Do you care about how you look?

Xievie

Do you care about how you look?  

207 users have voted

1. 1. Do you care about how you look?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Other. (post a reply)

I want to look decent. I don't want people looking at me because I look like I have not tacken a shower in days. I don't care what other people think "looking good" means. I just want to take some pride in the way I look.

I think so too. Its normal, i guess, no one likes to  be in the company of people is not caring about their appearance at all. Dont you think that no one would ever show sympathy to those who looks like a homeless ?

I'm not talking about of any obsession with glamor - I just mean decent tidy appearance.

• Brohoof 1

Doesn't matter to me what I wear in the public; as long as its simple and professional. Just got to look representable to people and that is all I really care about in "do you care about how you look."

Yes and no. Yes because I have to get ready for those times when it's going to matter, and no because I want to seem uninteresting to the world. I want to choose who I talk to and not let the world choose for me.

I prioritize comfort over appearance. Doesn't matter to me how dapper I look if I'm miserable at the same time. My preferred public apparel is jeans, shorts, or cargo pants with a cheap, moderately worn T-shirt from Walmart. Flip-flops are my favored footwear.

I'm not a slob though. I do bathe regularly and practice ordinary hygiene. As long as I don't look like a complete imbecile or hobo, I'm content.

• Brohoof 2

In terms of my body, it doesn't bother me if I'm not exactly the perfect picture of health, along with me having the face of a 13 year old even though I'm 21 xD

now in terms of wanting to dress properly and look nice, yes I do care about looking nice when it comes to that in certain situations

• Brohoof 1

You're not a neat freak, you just think like an adult. Which is great.

I always knew that I was a poor adult. :lol:

I'm a boring plain shirt and jeans sort of person. I can get dressed up for special occasions if necessary, but I rather like my dull and uninspired look.

The short answer in general is yes, yes I do care how I look. However when I go to class, often time as long as I'm wearing shorts or some type of pants, typically jeans or khakis, with a polo, collared or even T-Shirt, then its fine. Though with law school I'll probably opt for a more formal polo or collared shirt for a "sense of professionalism." The same goes for hanging out with friends and eating at a fastfood joint. My hair's also typically a mess too.

When I go to church, a fancier restaurant and certain events, (which I may still wear a T-Shirt) I'll typically have the dress shirt and pants, which often includes a polo or collared shirt AND dress shoes, sometimes its sandals weather permitting. Also I do try to shower prior and comb my hair down, though I've rarely used gel, namely because I hate washing it out afterwards.

I do try and avoid jeans for more formal events though. I wear jeans casually because typically I'm lazy and they're comfortable. But on occasions I deem more important I go with dress pants like khakis. I'm conservative like that and I'd hate to look like a damn hipster.

Edited by Cwanky

I voted 'other'. I do take care of my personal appearance (I shower daily, brush my hair/teeth, take care of my skin, wear good clothes) but don't obsess over how I look.

Edited by Rainboom Dash
  • Brohoof 1

I voted other because I do try to hold myself to a "presentable" look, I try not to get all shaggy. I try(been failing lately) to keep my hair short and groomed, as well as always wearing a nice T-shirt and not raggy pants. 

But I didn't say yes because I couldn't give half a hoof as to how I look as long as I don't look like I climbed out of the sewers. No excessively torn clothing, raggy hair, dirty skin. The simples. Everything else though is fair game.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I do, So I Answered Yes.

I don't obsess so much over it, but I do care about how I look, and such, don't go crazy, but I look presentable, and actuallty decent.

I have long hair, but I make sure it's clean, I do make sure my clothes are clean, a lot, but I don't obsess so much.

• Brohoof 1

Eh, I would like to say I don't care how I look, but basically, I do. Mostly because my body/hair/skin needs a lot of maintenance (having vast quantities of both hair and skin), so I do try to at least stay clean. Usually the challenge of staying clean trumps the challenge of actually looking presentable. 

As for fashion - again, I would like to say I know exactly what to wear, but I don't. I love big shapeless sweaters and acid-washed jeans and sometimes leather pants, and I also like those horrible fluffy Ugg boots that people despise. If I actually step out of the house looking presentable and tasteful, it's usually because my mother told me what to wear. *hides in shame*

So I do care about how I look, I just...don't know the right way of going about it. :P More often than not, I don't have the time anyway.

• Brohoof 1

Oh yes, I'm one of those people. ^^;

Although I look very nice even with a couple of tangles in my hair and a few blemishes on my face, I do my best to look as nice as possible. even though I don't really need it. I have no idea why. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

I have suddenly started caring about how I look. 

I've been doing my nails and I plan on changing my dressing style and maybe put on some make-up.

I plan on getting my hair cut on Thursday or Friday, dye it black, and then I might dye some streaks or tips either Red, Ice Blue, Hot Pink, or Purple. I'm still deciding on the color.

I've been exercising as well. I want to look nice.

To an extent. In public I do try to look as nice as possible but when at home I don't really care, while I do all the average things you'd expect, I don't stylize my hair unless I'm going out in public for some kind of special occasion. Although I do regularly stylize my hair and finger nails I mostly do it out of habit rather than an actually need or want to do that.

I do exercise regularly but it has more to do with my overall health (It helps keep my blood glucose levels regulated) than it has to do with how I look or want to look. 

Edited by Jacob Danik

I usually throw on some random shirt or T shirt but if i'm going somewhere important or no-uniform Fridays at school then i fix myslef a bit, use some cologne , and try too look good but not super fancy

I selected other because most of the time I don't really care but for a special occasion it's nice to be wearing your best clothes. I also like wearing cloths to do with something I like, Wolfmother T-shirt, Regular Show jumper and maybe even some Fluttershy merch. But on a regular day to day basis I couldn't care less about what I look like!

I used to not care as much as I do now, normally just throwing stuff on and seeing if it worked. Now I'm kind of taking more interest mainly because I realised how presentable I can look with effort. Also because I've started shaving (yes, I am that young) I realised I can look great by shaving in certain ways.

I'm usually pretty indifferent to my own appearance if i'm by myself or just around family. Otherwise i just stay in pajamas or throw on whatever I see. When in public, as long as i don't look BAD i don't care too much. I like to look atleast decent in public. Its kinda sad, but i'm a girl and i don't put much effort into my appearance =/ I don't wear makeup other than foundation (other than special occasions) or have lots of nice clothes that i like to wear. Its usually just a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, and my converse.

Edited by crazitaco