Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Poniverse Newsletter?

King

40 users have voted

1. 1. Would you read a Poniverse Newsletter?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How often would you like to see a Poniverse Newsletter?

• Weekly
    • Fortnightly (Every 2 weeks)
    • Monthly

Alrighty guys, i need some feedback from you all ^_^

If there was to be a staff created newsletter designed to encompass information from all sites within the Poniverse...would you read it?

Details in the spoiler below, please read.

So the idea is for a Newsletter that will inform the members of the Poniverse about recent site news, including things such as Development news,Rule updates,New sections, New staff...and other such things as that.

Along with this, there would be Member created arts features, member created stories and other such member created content.

Distribution would either be through email, or by a PM from the Mailmare.

Edited by Dawn♥Rider
  • Brohoof 14

Distribution would either be through email, or by a PM from the Mailmare.

post-418-0-73376700-1377411374_thumb.png

Well, I do enjoy being a mail pony. I wasn't so good the first time around...very little amounts of people ever read my articles, but, maybe more people would read them this time?...

• Brohoof 21

I'd definitely read a newsletter, if there was one. The problem is how often you'd send it...

It's unnecessary to send one every one or two weeks just for the sake of it when everything you can write in there is just "we're currently still working on..." and not any actual relevant information for the normal member like me. Doesn't mean knowing that you're spending your time on improving poniverse would be uninteresting, but you know, I wouldn't really care about that kind of information, since I know that you're trying your best.

So, maybe not every one or two weeks, but everytime you have accumulated a few news that might be interesting?

• Brohoof 1

I say go for it. The reality is that no matter what may happen not everyone checks out Canterlot Castle for important news updates, even though we're all supposed to! This will also eliminate the possibility of an individual petitioning a warning/report because they weren't aware of new or updated rules. It'll also give members another goody to look forward to when it comes to what MLPforums can provide for them. 

As for when every issue should be sent out? Definitely every month. Weekly and fortnight updates would be loose in content and the reality is that things can quickly change via updates within that time span. By also allowing yourselves a monthly span you can spruce up the articles for spelling errors, quality control but most importantly make it look like an actual newsletter/magazine! I'd love it if you guys could get a dedicated team to making a unique cover for every issue, making a delicious magazine layout and zipping that beast into a PDF for all to view!

But now I'm getting ahead of myself, lets first get the ball rolling shall we? rarityishappyplz.png?1

attachicon.gif derpy-hooves.png

Well, I do enjoy being a mail pony. I wasn't so good the first time around...very little amounts of people ever read my articles, but, maybe more people would read them this time?...

rarityslappedplz.png?1 AM I SEEING WHAT I THINK I'M SEEING?! worstpossiblething.png?1

Edited by Accellerant
  • Brohoof 3

Well, personally I would love to receive a newsletter on any updates on Poniverse. Be it as simple as "two hundred lines of HTML code written this week" or something big like "Feld0 won a bet; Poniverse now boasts three cloud servers." Rules updates sounds fun. But mod-picked member created contents, not so much. Anywhere between once a week to once a month should do.

• Brohoof 1

But mod-picked member created contents, not so much.

Something like that will be up for discussion once I get more member feedback ^_^

I'd love it if you guys could get a dedicated team to making a unique cover for every issue

Not a bad idea at all ^_^ We have plenty of great artists around the forums....

• Brohoof 3

Monthly would probably be best at a minimum, with exceptions for two months or so when we want to keep certain things a secret until a certain point. A month for the baseline, with exceptions based on circumstances that come up, I'd say would be a good policy.

• Brohoof 5

I suppose it will be monthly if anything, though I'd like to get one more often to be updated :P But whatever.

I like this idea! And I totally think you should give the work to Mailmare <3

It was so long ago I saw her :(

You should totally put like featured content from the different sections of poniverse too! Like some music that has gotten good feedback or something :P

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 3

I actually read newsletter less. If its a free offer or a sale. I would read it. If you give free stuff like "free signature size increase" or the one I miss, "free user title change"..etc. I was trying to say is, if you got to give. I am going to get

Poniverse News just look at this amazing shit I made

GkngXrR.png

nah but seriously though (this this was poorly made by me in a few mins hah. I just made it to show what I mean with "fancy looking"), it would be kinda cool if we could make some sort of fancy looking newsletter.

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 5

Poniverse News just look at this amazing shit I made

GkngXrR.png

nah but seriously though (this this was poorly made by me in a few mins hah. I just made it to show what I mean with "fancy looking"), it would be kinda cool if we could make some sort of fancy looking newsletter.

Omg can we let jokuc write articles? Jokuc is best saterical news writer :P.

No but seriously this looks cool. I think id read it, I think if it was monthly would be good seeing as I don't think enough would happen weekly, and I might end up not reading it as often if it was weekly.

However if there is an influx in information maybe it should go bi weekly or something.

Depends on the information amount but right now monthly sounds good.

(I'm still hoping for my jokuc written news section...)

• Brohoof 1

I would definitely read this if you were to do this, so I support this idea. The idea of user contributions interests me quite a bit as well.

While something more frequent would be nice, monthly is probably the most reasonable to run things on a consistent basis. Also having the option to receive it either via E-mail or PM would be a neat addition to the User CP.

Edited by Jacob Danik

I most certainly support your suggestion to start up a Poniverse Newsletter. I'd love to read it. I voted that I would like to see it once a week, but that would only be if there was enough to write about to do it weekly. If not, I'd fine with it being every two weeks, or every month.

However, I do not feel that the newsletter should replace Canterlot Castle announcements. So, perhaps a portion of the newsletter could contain brief descriptions of new Poniverse events or features, and then link to a Canterlot Castle announcement for more information. This would be in addition to other portions, such as what you suggested - showcases of member created content. I also think it would be great if each newsletter also featured some kind of MLP related review, whether it be a review of an episode, a song from the show, or a fan work.

I also feel that there should be a new subsection of Poniverse Staff called Writers, or Newsletter Authors, or some other fitting title. I would recommend hiring four individuals straightaway to work on the newsletter. This way, at least two people could collaborate on the newsletter, and switch out with the other two for the second newsletter to avoid burnout and scheduling issues. The writing team would be lead by an administrator. 

Lastly, I feel that the newsletter should be sent out via private message by Mailmare. This way, if a user is no longer active on this site they will not start receiving regular emails from us. Also, I feel that sending out the newsletter via email detaches it from the community, which could undermine its purpose of being not only a source of information, but another great way for the community to have fun together by publishing content to share with everyone else in the newsletter. Sending it out via private messages would make it more personal and closer to the community.

• Brohoof 5

If we are to do this...

Could there be an option if Maily could PM you or send you an Email? Becuase I never check my email (Better go check itttt)

Anyway, i'm all for this idea if it's monthy. Weekly I wouldn't approve, and fortnightly would be great.

Edited by Shifting Gears
  • Brohoof 2

@@~Chaotic Discord~,

If there's even going to be a newsletter, how do we get the whole thing started? Also, if you don't already have someone in mind for the job, I wouldn't mind making the letter itself ^__^

I've created a Skype group for members working on it, and we're making images and drafts for what an actual, typical newsletter will look like. And, that's great :3 I'll be sure to keep it in mind!

• Brohoof 4

If we are to do this...

Could there be an option if Maily could PM you or send you an Email? Becuase I never check my email (Better go check itttt)

Anyway, i'm all for this idea if it's monthy. Weekly I wouldn't approve, and fortnightly would be great.

It's pretty much been decided that the Mailmare will send everyone a PM with the letter within ^_^

She's back in a job :3

• Brohoof 1