Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your favorite type of gemstone?

Zygen

Hey y'all! Just was wondering as the random idea came to mind for this to be a topic, but whats everyones favorite gemstone?

I would make a poll for this, but there is a lot of different gemstones, some i'm sure i have never heard of before.

So i think i'll refrain from making a poll, as it might take up like.. alot of space :P.

So anyways, my favorite gemstone is probably emerald.

363Copy_zps020e9ad6.jpg

I just like the color, its a really nice shade of green, and green being my favorite color i just love how emerald looks.

Its just shiny and stuff, and I like it :P

So what about y'all? Whats your favorite gemstone? And why?

• Brohoof 6

Quartz. Woo-ooh I'm exciting.

Just kidding. I like opals, aquamarines and amethyst.

Though probably my favorite are garnets. Like rubies but have a much deeper, richer red.

• Brohoof 1

I personally love the Emerald gemstone as well. :)

rsz_emerald1.jpg

It's so beautiful and green is one of the my favorite colors. So yeah! :P

But I also really like rubies, because one, the ruby is my birthstone, and two my true favorite color is red.

Ruby-index.jpg

Tough choice mate. :P

• Brohoof 2

Well when I was at the Natural History Museum at London, there was this huge room with thousands of different rocks and gemstones. I took a bunch of photos, and one of my favorites is this one.

I'm guessing it's an opal but I don't remember. But man this looks fucking awesome.

pBGsGTi.jpg

I mean Opals...

And sapphires are cool too.

Sapphire.jpg

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 2

Aquamarine

Aquamarine%20birthstones%203.jpg

I love the color of it. When I see this color I think of tropical seas and a calm and peaceful beach. (The description was just because I needed 100 characters. :P) It just looks totally awesome.

• Brohoof 1

I guess my favorite would be Opals. I love all the colors in them, and they're so pretty.

content_1294202370.jpg

Sapphires are another favorite of mine. My favorite color is blue, and that's the main reason I like sapphires. But apart from that; I also like the name of sapphires.

image019.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Opals

And sapphires

Opals

sapphires

Wait are you like my 2nd forgotten brother or something?

Haha, anyways, I just remember that there is another one I like very much, though I don't remember the name of it. It's like black with red stripes inside it.

• Brohoof 2

Either sky blue topaz or ruby, both look awesome. I just like both colours.

I like both, I can't really choose between them but since blue is my favorite colour I'm going for the sky blue topaz.

Those both pretty actually, i especially like that picture of the ruby, it has this dark mystic color mixed in, looks cool.

I love so many gemstones frankly, they're all so pretty and shiny, and have really pretty colors. So i don't blame you for being unable to choose.

Quartz. Woo-ooh I'm exciting.

Just kidding. I like opals, aquamarines and amethyst.

Though probably my favorite are garnets. Like rubies but have a much deeper, richer red.

Quartz is a bit bland I suppose haha.

All those are really cool looking.

I personally prefer rubies to garnet, but I can see why you like them, both are pretty. :).

I personally love the Emerald gemstone as well. :)

rsz_emerald1.jpg

It's so beautiful and green is one of the my favorite colors. So yeah! :P

But I also really like rubies, because one, the ruby is my birthstone, and two my true favorite color is red.

Tough choice mate. :P

Yay :D, agreement!

That ruby looks really nice and pretty its got a nice shine, and its a very pretty red especially on a gemstone.

I wish something like Emerald was my birthstone

Although I guess I have a pretty cool birthstone. My gemstone is a Diamond.

diamonds.jpg

Diamonds are pretty cool, of course also pretty expensive, I like how they come in different colors.

I forget if its a specific color of diamond or not. 

I wonder if they have green diamonds...

Aquamarine

img-1782899-1-Aquamarine%20birthstones%2

I love the color of it. When I see this color I think of tropical seas and a calm and peaceful beach. (The description was just because I needed 100 characters. :P) It just looks totally awesome.

Aquamarine certainly holds true to its name, it looks like gazing into a prismatic sea.

Very beautiful.

I guess my favorite would be Opals. I love all the colors in them, and they're so pretty.

Sapphires are another favorite of mine. My favorite color is blue, and that's the main reason I like sapphires. But apart from that; I also like the name of sapphires.

Thats one shiny opal, has alot of different colors showing to, and opal is a nice color to.

Sapphires look really cool with that really deep blue which looks awesome with shiny gemstones :).

Rubies and Sapphires are my favorite type of gemstones. One does not simply have one favorite type of gemstone, you need two. :P

Ruby and sapphire are certainly really pretty haha.

I'm not sure which two would be my favorite gemstones, to many beautiful ones to pick...

Well when I was at the Natural History Museum at London, there was this huge room with thousands of different rocks and gemstones. I took a bunch of photos, and one of my favorites is this one.

I'm guessing it's an opal but I don't remember. But man this looks fucking awesome.

img-1782896-1-pBGsGTi.jpg

I mean Opals...

And sapphires are cool too.

img-1782896-4-Sapphire.jpg

Wow, thats a really really pretty gemstone rock! And some pretty opals.

I like the purple opal the best, of course the kinda partly transparent ones look cool to... Its like they have energy inside them.

And again sapphires are really a nice shade of blue, and very pretty and shiny!

Don't mind if I like fossils more?

Everyone seems to forget about the moonstones:

tumblr_m31xzlc47V1qiun8to1_500.jpg

I think I have one somewhere, I'll need to search...

Nothing wrong with liking fossils more :P.

Is it bad that thinking of the moonstone immediately puts me to pokemon? xD.

But it looks really pretty :D.

