Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ASocialyAwkwardPony

Why isn't there just a "sexuality" thread?

I guess it's for the same reason that people who aren't heterosexual and cisgendered like to involve themselves in the LGBT "community", it makes them feel special.

But I'm a cynic, so you know.

No, it's because when you're a heterosexual, you don't face any needs for support that would ever be based upon being heterosexual itself. Support topics for heterosexuals would end up being about very general concepts that would apply all across the board, like getting help in trying to find a date, tell when somebody is flirting with you, etc.

There is no need for a topic that is centered around actual heterosexual support, because that doesn't even make sense. It's just making a mockery of what LGBT people actually have to deal with. Being told that we aren't natural, that we're going to burn in an awfully inhumane concept of an afterlife called Hell, and then much larger threats like getting kicked out of our houses/thrown out of our families, getting threatened to be fired from our jobs/never getting hired, or even worse, being harmed physically.

Heterosexuals may face issues, but they have nothing to do with the direction their sexuality points and the way people treat them for that. So to be honest, I don't want even want to begin to hear about it. There is a clear reason that LGBT support topics/groups exists. The only reason I can see for a heterosexual "support" topic is a clear misunderstanding of what LGBT support topics are all about, and really it's just a slap to our face.

EDIT: Sorry, I realize that you weren't talking about a heterosexual support topic yourself. But notice that there is a reason for specifically LGBT support topics.

EDIT 2: In fact, sorry, I probably quoted the wrong person altogether. xD

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 6

I'm a pansexual myself though if we ever might meet intelligent, sapient extraterrestrials, I could love them as well, but that depends on many factors.

I'm thinking about coming out this year whenever the time feels right, but it really depends if I'd ever feel comfortable telling others. I'll tell the truth if anyone ever asks, but besides that? Aww hell naw. 

Sure my town says they accept other sexualities, but that's only to keep being "socially acceptable". In reality? If you come out, you're going to get hated by a LOT of people. Say bye-bye to your social life. Not that I had one to begin with.

Though I have preferences I don't consider any type of gender or gender binary to be a complete turn-off. All people are attractive in their own regards. Besides one person, which I have lost contact with, all people I know are straight or at least that's what they say. I wish I knew people to talk about topics such as these, would be a big relief. 

Unlike many people (or at least, the ones I've read about or actually knew) I considered myself straight until the summer of 2012, so it's only been about a year now. Although I feel like I've always known that I was pansexual deep inside, I rejected it consciously for a long time. It felt like a huge relief when I figured out who I was. At least I've got one part of myself  straightened out.

• Brohoof 1

No, it's because when you're a heterosexual, you don't face any needs for support that would ever be based upon being heterosexual itself. Support topics for heterosexuals would end up being about very general concepts that would apply all across the board, like getting help in trying to find a date, tell when somebody is flirting with you, etc.

There is no need for a topic that is centered around actual heterosexual support, because that doesn't even make sense. It's just making a mockery of what LGBT people actually have to deal with. Being told that we aren't natural, that we're going to burn in an awfully inhumane concept of an afterlife called Hell, and then much larger threats like getting kicked out of our houses/thrown out of our families, getting threatened to be fired from our jobs/never getting hired, or even worse, being harmed physically.

Heterosexuals may face issues, but they have nothing to do with the direction their sexuality points and the way people treat them for that. So to be honest, I don't want even want to begin to hear about it. There is a clear reason that LGBT support topics/groups exists. The only reason I can see for a heterosexual "support" topic is a clear misunderstanding of what LGBT support topics are all about, and really it's just a slap to our face.

EDIT: Sorry, I realize that you weren't talking about a heterosexual support topic yourself. But notice that there is a reason for specifically LGBT support topics.

EDIT 2: In fact, sorry, I probably quoted the wrong person altogether. xD

I think you were supposed to quote me and to this I say;

The title of this thread is LGBT APPRECIATION. Not support, not help for the LGBT, not LGBT advice. It's appreciation. I don't think that this thread should NOT exist, I think it's a great place to be open. But I think we should APPRECIATE all sexualities, not just the ones that are different from heterosexuality.

EDIT: I CONFUSED MYSELF USING A DOUBLE NEGATIVE, LET ME CLARIFY, I THINK THIS THREAD IS GREAT TO BE OPEN IN AND IT SHOULD DEFINITELY EXIST BUT I THINK THAT WE SHOULD APPRECIATE HETEROSEXUALITY AS WELL.

