Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Celestia is Twilight's real mother?

Ratimus

Okay seeing that I got your attention, Let me just start off by saying that this is just a thought, but also could be very likely in the very near or distant future. I have also not read any of the books or have seen Equestria Girls ;__; I know... but anyway, I have certain proofz but unfortunately not a lot. Some questions i can answer some i cannot, but overall tell me what you ponies thinks of this and decide whether or not this will or will not happen...stupid run on sentence.

Sounds outlandish. If it were true, it's the sort of thing Celestia would reveal to Twilight during the time they spend together in Magical Mystery Cure. Right before she ascends to becoming a princess, plus it would cement the whole royal family allocation. Of course it's out of the question; if Twilight had royal blood, she'd be rather like Cadance, a princess right from the start, no? Why would Twilight need to prove herself to be princess material and then Cadance needn't?

• Brohoof 4

I think Cadence proved herself before she became Twilights foalsitter. But i have read a few fanfics of Celestia being Twilights mom.. which i must admit is pretty cool.

But I think Celestia didn't just want Twilight to be a princess from the get go. In my opinion, shes like Bill Gates, he has kids.. but won't give them all his money. Gates wants his kids to understand life, just like how Celestia sent Twilight to Ponyville to learn about Friendship and to find the other elements (lazy Tia..)

That's to dark for cannon material. Twilight already has someone who she thinks is her biological mother. Taking that away and saying it's Celestia would turn her whole world upside down. Also raises a crap ton of questions.

• Brohoof 3

Well, I think that if Celestia was Twilight's mother then she would have been considered royal blood. That would be a pretty strong statement, since Twilight already has a mother. But if she was Twilight's real mother, she wouldn't be Mother of the Year.

I would be very confused first of all. Why hide it from her to begin with? Also if Celestia was her mom then why wasn't she taking care of Twilight while she was growing up? Doesn't make sense. lol

Edited by Pegasus Device
  • Brohoof 3

The idea certainly has legs for a fanfiction or fancomic, but as far as the actual show is concerned? No, Twilight is pretty clearly not Celestia's daughter, except possibly in a metaphorical (and rather one-sided) sense. Celestia is certainly a mother figure, but not a mother.

While Celestia is probaly much like a motherly figure to Twilight, through all of her mentoring, i don't think shes actually her mother.

Twilight's parents have been shown a few times, and frankly theres no evidence that says that Celestia is in fact Twilights mother really. Sure you can speculate, but its never been implied or stated really.

If Twilights actually parents never showed, it'd be different, but yeah.

Thank you for all the current feedback. As for why Cel didn't tell Twi its obvious, you don't go up to your daughter and say, " Hey I'm your real mother! You're entire childhood as a unicorn in Canterlot is a lie. I gave you up at birth welcome back daughter!"Not really the best idea. Much like what Spartan said she had to prove her worth. If I'm not mistaken Cadence was also not born an alicorn as well and had to prove herself to Celestia and what other way to do that than to foalsit her daughter. As for Twi other mother, what part of real mother didn't you get, not to sound offensive, but I said that Cel could be her real mother and that the parents we see are adoptive parents. As for why she didn't tell anypony you just can't up and say that "Oh I had sex with a stallion." while ruling a country and the fate of all those ponies lives and trust in your hooves. Also sorry for bad grammar I'm tired. 

I'm going with a big NO, on this idea.

For one Celestia would not be able to hid being pregnant from anyone and would need to help to give birth to this new baby. Celestia remember is royalty and for someone who is royalty giving birth is a big deal. Everyone would know about it. Also we have yet to see a guy by her side. Can't make a baby with out a guy.

Besides, Twilight looks like her mom and both of their mains have a looks the same and have another color going threw it. Besides why would they hid this secret for so many years and not tell her the truth? It just does not make seines.

Cadence was also not born an alicorn as well and had to prove herself to Celestia and what other way to do that than to foalsit her daughter.

I know u said, u did not read the book, but at least look into it. Cadence proved herself in the book by doing something I won't say for spoiler reason. I can tell you one thing, it was not take care of this child and I well give u free alicorn powers. 

For one Celestia would not be able to hid being pregnant from anyone and would need to help to give birth to this new baby. Celestia remember is royalty and for someone who is royalty giving birth is a big deal. Everyone would know about it. Also we have yet to see a guy by her side. Can't make a baby with out a guy.

Besides, Twilight looks like her mom and both of their mains have a looks the same and have another color going threw it. Besides why would they hid this secret for so many years and not tell her the truth? It just does not make seines.

I know u said, u did not read the book, but at least look into it. Cadence proved herself in the book by doing something I won't say for spoiler reason. I can tell you one thing, it was not take care of this child and I well give u free alicorn powers. 

Strangely, she must have been as old as Twilight now to be an alicorn. I shudder at the idea that a filly knows all about love. Of course they would, they are more naive.  How old was she again?

First problem: Why?

There is no reason for Celestia to do this.  No reason to keep such a thing a secret.  Not to mention...

How?

There is no way Celestia could keep her pregnancy under wraps.  Not now, not ever.

Why again?

What purpose would such action serve?  What point is there in doing this?  We may complain about how trollish Celestia acts, but that is always done with reason and with Twilight's best interests in mind.  This would just be plain evil Darth Vader nonsense.

