's called) as well as working with the nearby Hyatt and Double Tree Hotels. It could definitely hold Bronycon, as Anime Central has been hosting between 18,000 & 21,000 attendees.

But I already talked to the con staff and they said that Baltimore is the foreseeable future.

but regardless of where it is...

I will be there!

Sioux falls in South Dakota is a great place to be. There are plenty of hotels and it is just a great place, I think, for Bronycon to be. It may not be super close to anything but it is a pretty big city with plenty of room for all us Bronies to stay.

SANDIEGO!!! FRICKING SANDIEGO!!! or at least Los  Angeles. also i think they should try to move it to CA because i live near there, (tijuana to be exact) and i don't want to fly all the way to baltimore. well now you will say "hey if the bronycon is all the way over there we will have to fly all the way over there" any who PLEASE!!!, San Diego or L.A.!!! 

It'll probably stay in Baltimore for reasons already stated, but I hope it moves closer to me, so I can go. :P

II'm sure somewhere south, like Dallas could host it.

Edited by -Nobody-
  • Brohoof 1

I hope it stays in Baltimore.  It's been pretty accessible in terms of Otakon from New York, and that's darn convenient for me.   ... [/ego]    But yeah.   It's a fantastic place for a convention.  The Inner Harbor is very beautiful that time of year, though it can get a bit hot, and there are a ton of panhandlers.    Can't forget about

.  He's always there at Otakon.  I hope he's there at Bronycon too.   Oh wait,

EDIT:  By the way, Otakon won't be there for 2017 and beyond.  They've got two more years on their contract, then they're off to D.C, where they have twice the amount of square footage Baltimore's 'con center does.  To be honest, it really needs it.  It feels like brightly colored sardines on a conveyor belt wherever you go.

Edited by SkyDream

We are currently working on a Bronycon to be in Minneapolis sometime in the summer of 2014. It would host the entire midwest along with die hard bronys willing to come from all across the states. We are also currently in the process of finding the correct venue, with in mind accessible and easy accomedations.

Minneapolis is a terrific city with many other things to do while enjoying the Bronycon. This will be the premeir midwest Bronycon.

• Brohoof 1

Pretty sure they displayed lots of interest in staying in Baltimore for a few years. The convention center is absolutely massive, and can more than easily deal with BronyCon's expected growth for a long while. Ottacon or whatever it's called, an anime convention, has 30,000 people who joined/are joining. BronyCon this year was a very awesome 8,400+, but that's still nowhere near an amount that would outgrow the Baltimore Convention Center. In addition, it's attached to the Hilton Hotel, and is surrounded by four additional hotels, and numerous museums and the Oriels baseball park. It's as if the place was made for the brony fandom's large conventions :P

I won't be surprised if it stays there for a few more years.

Would love to see BronyCon in Tampa.  We have nearly the same look as Baltimore but more to offer.  Not to mention, we have hosted the RNC and 4 Superbowls, so large conventions are easy for us.  I also know for a fact that BronyCon can have the convention center for free because it is held in August. 

I personally would like to see it in Indianapolis because I'm like, 30 minutes north of it, but if they do decide to stay in Baltimore for a few years I wouldn't be that upset because that's really not to far away especially since I'm on the road a lot of the time anyway, I could make that in an afternoon! Haha! If for some reason they do move it to Indy, It would be great at Lucas Oil Stadium or Even Better, The Bank One Building, lol! 129 floors of Ponies! 

The moon!

Fillydelphia would be a great place for it! It's only two hours away from me, and I can stay over at my mother's friend's house! I hope they host it somewhere in Northeast Fillydelphia!