Edited by Kaz
  • Brohoof 2

I understand what you're saying, but LGBT support isn't what I was talking about. I've come across many LGBT support threads in the past and they can be very effective. I was referring to Kaz's question, which was asking about LGBT "appreciation". If you're gonna appreciate sexuality, then appreciate every end of the funky spectrum.

In the post before yours, I responded to Nightmare's post saying that this thread was about combating homophobia. And that's great, but the only way you can really "combat homophobia" is by discussing it, which means you have to open your mind to opposing opinions. I don't see how this can be done if only a few posts previously, Nightmare requested that Equesrian Scholar's link be removed.

So if this isn't about openly discussing LGBT issues, and therefor, not effectively combating it, and the title of the thread is called "LGBT Appreciation", which separates "us" from from heterosexual and cisgendered folk, then I can't be blamed for assuming that this is at least partly about making people feel special. 

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 2

DIS THREAD...WHY HAVE I NOT BEEN HERE?

...Hai~

I'm physically male but I'm at a point in my life where I...don't want to be male...at all >.>

Buuuut I've decided to wait on transitioning or anything because both my mum and my sister went through the same thing at my age at they just grew out of it...not to say that everyone grows out of it. They assure me that if I do want to transition they will support me.

Right now I am simply identifying as They or them.

Now onto who I'm attracted toooooo...if we're going by my physical gender, I'd be gay...buuuut if we're going to get super specific, I'd be Bi but I'm Homoromantic which means that I pursue a romantic relationship with one of the same physical gender.

• Brohoof 2

Because most people are heterosexual and there is a surprising amount of homophobia and transphobia in this community of people watching candy colored horses make dresses and attend galas.

Really? I am not disputing that there may be some bronies who are homophobic but I have seen very little of it compared to most fandoms. Maybe that has to do with this forum representing most of my experience with other bronies and it is practically nonexistent on here. There have been members here who have said they don't agree with homosexuality but don't hate them which is something I can respect.

• Brohoof 1

I understand what you're saying, but LGBT support isn't what I was talking about. I've come across many LGBT support threads in the past and they can be very effective. I was referring to Kaz's question, which was asking about LGBT "appreciation". If you're gonna appreciate sexuality, then appreciate every end of the funky spectrum.

In the post before yours, I responded to Nightmare's post saying that this thread was about combating homophobia. And that's great, but the only way you can really "combat homophobia" is by discussing it, which means you have to open your mind to opposing opinions. I don't see how this can be done if only a few posts previously, Nightmare requested that Equesrian Scholar's link be removed.

So if this isn't about openly discussing LGBT issues, and therefor, not effectively combating it, and the title of the thread is called "LGBT Appreciation", which separates "us" from from heterosexual and cisgendered folk, then I can't be blamed for assuming that this is at least partly about making people feel special. 

Say what you will, but I'm certain from the content of the TC's original post and the rest of the topic that the word "Appreciation" was just a poor choice of words and nothing more. This is a support topic.

I would agree that appreciating ourselves to make us feel special would be a bit off... I just don't believe that's what this topic was really aiming for.

• Brohoof 2

I named it "appreciation thread" for the sake of convenience and to make it clear this would be about positivity and support. No need to go overboard with conspiracy theories.

Really? I am not disputing that there may be some bronies who are homophobic but I have seen very little of it compared to most fandoms. Maybe that has to do with this forum representing most of my experience with other bronies and it is practically nonexistent on here. There have been members here who have said they don't agree with homosexuality but don't hate them which is something I can respect.

Actually I have seen a lot of homophobia on this forum, more than I have ever seen on any other forum I have ever been to.

Edited by Nightmare Lyre
  • Brohoof 2

I don't see as much homophobia on this forum as I do of either Intolerance or ignorance.  I'm not going to doubt that there are some homophobic bronies on here but, for the most part, they have enough sense not to post those opinions on here in respect of those that are LGBT.  Also, there is already a "Sexuality" thread but I don't think anyone has bumped it in a while...

• Brohoof 1

I am attracted to both men and woman, my preferences tend to change. I don't really identify myself with 'bisexual' though and am not too sure what else to consider myself as. Though after my ex turned gay, I began to wonder about sexuality - like how we reject eachother based on gender but hate those who discriminate against us. *shrug* The subject itself tends to make my head hurt but I don't hate anybody for their sexuality. Even though being rejected for being female feels discriminate on it's own.