• Brohoof 2

I don't know which I like the best.  I'd probably have to say Turquoise.

(For some reason I cannot post the picture I wanted so I can't show it)

I don't know, I like this color on stones, and that color's name is pretty cool too.

Though, I also love Sapphires, Rubies and Emerald (Pokemon fan...).  They're all pretty though :)

• Brohoof 1

I don't know which I like the best.  I'd probably have to say Turquoise.

(For some reason I cannot post the picture I wanted so I can't show it)

I don't know, I like this color on stones, and that color's name is pretty cool too.

Though, I also love Sapphires, Rubies and Emerald (Pokemon fan...).  They're all pretty though :)

Hm, i dunno why you can't post the picture, must be an invalid site type or something idk.

I know what it looks like myself atleast, i can't find any good pictures of just it by itself though to post :/.

Yeah its a pretty stone, Although i'm typically a fan of the more translucent gemstones, but they're all really pretty :D.

Haha, its ok i'm a pokemon fan to, i always think of the games when i think of the gemstones..

But yeah I think all gemstones look really cool, they all have some really cool colors they don't appear alot of places in nature.

• Brohoof 1

My personal favorite has to be turqoise, mostly because it's my birthstone.

img812.jpg

But I also personally like ruby and sapphire, very extravagant gems.   

Hey look a turquoise picture!

(Omg i suck so bad at remembering how to spell turquoise.. Thank you spellcheck.. i think.)

And yeah its a cool gemstone, has alot of pretty colors and textures mixed in :D.

Ruby and sapphires are very pretty gemstones, and pretty well known to. Rightfully so though i guess.

• Brohoof 2

I can't decide! They're all so... shiny!

But if I had to decide, it'd be my birthstone: Topaz!

I really like blue gems. Pj2OZhx.png

topaz-gem-large_info.jpg

Beryl is a very close second, though!

beryl-gem_large.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I can't decide! They're all so... shiny!

But if I had to decide, it'd be my birthstone: Topaz!

I really like blue gems. Pj2OZhx.png

topaz-gem-large_info.jpg

Beryl is a very close second, though!

beryl-gem_large.jpg

Topaz is a pretty shade of blue to :D.

Blue gemstones do like quite good normally, i dunno why, something about them on gemstones just makes them all look pretty <3.

Beryl is one i can't say i've seen before, but its really pretty :D. Its like a golden diamond  or something almost :P.

• Brohoof 1

Rarity would kill to be able to see this thread, and all of the pictures inside it. Then again, she probably already has a lot of the gemstones already mentioned.

Haha, you know Rarity and her loves for gemstones played a part in me starting this thread.

And it stuck in my head long enough for me to actually remember to post it, unlike alot of thread ideas :P.

But yeah xD.

Especially diamonds.

"MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Brohoof 1

I love sapphires and amethysts. They are so beautiful! I also love diamonds, especially the naturally colored ones. They are so amazing!

Sapphires are very nice, very popular and beautiful gemstone, definately a nice shade of blue, especially on gemstones!

And amethysts are pretty to! They're kinda faded if i remember correctly, but have a nice color :).

Diamonds are pretty to, :D. Of course they're my birthstone so i may be biased... :P.

And by natural color do you mean clear?

I like Blue diamonds the most i think personally, dunno why i just do.

There are alot of pretty variations of diamonds though :D.

Sapphires are very nice, very popular and beautiful gemstone, definately a nice shade of blue, especially on gemstones!

And amethysts are pretty to! They're kinda faded if i remember correctly, but have a nice color :).

Diamonds are pretty to, :D. Of course they're my birthstone so i may be biased... :P.

And by natural color do you mean clear?

I like Blue diamonds the most i think personally, dunno why i just do.

There are alot of pretty variations of diamonds though :D.

Actually, I love blue diamonds the most too! I think blue is a natural color for a diamond, right? Anyway, yeah, I do love me some diamonds! Even though I can't possibly afford them. :P

• Brohoof 1

Diamonds.. Because they are worth the most!

ok, ok.

I like Smokey Quartz, i am not a fan of vibrant colours in general so i like this because it is a very subtle gemstone.

Qahumado-sui-16-2-lg.jpg

Also... they make skulls out of them:

Clear-Smokey-Quartz-Crystal-Skull-10.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Actually, I love blue diamonds the most too! I think blue is a natural color for a diamond, right? Anyway, yeah, I do love me some diamonds! Even though I can't possibly afford them. :P

I'm not totally sure, i was kinda asking you xD. I'm not really an expert on gemstones, i just felt like starting a thread about them because they're pretty :D.

Haha, yeah, me neither xD.

Diamonds.. Because they are worth the most!

ok, ok.

I like Smokey Quartz, i am not a fan of vibrant colours in general so i like this because it is a very subtle gemstone.

img-1783617-1-Qahumado-sui-16-2-lg.jpg

Also... they make skulls out of them:

img-1783617-2-Clear-Smokey-Quartz-Crysta

That looks pretty :D. Its kinda a crystal color.

The skull reminds me of the Crystal skull from Indiana Jones or something :P.

That looks pretty :D. Its kinda a crystal color.

The skull reminds me of the Crystal skull from Indiana Jones or something :P.

Yeah, its what the Crystal Skull in Indiana Jones is made from i believe, its sort of transparent until there is a lot of it then it gets darker, as you can see in that skull picture i posted, the jaw is transparent because it is thin but the rest of the skull is smokey because it is thicker. 

The main difference between that skull and the one in Indiana Jones is that the skull i posted didn't ruin a great movie franchise.  :umad:

• Brohoof 1