Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronyette

I'd be happy to do English and advanced music theory. English is elementary to Grade 10 (sorry, I haven't graduated just yet! ^__^) I would also do Algebra and History, but they're too hard to do online, LOL. XD

Well, I was a master at algebra, and I'm pretty alright with spanish, so why not?

I guess I could help out others if they need it, always happy to help.  ;)

Alright, I will add to algebra and spanish. :3 Thank you.

Can you add a position for networking? I'm still a student, but have helped my classmates out with either Packet Tracer or physical hardware many times before. I'd say I'm quite good at basic, RIP and OSPF routing, and will be learning EIGRP routing next week.

I don't know if there's anyone else here going for networking yet, but y'know, just in case someone joins and they're just beginning to learn about router configuration and routing tables and setting up routing protocols and things like that (e.g. Cisco II.)

Yes! Such a good idea. I was an IT student so I probably could teach it too. :D I'll add you to the new section.

I would like to inquire about being a student of the basic music theory. Please. I currently have fl studio pro. And such as and so forth. A nice mixing software.

Yes. May I suggest English as well?  :muffins: Jk,Jk. He's my bf

Excuse me, i dont think that exactly understand meaning of tutoring. Shall i call tutor if i dont understand some statement, or if i want to learn something new?

You can ask someone to tutor you if you want to learn something new, if you want to teach, you become a tutor. :3 I hope this clears it up.

I'd be happy to do English and advanced music theory. English is elementary to Grade 10 (sorry, I haven't graduated just yet! ^__^) I would also do Algebra and History, but they're too hard to do online, LOL. XD

Alright, I'll sign you up for Music and English.

Somehow I do not think this forum is a conducive place for academic learning; it would be too easy to become distracted from the work.

There is also very little that binds a Tutor and the Tutored apart from their combined initiative.

That all said, I'm hoping to learn calculus soon...

Yes. But you cant teach anyone without a will to learn anyways. They will make their own ways to distract themselves.

Also, if you would like to be a student I will put you on the list.

I could help out with Basic Human Anatomy and Physiology, should anyone need it.  Perhaps some Biology depending on what it is...  I'm in the EST time zone, I don't mind trying to form a schedule to help people.  Currently, I might be on only during the day or early evening, that might change depending on classes and homework however...  I also try to help people help themselves, so expect me to send lots of links to sources that you can further read into something or videos of lectures.

Alright~! I'll add you to the list also. Thank you very much for the help. I'll put you into the Biology section.

Edited by Bronyette

@@Bronyette

I can tutor people in college algebra, high school geometry, college trigonometry, and college calculus, as well as high school english. If you would prefer that I choose only one area, then I would choose calculus. However, I can only help with single-variable calculus up through the level of Calculus I. I am currently taking AP Calculus AB as a high school junior, and that combined with my previous personal studies in calculus would allow me to help people with Calculus I. However, I do not have enough experience yet with Calculus II or beyond to be a tutor for it.

Oh yeah, if you need a time zone, I am in the eastern time zone and am typically available after 4 or 5PM EDT. So if you need me for help with a Cisco lab or to help you figure out a routing table/topology, keep that in mind.

I'm good with chemistry and physics and biology as well... but I'm not that good at expressing my thoughts when I teach.

Don't forget art; realism art, how to draw a human as real as possible. Perspective -- don't know how would that work. 

High school level though -- forgot to put that in.

Edited by c45tl3
  • Brohoof 1

Okay. I will add all those to the list that I haven't already by 5'oclock today. If I have missed you please PM me and tell me so. Thank you all very much.

Also: Don't be afraid to sign up for a tutor if you want to learn something new as well. If you want to learn but don't want to have your username put on the main page PM me and tell me so.

~Bronyette

• Brohoof 1

I could help out with American History and Algebra 1 and Pre-Algebra a little bit. Could also help out with English if needed.

By the way, great idea for a thread.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Middle to lower (9-10 grade) high school

Edited by Ian Moone

I'm not sure if you're still looking for tutors (or if you'll be willing to overlook the fact that I'm in middle school), but I seriously have a 12th grade reading/writing level and I'd be glad to help somepony out.

Also, I suck at math. This is a great idea. xD

EDIT: By the way, I use central time, and I'm free most days after 5:00 on weekdays, usually all day on weekends.

Edited by Pulcinella

I'm rather good with calculus, so long as it's calc 1 (AP Calculus AB if a high school course). it's as far as i've gotten so far in my studies, but i plan on minoring in mathematics over the next few years of college.

EDIT: in case i've missed people asking me for help, PM me saying that you would like help.

Edited by techno915

Middle School level Algebra ._.

I don't feel confident enough with my two weeks of High School Honors Algebra II to tutor people on it.

Oh and basic music theory. I can do that :P

I'm also pretty good with history (High School level)

I hope I actually get to tutor some people :D That would be pretty cool

Edited by NocturnalRainbow

I guess I can help with french, if anyone needs help, and if anyone is taking french classes.

My first language is french, so you can trust me.

Sadly, I can't help anywhere else, because I don't know what you are learning in other countries, and I'm in Quebec, it's french here, so the names are different.

• Brohoof 1

I did good in Japanese. I only have N5 proficiency, but if anyone taking high-school Japanese wants help, I am willing to do my best to help out.

Note: Due to a change in my schedule, I cannot offer my services as a tutor. I am willing to answer the odd question, but I cannot offer help on any regular basis.

Edited by Frith is Magik

This is a very cool idea! I'd be more than willing to join as a mentor - my time is a bit stretched, but I should have time on the weekends to answer questions.

I've written quite a bit and have a knack for words, so if you need proofreading, I can do so. (I've proofread quite a few fics.) However, don't ask me about specific English terms/rules - I don't remember any of them. :P

Edited by CloudFyre
  • Brohoof 1

I'm fluent in German, being very familiar with both the grammatical rules and the native quirks of the language. I think I'll be most useful with Deutsch than any other subject.

Teaching proper grammar and proofreading written work goes for English, too, but I'm not surprised to see lots of other people signing themselves there. Still, I wouldn't mind being an English tutor, either; put me down for both or just German. I don't mind.

Oh, and I'm a Brit, but to be honest I should be available most of the time. Great thread idea, by the way!

With the tutoring system nearly set up, when will it actually start? 

By the way, I'm extremely competent with music theory. I'd like to be a tutor for that (you didn't add me to the music theory list yet). Also, I'd like to tutor with music history.

• Brohoof 2

I like how every post on here is just people signing up to be tutors, but no one has actually asked for help with anything yet, and no one has actually done any tutoring yet lol

I know right! Come on people, don't be too shy if you want to learn/need help with anyone. Just sign up. :D

Also I will add everyone who wants to be a tutor to the list ASAP.

I suggest that for students in need of help, that they should just PM all of the people that are associated with the topic they need help with. That way, if they want to conceal their weaknesses at a topic and maintain privacy, that they will have that freedom.

• Brohoof 3