Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

BronyCon 2014 Location?

Celli

Fillydelphia would be a great place for it! It's only two hours away from me, and I can stay over at my mother's friend's house! I hope they host it somewhere in Northeast Fillydelphia!

As much as I'd love to see BronyCon in Philly, the main convention center here is one of the most expensive in the country. So with that said, I'm perfectly happy if it continues to be held in Baltimore for the foreseeable future. :)

The only venue in Northeast Philly I can think of that can hold something like Bronycon is the National Guard Armory and I don't think it's a good location. There are hotels and restaurants up there, but the only way to get around is by car. Same problem with the Expo Center in Oaks, PA.

As much as I'd love to see BronyCon in Philly, the main convention center here is one of the most expensive in the country. So with that said, I'm perfectly happy if it continues to be held in Baltimore for the foreseeable future. :)

The only venue in Northeast Philly I can think of that can hold something like Bronycon is the National Guard Armory and I don't think it's a good location. There are hotels and restaurants up there, but the only way to get around is by car. Same problem with the Expo Center in Oaks, PA.

I can get to Baltimore from here in two hours also, so i'll be happy if it stays in Baltimore-i'll hopefully stack up the cash by then.

I would personally love for it to be moved around here in the Western United States. California would be great and convenient for me! I wouldn't care where in California, I would get there by all means! 

Sadly, and I'm probably just guessing here, I think that the majority of bronies in the United States live and are at the largest quantities in the Eastern Northern parts of the country. 

I live in Southern California and I doubt there's any more than 100-200 bronies that live around here. :(

But I do agree that after all that moving and searching, BronyCon is most likely going to stay there for the next couple of years.

Well not all hope is lost, there's the Appleloosa Con coming up with it's first opening day this October, which is being held in Arizona. :P

I just hope more conventions started opening up in the west. I guess we'll see. 

Until then, I'll be saving up for at least $3,000 dollars for BronyCon next year or the year after that. Wish me luck! :P

Pretty sure they displayed lots of interest in staying in Baltimore for a few years. The convention center is absolutely massive, and can more than easily deal with BronyCon's expected growth for a long while. Ottacon or whatever it's called, an anime convention, has 30,000 people who joined/are joining. BronyCon this year was a very awesome 8,400+, but that's still nowhere near an amount that would outgrow the Baltimore Convention Center. In addition, it's attached to the Hilton Hotel, and is surrounded by four additional hotels, and numerous museums and the Oriels baseball park. It's as if the place was made for the brony fandom's large conventions :P

I won't be surprised if it stays there for a few more years.

Hopefully that means I can go next year. Baltimore is just 2 hours away. Just need to start saving,( I spent all my money on new PC). 

Being the completely biased person that I am I would say Chicago. More of a central location, a lot more user friendly to midwestern and west coast bronies. I live in Iowa :P

While I doubt that BronyCon will move to Chicago, it would make me very happy if there were a large brony convention taking place there.

I have heard wonderful things about ACen. Chicago is a great place for that convention too. If there were some sort of Midwest Brony convention that grew to a significant size, Chicago would be a great place to have it.

I would personally prefer going to Detroit since it is closer, and there is lots of hotel and convention space in Detroit as well, but because the largest brony convention is nowhere near the size of the largest anime convention, there don't need to be as many large brony conventions to begin with, and people are more willing to travel to Chicago than to Detroit (even though Chicago is not necessarily safer than downtown Detroit, but PR makes it seem like Detroit has crime at every corner. Ugh).

Wow, I got screwed over. BronyCAN is on the other side of the country and there's no way in hell I'm getting driven 7 hours to Baltimore. :L
However, for reasons listed by ~CD~, there's really no excuse for it to move.

Wow, I got screwed over. BronyCAN is on the other side of the country and there's no way in hell I'm getting driven 7 hours to Baltimore. :L

However, for reasons listed by ~CD~, there's really no excuse for it to move.

I took a train for twelve hours to get there :P GetOnMyLevelBro.

Seven hours isn't that big a deal, but gas money is another matter. Should use the train system, too. Might take a bit longer but it's awesome.

• Brohoof 2

BronyCon's staying in Baltimore for a while. And Baltimore's fine. The location was fun and almost anything one'd need is within walking distance. Hopefully the can rent out even more space within the convention center to make things more effiicient for attendees.

And geesh. I have to make a 6 hour flight trip from the Caribbean to Baltimore, and you don't see me complaining.

Edited by himanuts

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi I'm new here and due to my situation I can not travel to the U.S. to bronycon 2014 but I really want to go, I was wondering if anyone who is going could buy souvenirs and we could negotiate is the payment I am from mexico someone hopefully answer BRONIES RULES

Edited by RankShadow

I think New York would be a nice location, maybe it would be worth having it as a location for BronyCon. :P

The NYC area already has Big Apple Ponycon. It doesn't need two conventions.

Why do people need Bronycon to move? Organize a get together and engineer your own convention, don't take one away from others.

• Brohoof 2

The NYC area already has Big Apple Ponycon. It doesn't need two conventions.

Why do people need Bronycon to move? Organize a get together and engineer your own convention, don't take one away from others.

I don't know why they want it to move, maybe to get an early advantage I don't know. I'm not really all for taking opportunities away from others.