Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why did you choose your avatar/profile pic?

~Rule 63~ Lyeco

I chose my avatar of Mr. Gold because he is my favorite character of all times <3 <3 <3 

As well there is some truth in the words "I am a difficult man to love". I am indeed a difficult man to love or like, therefore I find the avatar to be fitting :P

• 2 weeks later...

Because I love 1D so I decided to put one of their pictures from their Four Photoshoot since I have it in my folder. AND I LOVE THIS SHOT! LOUIS AND THE BALL, NIALL AND HIS GUITAR, HARRY IN HIS FEDORA, IT IS EXCELLENT!

Because I'm a history nerd and Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck is a very interesting historical figure.

Because I'm a history nerd and Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck is a very interesting historical figure.

I just checked him out, and wow, that looks really interesting.

I'd never heard of him before.  is there a book or resource about him that you find acurate and compelling?

---

I'd just been using "weesh", the titular character of my favorite webcomic, but then some friends made a pony version of it.  from there, my sister commissioned an artist to make a picture of the two of us together so that she could print it on a blanket.  my avi crops her out of it in appreciation for her generosity.  

well mostly...see that blue streak on the right side?  That's her hair.

I just checked him out, and wow, that looks really interesting.

I'd never heard of him before.  is there a book or resource about him that you find accurate and compelling?

There are quite a few good books; Meine Erinnerungen aus Ostafrika, or "My reminiscences of East Africa", which he wrote himself, "Guerilla: Colonel von Lettow-Vorbeck and Germany's East African Empire", and "The Lion of Africa: The Untold Story of General Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck and the Creation of Modern Africa" - unfortunately, it's hard to get copies of books on him as a lot are out of print or cheap scanned copies.

Edited by Guest

There are quite a few good books; Meine Erinnerungen aus Ostafrika, or "My reminiscences of East Africa", which he wrote himself, "Guerilla: Colonel von Lettow-Vorbeck and Germany's East African Empire", and "The Lion of Africa: The Untold Story of General Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck and the Creation of Modern Africa" - unfortunately, it's hard to get copies of books on him as a lot are out of print or cheap scanned copies.

neat!  i added "my reminiscences" to my wish list to remind myself later.

very interesting that these books have great ratings, but extremely few  of them.

seem like a well kept secret!

how did you hear about him?

I made my current avatar because I wanted to use a character from a comic I used to draw called Luckcraft. The character Conscience was a good base because he's literally a horse. All I had to do was make him more Pony-like and you have my avatar. I still wear him to this day. I should probably digitalize him though. People keep commenting that he's a piece of paper.

After donating in order to access the increased avatar size (purely selfish reasons), I digitally drew and animated this avatar based on Angelbabe:

post-26550-0-00479000-1461201279.gif

I wanted the avatar I'm going to have for a good long while to be something representative of my partner; something special.

neat!  i added "my reminiscences" to my wish list to remind myself later.

very interesting that these books have great ratings, but extremely few  of them.

seem like a well kept secret!

how did you hear about him?

Actually, the very first time I heard about him was when I was a kid watching The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, where he appears in an episode. ^_^

My avatar, like my previous one, follows a very simple addition equation.

post-35320-0-68546800-1461443079_thumb.png

(Showing off my pro PowerPoint screenshot skills :P)

Unlike regular addition, this isn't commutative though; switching the addends will result in my previous avatar (Doc Whooves wearing Mr. Evergreen's clothes). :P

And that, my friends, is avatar math.

Edited by PGNatsu

post-37231-0-30781900-1461475159.pngSomehow I'm obsessed with evil alicorns... I decided to draw 'Peril' on a base to see how she'd turn out and I was happy with the result.
  • Brohoof 1