Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ASocialyAwkwardPony

@EquestrianScholar, while it is kind of you to be nice about it, could you please not post links to sites that are against LGBT people pretty please? Also what is right and what is wrong differs from person to person

Understandable, I mainly posted links of people get a better idea of my position. A starting point so others can understand where I'm coming from a bit.

I've actually considered going to a pride parade, in support of my friends. Yet my homosexual friend feel that wouldn't be a good idea, that I wouldn't really enjoy it and because of my situation on the whole thing.

I think he was just posting it to show that he didn't make up any of his information. While it is against LGBT in some forms, you can't just ignore the fact that it exists.

I'd like to ask you, EquestrianScholar, about the incorrect gender. What about if you believe that your gender is correct but you just don't feel comfortable in that gender? I see that there are no specific answers or references to anything on that link and it appears quite vague and open to interpretation.

Honestly I'm not quite sure how to answer that, especially since I've always been certain of my own gender identity.

My suggestion, admittingly a religious one that won't work for everyone particularly if they don't believe in God, is to pray about it.

This is a very complicated and personal issue for many, made even more confusing at times for many because of an Enemy that that wants us to fail in reaching our full potential.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

I find people's sexuality irrelevant, in fact, I find most genetic aspects completely irrelevant. It doesn't matter to me whether if you're gay, black, jew, latino, woman or man. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. If you're an idiot on the other hand, expect the same treatment from me.

Edited by RiseofSpectrum

I'm a FTM trans person.  I'm actually in the transition process right now and I would love people to be a little more supportive in my life. Sometimes I feel like my family couldn't care less.  Anyway, I saw the thread you made recently in which you thought people weren't nice enough to LGBT people in the forum.  I really like this idea of creating an awareness thread to combat this :)

I have a friend who's lesbian also, but I don't get along too well with her now.  It's not because of her orientation, it's because she was way too controlling.  

One of my best friends IRL is a FTM. He's amazing, and I find it funny because, unlike pretty much any other man I've known in my life, he knows how to treat me right.

Lol... That probably makes it sound like he's my boyfriend. NOT the case, I'm lesbian and he's taken. lol

Sorry, that you aren't getting enough support. My friend has a frustrating family. He couldn't even start dressing how he wanted until he moved out.

• Brohoof 2

One of my best friends IRL is a FTM. He's amazing, and I find it funny because, unlike pretty much any other man I've known in my life, he knows how to treat me right.

Lol... That probably makes it sound like he's my boyfriend. NOT the case, I'm lesbian and he's taken. lol

Sorry, that you aren't getting enough support. My friend has a frustrating family. He couldn't even start dressing how he wanted until he moved out.

Oh, mine is not as bad :)  I started dressing how I wanted in third grade I think, then my mom allowed me to have short hair in fourth grade.  That's all before I knew that I was transgender.  She also didn't correct people who thought I was male.  Now though, she's a lot more careful and she uses male pronouns.  It's more her boyfriend who's not supportive enough.  He still uses female pronouns even after I correct him, and he knows since November so it's not because he didn't get enough time to adapt :\

• Brohoof 1

I don't know if my sexuality counts, actually I think it does because it can go either way.

I'm sapiosexual so really I am attracted to anything that's intellectual. So I could go with male, female, or even the odd computer. I usually get a lot of shit from kids in highschool because

1) They don't know what Sapiosexual is or

2) It's really different, and there is absolutely no one else who is sapiosexual at my school.

I'm kind of a loner with my sexuality but I don't mind. And I really love this community, I go to the rallys and protests all the time.

Edited by rascal61
  • Brohoof 2

My transgender friend is a really good person, though I do worry about her because of her physical and mental health.

At one point she was actually in really good shape as could be seen in her military picture.

Yet after coming to see herself as a woman in a man's body and revealing to such to her family... it would seem things fell apart for her. Her family did not react well at all really, because this she has gained depression and a whole lot of weight.

She wants to go through the process of gender change but because of all weight she has currently gained all she has gone through is the hormonial part of her treatment.

Honestly because of how others have treated her she was surprised at how I took it so well and didn't attack her for it.

Which when it comes to such actions I think this is stupid cause we're all family here, in a spiritual sense anyway and you shouldn't treat family so horribly.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

Being a Bi male myself, I can appreciate the LGBT community. I've been supportive of the LGBT since I was young. My mom has a gay cousin, so It's only natural that she raised me with the idea that LGBT is okay. I think people make way too big of a deal about Sexuality. If someone is Gay they shouldn't be ostracized but at the same time they shouldn't be given extra privileges. Alas, if only the world were as innocent as children.  

• Brohoof 2

I'm not LGBT, since I'm Pansexual (Perhaps P should be included in the spectrum haha :P ) but I completely support people of any sexuality. I have no negative opinion about someones sexuality and instead encourage tolerance and acceptance among all of them.

• Brohoof 3

I'm not LGBT or anything similar. I am very very straight, most of the time I see LGBT acts IRL I usually cringe.

But I wear gay-supporting shirts and I am very vocal in my belief that love is love even if I don't have any understanding of why they would want to be LGBT.  

I'm not LGBT, since I'm Pansexual (Perhaps P should be included in the spectrum haha :P ) but I completely support people of any sexuality. I have no negative opinion about someones sexuality and instead encourage tolerance and acceptance among all of them.

Personally I consider Pansexuality to fall under LGBT even if not represented by a letter, considering it's kind of similar to Bisexuality and I know of a good deal of Pansexuals who just prefer to say they are Bi for the sake of convenience, so I hope you don't feel left out of this thread or the LGBT community.