Three stages of acceptance/truth:

1) Ridicule: "Ew, you're gay? Dude, go kiss some girls or something!"

2) Violent opposition: "I'm gonna knock that gay guy's front teeth out."

3) Self-evidence: "lol k bro"

One of the foundations for appreciating anything that was at one point deemed poor in human history. The LGBT community is no exception, but it's still heartwarming to hear stories of acceptance and even appreciation. Pierce the heavens with your fabulous fighting spirit, folks!

hEi0nw1.jpg

Edited by Fate
  • Brohoof 1

First off it's awesome seeing you here Nikki x3

and as for me, well, really I've been through it all pretty much. I've been through the nightmare scenarios of being bullied and discriminated by family and peers all the way up to the peak of marching and becoming a part of the NYC Pride Parade. I could go on forever about what I have dealt with so yeah.

If anyone needs to talk or is interested to chat just message me. :3c

To be honest, having an LGBT appreciation thread won’t make homophobic and transphobic people understand that queer folk aren't actually trying to brainwash humanity and destroy civilisation.

Wait, isn't "Brainwash humanity and destroy civilization" Item #3 on The Gay Agendatm?  Sorry, I seem to have misplaced my copy. [/snark]

If anything, it’ll probably piss ‘em off even more.

You say that as if it would be a bad thing.  I like to use bigot tears for alchemical experiments.

---

I'm a heterosexual male, just stopping by to express support and compassion for the LGBTQI (and any other letters I don't know about) community.  You go guys/gals/whatever other term might fit!  /)*

Not being LGBTQ myself, I can't really speak to this from an inside perspective.  My perception though, is that a thread like this isn't to make LGBTQ people feel "special," but to help raise them up to feeling "normal" and "accepted" (especially those who are victims of bigotry in their lives, have to stay in the closet because of parents, etc.).  We heterosexuals swim in a sea of privilege.  Our sexuality is the default.  Watch a movie.  What's the romantic subplot?  The hero gets the girl, or the heroine gets the guy.  You and your partner want to hold hands as you walk down the street?  No one looks at you funny, or hatefully.  Wanna kiss?  Nobody squicks.  You want to adopt or have a child?  Isn't that nice!  Want to get married?  Lovely!  If you're an American, you don't have a whole political party out to insure that you're officially an outcast, by law.  You don't have your nation's loudest and most well-organized religious movements as enemies.  You don't have people using your sexuality as a synonym for stupid and unworthy ("That's so gay!").  You don't have to worry about having people want to beat you up or worse because of the type of person you're attracted to.  You never have to deal with being the only person of your sexual orientation that you know of.  

I suspect that LGBTQ posters here could go on.

In short: they have to deal with all kinds of shit that we are blissfully unaware of, and have to struggle to get a lot of the things we heterosexuals can take for granted.  So, no.  A thread like this isn't to make them feel "special," like a first-grader who just got a gold star.  It's to create a zone where LGBTQ people can have an approximation of the level of unquestioned acceptance we get every minute of every day, without anyone even having to flex their "Love and Tolerate" muscles because no one has to try to "tolerate" us.

And no, they shouldn't always have to make a case for their right to exist against anyone who wants to stop by and trot out religious dogmas derived from Iron Age barbarians who thought the world was flat, or 19th Century Bible fanfic writers.  You and I can debate Equestrian Scholar's position as an intellectual issue because it isn't our sexual emotions and needs that are under attack from stuff like this all. the. fucking. time.  We should not expect LGBTQ people to feel (or perhaps more accurately, not feel) the same way. 

• Brohoof 4

No need to go overboard with conspiracy theories.

RsI1d.png

Not being LGBTQ myself, I can't really speak to this from an inside perspective. My perception though, is that a thread like this isn't to make LGBTQ people feel "special," but to help raise them up to feeling "normal" and "accepted" (especially those who are victims of bigotry in their lives, have to stay in the closet because of parents, etc.). We heterosexuals swim in a sea of privilege. Our sexuality is the default. Watch a movie. What's the romantic subplot? The hero gets the girl, or the heroine gets the guy. You and your partner want to hold hands as you walk down the street? No one looks at you funny, or hatefully. Wanna kiss? Nobody squicks. You want to adopt or have a child? Isn't that nice! Want to get married? Lovely! If you're an American, you don't have a whole political party out to insure that you're officially an outcast, by law. You don't have your nation's loudest and most well-organized religious movements as enemies. You don't have people using your sexuality as a synonym for stupid and unworthy ("That's so gay!"). You don't have to worry about having people want to beat you up or worse because of the type of person you're attracted to. You never have to deal with being the only person of your sexual orientation that you know of.

