Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronyette

I could tutor some form of language arts or creative English, stuff like poetry, narratives, and script writing all fall within my realm of expertise. Unfortunately I'll be pretty busy until around December with marching band.

Well this is pretty cool. I'd be happy to help out in anything in algebra or precalculus. I'm also pretty good in c++ and objective c programming languages.

Also, I could really use some help in AP physics, particularly the calculus aspect of it.

I suggest that for students in need of help, that they should just PM all of the people that are associated with the topic they need help with. That way, if they want to conceal their weaknesses at a topic and maintain privacy, that they will have that freedom.

Yes I agree, I will put this on the front page and quote you. 

Not sure if you need anymore tutors, but I have taken Calc I and also I took Spanish in high school. Really, I'm pretty good at any kind of math.

Would you mind helping with geometry? We don't have anyone for that slot.

I can help with Algebra 2, its my kinda thing. I can also help in Spanish, but I'm a little above the intro phase. Mabey a little physics.

We have enough for algebra at the time being, but I will add you into Spanish.

I could tutor some form of language arts or creative English, stuff like poetry, narratives, and script writing all fall within my realm of expertise. Unfortunately I'll be pretty busy until around December with marching band.

Alright. I will add you once you have time. PM me when you will have time.

I guess i would like to take few (hundred) lessons of coding for dummies. Need someone who can guide me from very root, obviously.

What kind of coding would you like to learn? There are many different types.

http://www.codecademy.com/

Here is a site that you might want to check out if you haven't already. I don't think they have HTML, but for the ones they do have they teach every little step in a easy to understand way. 

Also we have someone who can teach C++ programming, so if you'd like to learn that be sure to PM WWAPD.

Well this is pretty cool. I'd be happy to help out in anything in algebra or precalculus. I'm also pretty good in c++ and objective c programming languages.

Also, I could really use some help in AP physics, particularly the calculus aspect of it.

Alright, We already have enough in Algebra but I have placed you into C++ Programming and Physics.

Edited by Bronyette
  • Brohoof 2

Alright~! I'll add you to the list also. Thank you very much for the help. I'll put you into the Biology section.

Sorry if I come off as a bit of a prude but I think you have misspelled my username in regards to the list of the OP.  It would seem that there is an "R" where there should be an "N".  Would you kindly change it.....  If you don't mind?

• Brohoof 1

I'm totally not asking for a tutor that can help me with C# or Java. Okay, I am. But seeing that we have a C++ tutor, I don't know if I should take the chance. I heard that C++ isn't a very good language to learn as your first, and even though I know a little bit about C#, I don't know if I'm prepared for C++. Any help?

I'm totally not asking for a tutor that can help me with C# or Java. Okay, I am. But seeing that we have a C++ tutor, I don't know if I should take the chance. I heard that C++ isn't a very good language to learn as your first, and even though I know a little bit about C#, I don't know if I'm prepared for C++. Any help?

C++ is a wonderful language - many different companies use it. To my knowledge, C++, and Java are among the most used languages in the world. It's what my university is starting us with, so I'd assume it'd be safe to learn. :)

~Physics~ BronyNumber42 - College Level WWAPD

Actually, I kind of wanted to be put down as a student for physics. Although I'm interested in the subject, I have yet to possess very much knowledge of it other than what's taught in freshman physical science. 

So if you could move be to the students section for physics, that'd be great. Thanks!

Wait a second. We're offering ourselves to answer questions about certain subjects and help them with their school, or to teach a student the subjects in question?

I can cover some. I'm a programmer who's working (just an apprentice actually (I'm just 17)) as a web developer. I know Python and PHP to somewhere between intermediate and advanced. Many things in Python, like asynchronous programming for network use, database with ORM, or PyGame. Ready to make a product, for sure.

Oh, a note, for web development I can't teach jquery or Javascript at the moment, since I'm still learning it as well. I'm more into programming the stuff behind the scene than all the glitters on the web pages. I'm good at CSS and responsive design with Bootstrap though.

I'm also a network engineer, but I can't guarantee anything in an expert level. I will just say, introduction to intermediate.

English, I can offer. I'm not a native speaker, but I've learned it for a very long time, and I understand languages very well. I also study literature.

History, just a little. I can't remember dates properly. I won't offer my service for this one.

I won't recommend C++ for a beginner at any rate. It's not a bad language. Actually, languages make no difference in software development. There are many issues about one language is faster than another in the Internet, but it merely relies on the design.

I suggest you to take Python as a starter language. It's simple and clean, yet effective and powerful. In C++, you need to understand some low-level stuff which aren't so easy to learn for beginners.

Edited by Earl of Skyward

Well how 'bout that.

Let me tell you something, folks. I am a-mazing at (Modern)World History, and I wouldn't mind helping out another pony who's having trouble with it.

Fo realz.

Edited by Tricksy Lewlamoon
  • Brohoof 1

So much supply and yet so little demand... For goodness sake students! We're all bronies! If you need help, you can come to us! Don't be shy! We won't judge! We too may have had our issues on the very topics we're tutoring at one point! I know I sure did!

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm here to request a tutor for Algebra, Physical Science, and Global Mythology. I'm aware there's no one signed up for Global Mythology or Physical Science but maybe there's someone who does know things in both subjects. I don't need help in Global Mythology at this exact second but I will need help after I complete this assignment for it. As for Algebra, if someone could tutor me in the Distributive Property and Like Terms, that would be great. It's 9th grade Algebra. I do online schooling so I'm usually available at all times. Also, I do 9th grade Creative Writing currently, and my teacher mentioned that my stories are well-thought out and brilliant. So I might be able to help with some basic stuff in Creative Writing. I can't guarantee anything amazing, but I might be able to help in certain areas. I'm eastern time zone and like I said, I do online schooling, so I'm usually available. I'm usually up at 9 a.m. to 10-11 p.m. Eastern...