• Brohoof 1

Personally I consider Pansexuality to fall under LGBT even if not represented by a letter, considering it's kind of similar to Bisexuality and I know of a good deal of Pansexuals who just prefer to say they are Bi for the sake of convenience, so I hope you don't feel left out of this thread or the LGBT community.

Oh no, I never felt left out. I'm sure many Pansexuals engage in LGBT support and find themselves comfortable within the movement. I won't say I'm Bisexual for the sake of convenience though because I have my reasons and the difference between the two attractions. I know there was no intention to exclude other sexualities since the popular opinion is respect for all sexualities. :)

• Brohoof 1

Great to find this thread and support on the forums, and by extention, the fandom. But I never really imagined less from MLP fandom. We ARE about love and tolerance afterall <3 lol Not to mention our generation in general is moving farther from older bigoted ways of previous decades.

And to answer any curiosity, gay male here. Or, stallion that fancies other stallions x3

Edited by Iudicium86
  • Brohoof 4

I, personally, am a bisexual female! I love talking with LGBT supporters/groups, as I love to learn about people! 

I also figure this would be the appropriate to ask this! I'm so sorry if this comes off rude or stupid to anyone, but what is the difference between pansexual and bisexual? As far as I know, pansexual is someone who is open to love anyone, regardless of, well, anything, I believe. (I am so sorry if I am wrong, or offending anyone). So, please help me out? :3

I also figure this would be the appropriate to ask this! I'm so sorry if this comes off rude or stupid to anyone, but what is the difference between pansexual and bisexual? As far as I know, pansexual is someone who is open to love anyone, regardless of, well, anything, I believe. (I am so sorry if I am wrong, or offending anyone). So, please help me out? :3

You're right in a way, pansexuality is sexual attraction, sexual desire, romantic love, or emotional attraction toward people of all gender identities and biological sexes. Basically, they feel attracted to people regardless of their gender. While bisexuality, is when you feel attracted to both genders. What I have noticed, is that some misinterpret pansexuality and bisexuality. Pansexuality is often referred to being gender blind. Some people misinterpret it, since it does include that they also feel attracted to those who may not identify as their biological gender. Like trans people, yet what I have noticed is that some people say their pan because they feel attracted to trans people too.. That isn't really the case I think, it's more the person, their personality like I said gender blind. While a bisexual and heterosexual people can feel attracted to trans people too since they are within the gender binary. Basically what I'm saying, think twice before identifying as a pansexual, I don't like it when people think they have to be pan to be able to feel attracted to trans people. If anything it is actually a little offensive towards trans people.

Anyway, just take your time to think if you feel attracted to one gender because of their gender then you're most likely either straight or bi if you feel attracted to that person without thinking about the gender or well at least if it doesn't matter too much I think you're pansexual.. I got to be honest I don't know a lot about this. Sort of self educated on this from self discovery.

I know you didn't ask for all of this, but it might be useful information for some I guess.

Some links: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansexuality ; http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansexuality ; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisexuality ; also to better understand yourself then there is always the kinsey scale: http://www.kinseyinstitute.org/research/ak-hhscale.html

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 5

To me a person regardless of their sexual orientation so whether or not someone is straight, gay, bi, pan, asexual or whatever else makes no difference to me. 

• Brohoof 1

I swing both ways, but I don't identify myself with any of the labels because I find them to be arbitrary, and none of them describe my feels.

I don't identify myself with gender because I don't get it.

I also don't really like the fact that LGBT peeps are referred to as a "Community", but it makes people feel special, then whatevs.  

#Cabbageyoloswaggerlawlz

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not straight or anything but I was just wondering if there is actually a heterosexual appreciation thread... I mean, why do we get to be appreciate our sexuality and heterosexuals don't :/

ANYHOW, some of the posts in here have been really inspiring and have really helped me think about who I am.

I'm not straight or anything but I was just wondering if there is actually a heterosexual appreciation thread... I mean, why do we get to be appreciate our sexuality and heterosexuals don't :/

ANYHOW, some of the posts in here have been really inspiring and have really helped me think about who I am.

Because most people are heterosexual and there is a surprising amount of homophobia and transphobia in this community of people watching candy colored horses make dresses and attend galas. This is basically a thread to try and combat the homophobia with positivity and a place for LGBTQ, pan, asexual, no gender or whatever else you identify as to feel safe and welcome.

I am not saying heterosexuals can't appreciate their sexuality, this thread is made to try and create equality after all, but I am saying us who aren't heterosexual and/or born with the right gender are in a minority that is not always treated with equal respect to that of "normal people".

• Brohoof 5

Why isn't there just a "sexuality" thread?

I guess it's for the same reason that people who aren't heterosexual and cisgendered like to involve themselves in the LGBT "community", it makes them feel special.

But I'm a cynic, so you know.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, good point. I think the heterosexual appreciation thread would be kind of boring. Heterosexuality is already almost universally appreciated. Still, I appreciate all the straight people here, as well as all of the LGBT people here. I appreciate you all. Do you feel it? Do you feel appreciated? I do.

• Brohoof 2

Why isn't there just a "sexuality" thread?

I guess it's for the same reason that people who aren't heterosexual and cisgendered like to involve themselves in the LGBT "community", it makes them feel special.

But I'm a cynic, so you know.

This is not about "feeling special", this is about combating homophobia and intolerance with love and tolerance, you know, what this whole fandom is supposed to be built up on.

• Brohoof 3

This is not about "feeling special", this is about combating homophobia and intolerance with love and tolerance, you know, what this whole fandom is supposed to be built up on.

To be honest, having an LGBT appreciation thread won’t make homophobic and transphobic people understand that queer folk aren't actually trying to brainwash humanity and destroy civilisation.

If anything, it’ll probably piss ‘em off even more.

I’m not “against” this thread, I’m just being realistic.

• Brohoof 1