I suspect that LGBTQ posters here could go on.

In short: they have to deal with all kinds of shit that we are blissfully unaware of, and have to struggle to get a lot of the things we heterosexuals can take for granted. So, no. A thread like this isn't to make them feel "special," like a first-grader who just got a gold star. It's to create a zone where LGBTQ people can have an approximation of the level of unquestioned acceptance we get every minute of every day, without anyone even having to flex their "Love and Tolerate" muscles because no one has to try to "tolerate" us.

And no, they shouldn't always have to make a case for their right to exist against anyone who wants to stop by and trot out religious dogmas derived from Iron Age barbarians who thought the world was flat, or 19th Century Bible fanfic writers. You and I can debate Equestrian Scholar's position as an intellectual issue because it isn't our sexual emotions and needs that are under attack from stuff like this all. the. fucking. time. We should not expect LGBTQ people to feel (or perhaps more accurately, not feel) the same way.

Why is it whenever I express something not-positive towards anything mildly related to LGBT warrioring people feel the need to remind me how we're not equal or treated fairly and such. Believe it or not, but I do actually know and understand these things. And yes, I get it. When it comes to fighting for fairness, and fighting for laws to treat us in the same way as it treats heterosexual and cigender people, I support that completely. And when I see homophobia or transphobia, I get just as mad as the next person. 

But I dislike it when queer folk shout about how we're no different to anyone else, how we should be treated the same, how we're all part of one happy family and how we shouldn't be separated from others, yet separate themselves into their own pseudo-communities. When they say that beIng queer is no big deal, but make it a big deal. When they go out of their way to somewhat re-define what being gay is and create their own stereotype that I've had to deal with. It's completely counter intuitive and hypocritical.

I dislike it. I dislike it because a good chunk of the hate I see is molded out of these things. Not out being attracted to the same sex, not out of the desire to be the opposite gender, but out of the LGBT "community" and the stereotypes this concept creates and ties into being queer (particularity with homosexuality). 

As far as my comments about about this thread goes, that particular point has already been discusses, and I'd simply be repeating myself.

Edited by Hansel

But I dislike it when queer folk shout about how we're no different to anyone else, how we should be treated the same, how we're all part of one happy family and how we shouldn't be separated from others, yet separate themselves into their own pseudo-communities. When they say that beIng queer is no big deal, but make it a big deal. When they go out of their way to somewhat re-define what being gay is and create their own stereotype that I've had to deal with. It's completely counter intuitive and hypocritical.

I dislike it. I dislike it because a good chunk of the hate I see is molded out of these things. Not out being attracted to the same sex, not out of the desire to be the opposite gender, but out of the LGBT "community" and the stereotypes this concept creates and ties into being queer (particularity with homosexuality).

I don't know what you're really talking about here with "separate communities". Are you talking about topics like this and support groups? I think it's unfair to criticize anybody for that, because LGBT people can't seek as good of advice from people who haven't been through the same thing we have. Sadly the most common response to me that I've gotten from people who are not apart of the LGBT community is "it's just a phase" and the like. There's no support in that. We are normal people, but there's nothing wrong with forming communities with people like us, so we can receive proper support over what we're going through.

As for the rest of your post, I'm pretty sure I've pointed this out a billion times on this forum before: LGBT "pride" is born from a society's intolerance for LGBT people. They go hand in hand, if you cut back on the hatred, you will cut back on the "pride". LGBT pride is there to stand up and tell society that no, there's nothing wrong with us. Maybe it does come off the wrong way sometimes, but when you have society telling you that there is something wrong with you, that you deserve the most inhumane idea of an afterlife ever (well there are possibly worse, but point made?), that you're destroying society (and even to the stupidity that every natural disaster and world crisis is blamed on homosexuality), it can perhaps fester enough frustration in somebody that their way of saying there's nothing wrong with them, can look a bit excessive.