• Brohoof 1

Strangely, she must have been as old as Twilight now to be an alicorn. I shudder at the idea that a filly knows all about love. Of course they would, they are more naive.  How old was she again?

First, why do u always quote me twice? It's just weird anytime we talk, u do that. Not a big deal.

As for how old Cadence was, the book is kinda vague about it. I would guesses around the same age as during Twilights flash back of her in the Wedding episode.

First, why do u always quote me twice? It's just weird anytime we talk, u do that. Not a big deal.

As for how old Cadence was, the book is kinda vague about it. I would guesses around the same age as during Twilights flash back of her in the Wedding episode.

Its not me, its my computer and the site that does that. ^^" 

That would mean that she was more set then Twilight herself is since she learned love that fast. Maybe love is easy to learn?  Or maybe, she was using an age spell...a girl looking like the way she does becoming her foalsitter? That's a big...weird.

@pinkiefan1287 Maybe she didn't hide it true. So it must have been before she became an alicorn when she was just a normal Unicorn. Now you're asking, "well if it was before she was an alicorn then how was twilight not born earlier." TO this I have an answer. Crystal Empire. It just so happens that She and Luna DID fight King Sombra and he using dark magic hid The Empire for '1000 years' as well as fetus Twilight. i know ewww. Also I am aware that people care for the royal babies... however UK thinks otherwise btw so i'm guessing that even Celestia didn't know about it until it was time. So that way when fetus twi did appear she could not find her original mother so she, spirt wise... you know like in the MMC episode, found another body and was....eww just thinking about it is creepy and was placed conveniently with her other mother. This is really unorthodox. 

@Forlong All of your questions have been likey answered above. Also one other thing, I'm not dutch. I'm crazy but I aint dutch.

@Forlong All of your questions have been likey answered above. Also one other thing, I'm not dutch. I'm crazy but I aint dutch.

I was quite aware of that, but those answers are not good enough.  NO answers to those questions are good enough.

There is no reason for her to try to hide a pregnancy.  That would just be stupid.  She can make normal mistakes like anypony.  Just because she's queen, that does not mean the conditions of pregnancy don't apply.  Also, it would be impossible to hide for more than three months.  Anyone who knows anything could tell you that.

There is no reason for her not to raise her own daughter herself.  Why wouldn't she want the absolute best for her own child?  This loving pony who who gave acres of land to a complete stranger just 'cause.  You're saying she wouldn't show the same generosity and kindness to her own flesh and blood?

There is no reason for her to hide this information from Twilight.  It would only make her resentful to Celestia for not trusting her.  And let's remember that Celestia trusts her completely.

It would be completely OOC for Celestia to act this way.  You said you had evidence of this.  Show me!  Don't just blither off nonsense and circular logic.  And that's using the loosest definition of the word "logic" possible.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe she didn't hide it true. So it must have been before she became an alicorn when she was just a normal Unicorn. Now you're asking, "well if it was before she was an alicorn then how was twilight not born earlier." TO this I have an answer. Crystal Empire. It just so happens that She and Luna DID fight King Sombra and he using dark magic hid The Empire for '1000 years' as well as fetus Twilight. i know ewww. Also I am aware that people care for the royal babies... however UK thinks otherwise btw so i'm guessing that even Celestia didn't know about it until it was time. So that way when fetus twi did appear she could not find her original mother so she, spirt wise... you know like in the MMC episode, found another body and was....eww just thinking about it is creepy and was placed conveniently with her other mother. This is really unorthodox. 

Let me say this to your theory, THIS IS BY FAR THE DUMBEST IDEAD I HAVE EVER HERD IN MY LIFE. So your telling me King Sombra not only had the power to teleport an entire kingdom away for a thousand years, but also a fetus? Seeing as he was being sealed away, he would only have time to do 1 of those spells and not both of the spell.

Also, how would Celestia not know that her own baby was gone? What after the battle she just forgets?

Besides the way the spell worked what ever disappeared, would reaper in the same location. Crystal Empire showed up in the same location. So that means unborn Twilight would have been set back to Celestia belly. It would make no seines for her to turn up in another body. Not to mention why did Twilight reaper before the Empire? Give me answer to that one.

One last thing. If Twilight was in Celestias body first, than to the other mother, wouldn't she still be born an alicorn and not a unicorn? Seeing as she started off in an Alicorns body. This also does not prove how Celestia knows this is her daughter.

So like I said, this is a dumb idea and I do not accept this. Come up with a better idea. 

Edited by pinkiefan1287

Let me start of by saying that I completely agree with you guys on saying that this idea is completely dumb and stupid and thats because it was thought up by a dumb and stupid person.The point is i am sorry for wasting your time its just a thought and I, trolling and parasriting my way through here, sought to defend this idea for no other reason. I will go now in search in new supportive evidence that can be supported if there is any at all. Again sorry for wasting your time.

• Brohoof 1

if Twilight had royal blood, she'd be rather like Cadance, a princess right from the start, no? Why would Twilight need to prove herself to be princess material and then Cadance needn't?

That's the first thing that came to my mind when I got here, its like sure it could be possible but if it is, that's kind of fucked up for twilight has to work her ass of just to become a princess.