Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronyette

Hello and welcome to the Forum Homework Help Thread. Here you can ask someone to PM you one-on-one to get the help you need. MLP Forums does not guarantee the accuracy or quality of the help you receive. 

If you are a student in need of help or just want to learn something new please post the topic or specific issue/subject/question you need help on, and someone will be able to help you, either in PM or in the thread. 

NOTE: When giving assistance it is HIGHLY suggested that if you supply an answer, you give a thorough explanation  of how you derived your solution. Without that information it is difficult for someone to actually learn and improve, which is really the most important aspect of education. 

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Helpful Sites:

http://www.codecademy.com/

Good for beginner-intermediate coding

https://www.khanacademy.org/

Good for Science, Math, Economics and Humanities.

https://www.coursera.org/

Free online college courses. (No credit) Great for aspiring students wanting to learn something new. Has a wide variety of subjects.

Edited by Jeric
Updating information.
  • Brohoof 60

I'm a complete boss at algebra, so I wouldn't mind being a tutor for that. I also know calculus, except I haven't taken it in a couple years. I'm also really good at spelling and grammar, if you need a tutor for that.

• Brohoof 10

I'm a complete boss at algebra, so I wouldn't mind being a tutor for that. I also know calculus, except I haven't taken it in a couple years. I'm also really good at spelling and grammar, if you need a tutor for that.

Oh, thank you very much. I will add you to the list right now! Also, if I may, could I ask for your time zone? So we could match the student so they won't have to wait too long for posts.

Also is your understanding high school or college level?

Edited by Bronyette

I can run a class for procrastination if you would like? I've been partaking in it for 21 years and have experienced maximum results. I'd love to pass on my skills to others who are willing to learn.

;)

If they had a class like that I would be a tutor in it too. xD Honestly. I am supposed to working on Algebra right as we type, but meh. I've done 8 hours already, my brain is fried out in math.

• Brohoof 2

I'd be happy to help with Maths and I don't mind what type. I got the highest mark in the year for the last Maths mock exam so I should be good. I'll tutor GSCE grade or whatever the local 14-16 year olds exquivalent is. Time zone is GMT.

• Brohoof 1

I'd be happy to help with Maths and I don't mind what type. I got the highest mark in the year for the last Maths mock exam so I should be good. I'll tutor GSCE grade or whatever the local 14-16 year olds exquivalent is. Time zone is GMT.

Alright, I will put you up in the Calculus section. You may take a second topic if you feel you can handle this one after a while. I don't want to put much strain on anyone.

I have a degree in physics so I could help with physics and math up to calculus. It's been a while but I'm sure I can help with anything at college level. I work 15 days on and 6 off so it might be hard to find time.

Would you mind if I put you up for physics? I'll put that you have limited time and might not always be on. 

• Brohoof 1

Sure I like teaching physics. I can tutor on a chat here or skype or whatever or via email if I am busy with my work. Sometimes I'm busy and sometimes I have nothing to do.

Alrighty! I'll will post your username up there under physics. Thanks for volunteering your time, I appreciate it. But if you want to go off site, I think you should ask your (future) student first if they would be alright with that.

On the off-chance that anypony's got an intro-level music theory course, I feel like I'd be qualified to tutor. Advanced theory courses, on the other hand, might better be left to people like Carbon Maestro.

• Brohoof 1

I can tutor all levels of music theory with my 14 years of music experience, and entry to advanced levels of spanish. I'm usually available just about all day. 

I can also do Algebra as well, if you don't mind having two tutors for algebra. 

Edited by Thunder-Dash
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, thank you very much. I will add you to the list right now! Also, if I may, could I ask for your time zone? So we could match the student so they won't have to wait too long for posts.

Also is your understanding high school or college level?

My time zone is Pacific. And I'm in college, but when it comes to algebra, I only know high school algebra. College algebra is like super crazy advanced lol, only math majors take that.

• Brohoof 1

On the off-chance that anypony's got an intro-level music theory course, I feel like I'd be qualified to tutor. Advanced theory courses, on the other hand, might better be left to people like Carbon Maestro.

Alright, I'll put you on the list just in case. :)

I can tutor all levels of music theory with my 14 years of music experience, and entry to advanced levels of spanish. I'm usually available just about all day. 

I can also do Algebra as well, if you don't mind having two tutors for algebra. 

I'll only put you into Music Theory and Spanish for now. If you can feel that you can handle this, after a bit of time I will happily add Algebra into there as well. But I don't want to push anyone too far for now.

• Brohoof 2

Also, I could maybe be an English tutor. My spelling/grammar skills are very high, plus I'm pretty decent at writing. I'm not sure what the English tutors would be helping people with exactly though.

Maybe to proofread essays or something of the like. At least that's what I was thinking. Maybe give them tips about punctuation.  :D

Edited by Bronyette
  • Brohoof 1

Maybe to proofread essays or something of the like. At least that's what I was thinking. Maybe give them tips about punctuation or something.  :D

I can definitely proofread and give tips on essays and stuff. Is it okay if I am a tutor in two different subjects? I wouldn't mind doing both.

• Brohoof 1

I can definitely proofread and give tips on essays and stuff. Is it okay if I am a tutor in two different subjects? I wouldn't mind doing both.

No wouldn't be a problem. I think English should be pretty easy, and I'm not sure how many users will actually need help with it. We all seem pretty well rounded here on the forums.

I could help out with Basic Human Anatomy and Physiology, should anyone need it.  Perhaps some Biology depending on what it is...  I'm in the EST time zone, I don't mind trying to form a schedule to help people.  Currently, I might be on only during the day or early evening, that might change depending on classes and homework however...  I also try to help people help themselves, so expect me to send lots of links to sources that you can further read into something or videos of lectures.

Edited by Anishna

Can you add a position for networking? I'm still a student, but have helped my classmates out with either Packet Tracer or physical hardware many times before. I'd say I'm quite good at basic, RIP and OSPF routing, and will be learning EIGRP routing next week.

I don't know if there's anyone else here going for networking yet, but y'know, just in case someone joins and they're just beginning to learn about router configuration and routing tables and setting up routing protocols and things like that (e.g. Cisco II.)

• Brohoof 2

Excuse me, i dont think that exactly understand meaning of tutoring. Shall i call tutor if i dont understand some statement, or if i want to learn something new?

Edited by IceBeerG
  • Brohoof 1

Somehow I do not think this forum is a conducive place for academic learning; it would be too easy to become distracted from the work.

There is also very little that binds a Tutor and the Tutored apart from their combined initiative.

That all said, I'm hoping to learn calculus soon...