But no matter which way you cut it, the hatred and backwards society is the very root of it all, and you won't get anywhere by criticizing the pride. The people that are judging the LGBT people in general because of this LGBT "pride" are really only going to make things worse. One should not be foolish enough to judge LGBT people and the value of their rights because of the way some act. I mean, that goes right back to the root of the problem.

• Brohoof 4

I don't know what you're really talking about here with "separate communities". Are you talking about topics like this and support groups? I think it's unfair to criticize anybody for that, because LGBT people can't seek as good of advice from people who haven't been through the same thing we have. Sadly the most common response to me that I've gotten from people who are not apart of the LGBT community is "it's just a phase" and the like. There's no support in that. We are normal people, but there's nothing wrong with forming communities with people like us, so we can receive proper support over what we're going through.

No, that's not what I'm referring to at all. Supporting people who are going through a hard time, whatever it may be, is always a good thing.

As for the rest of your post, I'm pretty sure I've pointed this out a billion times on this forum before: LGBT "pride" is born from a society's intolerance for LGBT people. They go hand in hand, if you cut back on the hatred, you will cut back on the "pride". LGBT pride is there to stand up and tell society that no, there's nothing wrong with us. Maybe it does come off the wrong way sometimes, but when you have society telling you that there is something wrong with you, that you deserve the most inhumane idea of an afterlife ever (well there are possibly worse, but point made?), that you're destroying society (and even to the stupidity that every natural disaster and world crisis is blamed on homosexuality), it can perhaps fester enough frustration in somebody that their way of saying there's nothing wrong with them, can look a bit excessive.

But no matter which way you cut it, the hatred and backwards society is the very root of it all, and you won't get anywhere by criticizing the pride. The people that are judging the LGBT people in general because of this LGBT "pride" are really only going to make things worse. One should not be foolish enough to judge LGBT people and the value of their rights because of the way some act. I mean, that goes right back to the root of the problem.

"Pride" is another I don't fully understand. I do get where gay pride comes from, but for me, a feeling of pride is the result of something I've achieved or accomplished, as opposed to something I happen to be. A person should be happy and unashamed of their sexuality, but "pride" just seems like a strong word. But, once again, each to there own. I see sexuality as a non-issue, so I don't regard it very highly. I think it's very unfortunate that it's such a hot topic and that it rubs so many people the wrong way.

When it comes to dealing with homophobia/transphobia, I think it's more efficient to present sexuality as what it actually is, a person's sexual reference, as opposed to blowing it up into something much bigger, a community of like-minded people who have their own flag/s. I think it aggravates the issue because you're asking people to accept something that's bigger then what it really is or needs to be. The best way to get other people to understand that being queer isn't a big deal, is to stop treating it like a big deal yourself.

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 2

"Pride" is another I don't fully understand. I do get where gay pride comes from, but for me, a feeling of pride is the result of something I've achieved or accomplished, as opposed to something I happen to be. A person should be happy and unashamed of their sexuality, but "pride" just seems like a strong word. But, once again, each to there own. I see sexuality as a non-issue, so I don't regard it very highly. I think it's very unfortunate that's it's such a hot topic and that it rubs so many people the wrong way. When it comes to dealing with homophobia/transphobia, I think it's more efficient to present sexuality as what it actually is, a person's sexual reference, as opposed to blowing it up into something much bigger, a community of like-minded people who have their own flag/s. I think it aggravates the issue because you're asking people to accept something that's bigger then what it really is or needs to be. The best way to get other people to understand that being queer isn't a big deal, is to stop treating it like a big deal yourself.

I agree, which is why I oppose pride marches and whatnot where gay people make a big deal out of their sexuality, though I don't think a minor congregation such as this forum topic is bad because I think, to some degree, it helps LGBT individuals see for themselves that they are normal and there are others like them. It can be comforting. It serves a legitimate purpose, I think.

Wish I had the courage to come out.

I share this sentiment, though unfortunately I come from a very homophobic family and go to a very homophobic Christian university so it will never happen. :mellow:

Also, I read your "Open your mouth" member title thingy, and I know where it came from, but I immediately thought of this

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'm asexual with the most homophobic parents ever, so I support all the types of sexual preference out there.

Well, I'm aromantic for the most part, but seeing others mistreat others is not cool with me, so I help and support all of you.  ;)

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty sure I'm straight(although I'm still trying to figure why I get the warm fuzzys from some slash fic, maybe I just like idealistic romance in general).

