Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronyette

My best hard working subjects in increasing skills was Math/Algebra to find the last answer of the problem, Proofreading/Grammar to check sentence and spelling, and Music Theory. Basically, I use was Science and Chemistry which was I identify the periodic table and the chemical compounds, and the World Map for coordinates.  :)

It's kind of hard to find anything that hasn't really been filled already, there's a boatload of really skilled people around here! If anyone could find it useful, I've got a B.S. in Ecology/Evolutionary Biology with a chemistry/math minor (looks like there's enough math people out there though :lol:  )  and a master certification in medical laboratory science (clinical chemistry, hematology, medical microbiology, and immunohematology (blood banking)). I could probably be a resource for biology or chemistry as well as anyone pre-med or perhaps studying for the ASCP Board of Registry exam. 

It's kind of hard to find anything that hasn't really been filled already, there's a boatload of really skilled people around here! If anyone could find it useful, I've got a B.S. in Ecology/Evolutionary Biology with a chemistry/math minor (looks like there's enough math people out there though :lol:  )  and a master certification in medical laboratory science (clinical chemistry, hematology, medical microbiology, and immunohematology (blood banking)). I could probably be a resource for biology or chemistry as well as anyone pre-med or perhaps studying for the ASCP Board of Registry exam. 

In Ecology: Why is plant ecology and animal ecology so distinct from each other? As in, if ecology is the study of how everything fits together, why study plants and animal interactions separately?

I would understand if autecology has distinct animal and plant fields of study, but I would imagine that synecology would apply to both plants and animals together.

Physics is easier than biology because it doesn't have so many terms to memorize and it has actual hard answers. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Here's another from Putnam. Find all polynomials q(x) such that q(x^2+1) = q(x)^2+1 and q(0)=0. I have q(x) = x

I had a go at this and also got q(x) = x (by induction, but not before fruitlessly trying to equate coefficients using a general polynomial).

I will require some semi-regular tutoring in algebra for the next week or so. The first problem I have that I needed assistance with is this:

(y^2 - 3)(3y^2 - 8y + 8)

Note: The ^ indicates that the item following it is an exponent. If you are interested in helping, please PM me!

(edited)
The instruction says only to multiply.

To multiply polynomials,

(A+B ) ( C+D+E) = AC+AD+AE+BC+BD+BE

3y^4 – 8y^3 + 8y^2 – 9y^2 + 24y – 24 = 3y^4 – 8y^3 -y^2 + 24y – 24

If I added correctly.

Edited by BronyNumber42

To multiply polynomials,

(A+B ) ( C+D+E) = AC+AD+AE+BC+BD+BE

3y^4 – 8y^3 + 8y^2 – 9y^2 + 24y – 24 = 3y^4 – 8y^3 -y^2 + 24y – 24

If I added correctly.

Is that the solution, or simply the next step?

NOTE: When giving assistance it is suggested that if you supply an answer, you give a thorough explanation  of how you derived your solution. Without that information it is difficult for someone to actually learn and improve, which is really the most important aspect of education and the original intent of this topic :) 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I feel like I ought to come to this thread to help more often than I do.  But it seems that usually the questions here are some kind of math, and although I am a computer science major and should know a good amount, math still isn't my strong suit.

That being said...

If anyone has questions about some of these subjects, I might be able to help: (up to college sophomore level) - bio/chem, philosophy, psychology, sociology, or writing/composition/English/Language Arts.

I also know some oddball information about WWII in Asia, as I have taken that class for a certain requirement in my Honors program, too.

---

NOTE: When giving assistance it is suggested that if you supply an answer, you give a thorough explanation  of how you derived your solution. Without that information it is difficult for someone to actually learn and improve, which is really the most important aspect of education and the original intent of this topic :) 

Yes!  I agree.  

And to anyone who hasn't heard of it before:

http://www.wolframalpha.com/

This can help with a plethora of subjects.

Examples:

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=rust

c97899d0ec.png

cb869efe43.png

---

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=8x%5E2+-+5x+%2B+2+%3D+0

429a77fb43.png

---

And if you need help understanding how to do these kinds of problems, or any other similar kinds of hard math that you are not sure of, go to youtube and search the type of problem it is and add "Khan Academy" after that.

They help with a lot of math and physics problems and explain things very well.

Always remember, even though you might not like the classes you are in, and you might not think you'll ever need it later in life...  there is always a ton of resources online that can help you through the class, and you might just learn something.

:squee: 

~ Miles

P.S.

If someone (including me) has not responded, and your question involves a subject I listed above in the things I might be able to help with, mention me in a post and I'll see what I can do.  I'm not making any promises, but I will try my best to help with what I can.

To mention someone, type (without spaces) @[ member = ' username ' ] and it will notify them.

Edit:

P.P.S.

I probably won't be of much help if your question is about geography, lmao.   ^_^

Edited by Miles
  • Brohoof 1

Need some second opinions. What genre would this song fall under? I need to write a short blurb about my favorite musical genre, my favorite song in it, and basically why I love it and some interesting info about it for tomorrow >_>

Given that I don't have a favorite song or genre I choose this as one of my favorite songs from my playlist....but I have no idea what genre it is :( It's not pop for sure...

Need some second opinions. What genre would this song fall under? I need to write a short blurb about my favorite musical genre, my favorite song in it, and basically why I love it and some interesting info about it for tomorrow >_>

Given that I don't have a favorite song or genre I choose this as one of my favorite songs from my playlist....but I have no idea what genre it is :( It's not pop for sure...

Google says "country pop".

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

If there is still an opening for a student, I would like to have a tutor in writing, like in short stories or fan fiction writing, but also in essays for college level.

I'm a creative writing major in university with experience in short fiction and poetry. I'm not sure how useful I am as a teacher, but I have a very good eye for editing!

• Brohoof 1

@@Perfect Stanza,

Okay! That's great! So how do we exactly start because I would definitely like to go into short stories and poetry.

PM me with whatever you want help with. I can proofread stuff, suggest things to work on, etc. My uni classes are all workshop classes so I'm really good at giving critique. My skype is apatheticarchetype as well if you want to chat about things and send files or whatever!!

• Brohoof 1

What does nine plus ten equal?

Using Lagrange interpolation of each terms' series expansion through the law of arctangents and the indefinite integral of Coulomb's law, your answer should come out to be 19 times the error function of 19.

• Brohoof 3