Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Costumes

PinkieShy10

I would give the costume to someone more willing..I like costumes, and I LOVE to cosplay. But I wouldn't cosplay anyone in Equestria girls over any of my main costumes (Hatsune Miku, Suigintou, and Tomoko Kuroki).

I am just not a fan of the movie at all. The story just put me off.

Hopefully you're not referring to the costumes used at the premiere.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Wo4y0SkTqXU/UgPwt35iA6I/AAAAAAABfHU/sIB0Lb93oFE/s1600/1.jpeg

[shivers]

As for the idea lf recreating the movie in the real world, it's an admirable idea, however it'd be rather difficult.

You'd have to recreate the castle, the portal entry scene, the terrible anticlimactic ending wih demon Sunset Shimmer, etc., etc.

However, as I mentioned, it's an admireable idea, and I would watch it.

Good luck on your endeavours.

• Brohoof 2

I'd be interested in cosplaying the Equestria Girls, if only they had better outfits. For a toy line that's supposed to be focused on fashion, I'm surprised the outfits were largely unremarkable. If I had to pick one that I would cosplay, it'd be one of the Rainbow Dash doll dresses.

1024px-Rainbow_Dash_Equestria_Girls_doll

I kinda like the blue one. But even then, I'd want to customize it. The gala pony dresses are much more interesting.

If you're planning on putting the result on Youtube, I suggest rewriting the parts of the movie that most bronies disliked; replace awkward blushing from Twilight with tactful interaction, give Sentry more (adorkable!) personality, make Sunset Shimmer's conversion to the good side less sudden and more believable, etc. Just browse the threads here for ideas. Considering that most bronies seem to find the movie "okay" at best, giving them something new and interesting would motivate more people to watch. :)

I think I know exactly what you're talking about.

You're wearing the costumes and reacting the scenes out together just for fun right?

I would do this.  I would definitely do this.

But I also wouldn't.  My friends aren't...good enough.

I'd probably be like: "Am I the only one trying here?  Hey you, pay attention and get off your dumb phone!"

I would end up taking it too seriously.

Maybe for a convention or something those costumes (or cosplay) would be cool to use there. :D 

I mean, because of the release of Equestria Girls, it's been much easier to cosplay as ponies for people. SO I mean, just design the clothes they wear, and go for it :P 

You can do Helping Twilight win the crown-song! Or eat cupcakes! Or make cupcakes! Or dancing the chicken-dance! Or dancing the chicken-dance while singing and making cupcakes! Do you have any good recipes? A had one, but I can't remember it now :(

• 4 weeks later...

To be honest, I haven't actually been cosplaying before so if it was for one of my favourite movies (which in this case Equestria Girls) then I'll definitely would like to try it out.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Wo4y0SkTqXU/UgPwt35iA6I/AAAAAAABfHU/sIB0Lb93oFE/s1600/1.jpeg

[shivers]

As for the idea lf recreating the movie in the real world, it's an admirable idea, however it'd be rather difficult.

You'd have to recreate the castle, the portal entry scene, the terrible anticlimactic ending wih demon Sunset Shimmer, etc., etc.

However, as I mentioned, it's an admireable idea, and I would watch it.

Good luck on your endeavours.

Can't believe I haven't seen those yet O.o how.....Horrifying. Seriously whoever said "yes this is a good idea this won't give child and adult alike nightmares" needs to be fired from whatever it is they do

So me, a grown ass man, putting on a dress from a children's cartoon and going to a party where we would all reenact scenes from it?

Sounds awesome!

"Hey Marty, I brang over some costumes from that movie that you like so much."

*Sees the costumes*

*Marty proceeds to drop-kick the box, and light it on fire*

(I'm not a big fan of EqG.)

EGH.

I don't think I'd like to do that.

Edited by MartyToast

[shivers]

Wow.  Now that's some Grade A Nightmare Fuel right there!  Now, if Sunset Shimmer had been able to create a zombie army of those things...!  [Rarity voice]Iiiiii-dee-aaaaaaaa![/Rarity voice]  Hey...@@PinkieShy10, if you could replicate enough of those to wardrobe a modest horde, you could totally redefine the Zombie Apocalypse genre. 

Aside: when the movie was coming out, I remember there was talk about what would happen when the two target demos for FiM met in the theater line.  "Mommy...why are there so many guys here without kids wearing Rainbow Dash shirts and carrying pony brushies?  Hey!  That one's got Vinyl Scratch!  No fair!  Moooommmyyyyyy!"  There was more than a little hand-wringing over the potential creepiness of bronies in the eyes of the soccer moms and their daughters, as I recall.  Then they bring out those horrors at the premiere?  Thanks, Hasbro!  I think  you just made the most over-the-top cloptastic extremists of our fandom look normal and wholesome.  And I thought the Equestria Girls dolls were creepy invaders from Uncanny Valley!