Buuuut, I was one of those really self-conscious guys that was somewhere in late high school before even admitting I had the ability to find anyone attractive and even thought of sex(hell, I feel awkward about noticing women now and I almost crawled into a corner when i absentmindedly started talking about a girl from the gym in front of people) So I know what's it's like for people to think something is up.

So from someone who's Christian(although sometimes my "brothers" make me ashamed), godspeed to all of you and I hope you find whatever makes you happy, be it a man, woman, or whatever you go for and I wish you love. 

Also, I found this song and appears even several country singers even have your back(yes, I know it glazes over the telling lyric a little bit, which is when we're free to love anyone we chose)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtxqJGmq-Pk

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

I'm bi, and lean towards guys :) Completely happy being that way, and while I'm not always the most open about irl, it's usually simply due to the situation in which I'd mention it never comes up. My mom and friends are completely accepting, as I'd hope they would be and am sad that everyone's aren't.

• Brohoof 5

I am completely heterosexual myself, but I am happily accepting of people of other sexual preferences/identities. In fact, it really puts a sadness in my heart to see all the discrimination still in the world today. So yeah, like who you wanna like and be who you wanna be and I'll always appreciate you for it! :yay:

• Brohoof 4

I'm bi, as I've said in the "other" topic. And I still think you are just forcibly limiting yourself if you say you swing strictly one way. If you tell me you've never ever seen a person of the same sex as you are whom you found to be attractive, I'd say you are not telling the whole truth. It's just about whether you actually embrace it or shove it deep down, lock the doors and earse all mentions of it. :P

Also, worthy of note, I never had a single problem with my sexuality, even tho I never was hiding it. Everyone who wanted to know (Mmaybe even some people who didn't :P), knows, nobody minds. Maybe I have so acceptable surroundings... or maybe I'm just that charming.

"Pride" is another I don't fully understand. I do get where gay pride comes from, but for me, a feeling of pride is the result of something I've achieved or accomplished, as opposed to something I happen to be. A person should be happy and unashamed of their sexuality, but "pride" just seems like a strong word. But, once again, each to there own. I see sexuality as a non-issue, so I don't regard it very highly. I think it's very unfortunate that it's such a hot topic and that it rubs so many people the wrong way. When it comes to dealing with homophobia/transphobia, I think it's more efficient to present sexuality as what it actually is, a person's sexual reference, as opposed to blowing it up into something much bigger, a community of like-minded people who have their own flag/s. I think it aggravates the issue because you're asking people to accept something that's bigger then what it really is or needs to be. The best way to get other people to understand that being queer isn't a big deal, is to stop treating it like a big deal yourself.

From what I've collected and seen first hand, it's not pride as you mean it, it is more of a "You can kick me down for who I am, but I will stand up and continue being who I am" and as such, proud to be the person they are, perhaps even wear it as a badge. It's different than being proud of something per se, at least in my eyes. 

As for the grouping, yeah, never (well, usually) leads to a good thing, but on the other hand, people, as in humans are stupid. You can end up being viewed as a part of "likeminded community" even tho you aren't, never did anything to act as if you were and the community doesn't actually exist. I mean... come on, there are people who think black people are all a community where everyone knows everyone else and move as one (admittedly, people who think that are usually old and senile, but still). So why not bag all LGBT together.

• Brohoof 4

You and I can debate EquestrianScholar's position as an intellectual issue because it isn't our sexual emotions and needs that are under attack from stuff like this all. the. fucking. time. We should not expect LGBTQ people to feel (or perhaps more accurately, not feel) the same way.

I would kindly ask if you're going to mention me or bring me up please find a way of notifying (@EquestrianScholar perhaps) me so I know such as going on. Thank you

Also what's being debated about me?

Edited by EquestrianScholar

I would kindly ask if you're going to mention me or bring me up please find a way of notifying (@EquestrianScholar perhaps) me so I know such as going on. Thank you

Also what's being debated about me?

Oh, sorry for not @mentioning you.  Nothing is actually being debated about you or your position so far.  I was pointing out that heterosexuals can debate something like a religious position opposing homosexuality (using your post as an example of such) and treat it as an academic issue because it's not our sexuality on the line.  Like two men discussing the question of whether or not women ought to be subservient to men.  The "issue" feels completely different if you're LGBT (or a woman, in the second example).  I was explaining the concept of heterosexual privilege, rather than addressing you specifically or the link you provided in your post.

• Brohoof 1