• Brohoof 1

I'm here to request a tutor for Algebra, Physical Science, and Global Mythology. I'm aware there's no one signed up for Global Mythology or Physical Science but maybe there's someone who does know things in both subjects. I don't need help in Global Mythology at this exact second but I will need help after I complete this assignment for it. As for Algebra, if someone could tutor me in the Distributive Property and Like Terms, that would be great. It's 9th grade Algebra. I do online schooling so I'm usually available at all times. Also, I do 9th grade Creative Writing currently, and my teacher mentioned that my stories are well-thought out and brilliant. So I might be able to help with some basic stuff in Creative Writing. I can't guarantee anything amazing, but I might be able to help in certain areas. I'm eastern time zone and like I said, I do online schooling, so I'm usually available. I'm usually up at 9 a.m. to 10-11 p.m. Eastern...

If you need an Algebra tutor, I'm your guy. I kick algebra's butt so hard it don't even know what hit it.

Lol, but yeah, let me know if you need algebra help :P

Hi I was just wondering if I could like request a geometry tutor but I don't necessarily need them right now, it's mostly just in case I don't get something or need help later on, but if not that's fine. I like what you all have done here and I hope you guys get more traffic

Awesome thread! Noticed it as I needed it, too. Just got the results from my first physics exam. It didn't go well, so I'm planning to spend more time on the material and complete extra practice problems. The latter has been praised as the only way to really understand it, but talking with someone still sounds like a great help.

May not have questions right away, but I'd like to request a physics tutor. Mainly hoping to review concepts after I've completed assignments, but the tutor's recommendation(s) may change that.

Thanks!

Edited by Starlight Sky

Well how 'bout that.

Let me tell you something, folks. I am a-mazing at (Modern)World History, and I wouldn't mind helping out another pony who's having trouble with it.

Fo realz.

Okay, we will not really be taking anymore tutors unless we can find people willing to learn. So if you can please look around to see if anyone would need help in the area you do well at.

Perhaps I can help. I have extensive knowledge in 18th Century European and Colonial military history and some on World War 2 as well. I'm currently in Grade 9.

Same as the above. biggrin.png Try to find someone to teach.

So much supply and yet so little demand... For goodness sake students! We're all bronies! If you need help, you can come to us! Don't be shy! We won't judge! We too may have had our issues on the very topics we're tutoring at one point! I know I sure did!

Yes! People don't be shy at all! We are here to help.

I would love to help others with Algebra homework since thats actually what I am best at in school Im at a high school junior level and I am always free except when im doing homework

If you can find a student willing to learn Algebra I will add you to the list.

I can help tutor Advanced Civics/World History, and creative writing.

I can also do basic web development, and manga drawing lessons. c:

Alright, same as the top post. But I might have found someone to help with drawing, they may pm you soon.

Okay. PM the Algebra teachers you would like to tutor you. ChampionRD92 offered to help so if you'd like you could start by PMing him. img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png If you like his style of helping, PM me.

If we get Physical Science or Global Mythology I will contact you.

But currently we are not accepting any more tutors until we get more students.

EDIT: https://www.khanacademy.org/

See if this site has any of the information you need.

Hi I was just wondering if I could like request a geometry tutor but I don't necessarily need them right now, it's mostly just in case I don't get something or need help later on, but if not that's fine. I like what you all have done here and I hope you guys get more traffic

Okay PM one that you would feel comfortable with, and if they are what you are looking for please tell me.

Awesome thread! Noticed it as I needed it, too. Just got the results from my first physics exam. It didn't go well, so I'm planning to spend more time on the material and complete extra practice problems. The latter has been praised as the only way to really understand it, but talking with someone still sounds like a great help.

May not have questions right away, but I'd like to request a physics tutor. Mainly hoping to review concepts after I've completed assignments, but the tutor's recommendation(s) may change that.

Thanks!

Okay, PM one of our Physics tutors and see if they are what you need.

Edited by Bronyette
  • Brohoof 2

One of those community threads that aim to help people out, and should always be promoted whenever possible :3 General Discussion is lacking in pinned threads as it is so, I think I'll pin this for you guys, since school season is still freshly started and this will be relevant for a while to come.

Good luck, everyone!

• Brohoof 10

This seems like a really interesting idea of a thread, especially considering how many of us members are now back in school. So props to you for making this awesome tutoring thread!

I do possess a good amount of knowledge and understanding in most of the fields listed but no where near enough to where I feel I could become a good tutor on here. Plus, you're no longer accepting tutors at the moment, so nevermind all that then. :P

Let me just list some of the things I like to learn and get into.

• Web Design
  • Programming
  • Photoshop
  • General Networking

If I could get someone to help me get a good start on the following subjects, I would appreciate it. It's not school related at all btw. It's all just for the fun in trying out something new, as well as helping me understand the computer science and languages that make the internet go round. :3

Also, in case I began to really struggle in American Government, I could really use someone to help me out there as well. :/

So thanks in advance.

But overall, I personally think you guy's are doing an awesome job here. This is a great idea for a thread Bronyette! Great job in creating this. :) 

I hope you get more students soon. 

I would love some help with school but i need help with differential equations and fluid mechanics and i dont see either of those on the list lol

I could probably help you with basic first order differential equations, but I could not help with anything beyond that. I also could not help with fluid mechanics. What kind of differential equations do you need help with?