Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cross-Dressing

Sepia-chan

I always hear guys say that, however I've tried women's panties for a week and because of my sensitive skin chafing I ended up dealing with a little bleeding in some sensitive areas x.x Anything you would recommend that would give a bit of support and won't chafe on the skin? Granted the ones I bought were very cheap from walmart so that is prooobably why.

If I try again I feel like boyshorts might work better? But ever since my experiences last time I've felt hesitant.

Well, the first step to help with chafing, would be a little bit of moisturizer or baby powder. Something to soften the skin, so you don't feel the grinding. Also, remember to wear something a little loose. As for fabric choices, I prefer silk myself, because silk is just fabulous. Boyshorts are good, I admit. I do have a few pairs. Those are my tips for you. ^^

Well, the first step to help with chafing, would be a little bit of moisturizer or baby powder. Something to soften the skin, so you don't feel the grinding. Also, remember to wear something a little loose. As for fabric choices, I prefer silk myself, because silk is just fabulous. Boyshorts are good, I admit. I do have a few pairs. Those are my tips for you. ^^

Yeah I've used baby powder when my skin gets really bad and it makes it pretty much go away. Though it hasn't bothered me for a few months since it got colder so I haven't had to use it in a while.

I'll try boyshorts next time then c: Thanks!

Worst reactions I got was when I went to a convention in Lancaster. I was walking with a friend to the parking lot wearing my Fluttershy cosplay and I was getting yelled at and threatened by people.

Wow, that's awfully unfortunate. That probably happens from time to time at any large anime/brony/furry convention. I've actually never felt physically threatened and have very rarely felt it might degenerate into that. People probably assume I'm an entertainer more than anything else. The worst I got was a couple of likely stoners accusing me of being a pedophile.

I used to carry pepper spray but I keep losing it and it would be my third one if I get one again x.x I usually just hold out my keys anymore when I'm walking through a bad area.

I've only lost spray once, and that might have been a case of theft at a furmeet rather than me having detached then forgot about the holster and spray. Keys are not much of a deterrent and they are an improvised melee weapon at best. You're going to wish you had a distance weapon if someone closes in to cause you harm.

I have given great thought to my carrying configurations. I attach certain critical items like my wallet, spray, etc to my shorts under the skirt or a satchel bag. I have carabiners attached to a belt loop over each pocket. The left one is where my wallet strap and the magnetic keychain are fixed, and when I feel the need I can just pull my skirt up and yank apart the spray with minimal frustration. I then just reattach it just as easily. It will never detach unintentionally short of some extremely unlikely event. My small satchel bag from Lemonbrat has a metal loop to which I attach my stun gun and very small first aid kit. Inside the bag I store various things which I need to retrieve often and with little effort, such as cosmetics, my phone, other things, and my pepper foam for use in enclosed environments. The large tote bag contains various large items that I typically need often but cannot store in smaller bags. On the rim at the front I have attached a holster with a very strong clip, and inside is a large pepper spray canister which is ideal in either windy weather or if having to repel multiple assailants.

The sprays are from UDAP and the foam from Streetwise 23. These brands I determined had the highest potency and thus the greatest effectiveness. Fortunately, I have not had to use any of these, but I have felt it prudent to hold onto spray on a few moments. The chance of being attacked is pretty low each time we leave the house, but there's a fair chance at some point we will have that one unfortunate encounter. Us femboys need to be particularly defensively minded.

Yeah, I wear women's panties as a norm, so cross dressing is something I could totally do. I'll say this though, ever since my first girlfriend I have been wearing women's underwear and never have I found anything more comfy.

I stopped wearing them because my genitals kept slipping free, they were expensive, and I realized that until I find a sexual partner I am not going to impress anyone at all with lingerie because no one will see it.

Edited by Roketsune

Wow, that's awfully unfortunate. That probably happens from time to time at any large anime/brony/furry convention. I've actually never felt physically threatened and have very rarely felt it might degenerate into that. People probably assume I'm an entertainer more than anything else. The worst I got was a couple of likely stoners accusing me of being a pedophile.

I've only lost spray once, and that might have been a case of theft at a furmeet rather than me having detached then forgot about the holster and spray. Keys are not much of a deterrent and they are an improvised melee weapon at best. You're going to wish you had a distance weapon if someone closes in to cause you harm.

I have given great thought to my carrying configurations. I attach certain critical items like my wallet, spray, etc to my shorts under the skirt or a satchel bag. I have carabiners attached to a belt loop over each pocket. The left one is where my wallet strap and the magnetic keychain are fixed, and when I feel the need I can just pull my skirt up and yank apart the spray with minimal frustration. I then just reattach it just as easily. It will never detach unintentionally short of some extremely unlikely event. My small satchel bag from Lemonbrat has a metal loop to which I attach my stun gun and very small first aid kit. Inside the bag I store various things which I need to retrieve often and with little effort, such as cosmetics, my phone, other things, and my pepper foam for use in enclosed environments. The large tote bag contains various large items that I typically need often but cannot store in smaller bags. On the rim at the front I have attached a holster with a very strong clip, and inside is a large pepper spray canister which is ideal in either windy weather or if having to repel multiple assailants.

The sprays are from UDAP and the foam from Streetwise 23. These brands I determined had the highest potency and thus the greatest effectiveness. Fortunately, I have not had to use any of these, but I have felt it prudent to hold onto spray on a few moments. The chance of being attacked is pretty low each time we leave the house, but there's a fair chance at some point we will have that one unfortunate encounter. Us femboys need to be particularly defensively minded.

I stopped wearing them because my genitals kept slipping free, they were expensive, and I realized that until I find a sexual partner I am not going to impress anyone at all with lingerie because no one will see it.

Actually Anime/Furry/Brony conventions are very safe places to get a start on dressing up c: Not particularly sure why, but geek communities seem very in tune and supportive of the Gay and Transgender communities. Heck one or two times I've been asked about my pronouns. And lately I've been seeing a lot more guys cosplaying girl characters seriously now which is really refreshing to see considering I've lived in a community and a family that really pushed men being masculine and machismo and nothing else lol. The cosplay community has also helped me greatly in learning makeup techniques and I've been getting a lot better. Still have a lot to learn though

The only thing to worry about with conventions is the community outside of the convention. Sometimes they can be very accepting and welcoming to attendees, be complimenting/asking for photos and whatnot, but sometimes they just see con goers and cosplayers to be intruding to their everyday lives as "freaks" because they're dressed up which leads to people targeting them with yelling/harassment. If I get a hotel outside of the con venue I always ask to go back in a group because I do not know what the community outside the convention will be like. I've had very positive experiences where people would compliment me and ask for pictures and whatnot, and also very negative experiences such as yelling and threats. It's a risk not worth taking though haha.

As for my community I live in currently. My college town is definately a lot better than my hometown however there's still cases of harassment and hazing that make me refrain from going all out. I just fear that wearing a skirt would draw too much attention, as it usually does when I do xp Maybe I will try when I can actually begin to pass well.

Also I noticed you mentioned you have a lemonbrat satchel? I never knew they sold satchels. I bought a hoodie from them one time at Otakon. It was very adorable and fluffy. I wouldn't wear it out but it makes very comfortable pajamas c: I also bought one of their schoolgirl hoodies with the skirt. The material they use is so comfortable!

Edited by The Fabulous Darky
  • Brohoof 1

Actually Anime/Furry/Brony conventions are very safe places to get a start on dressing up c:

What I meant was, occasionally you'll have people not there for the conventions who, often because of being drunk, will want to accost a convention attendee. It probably happens very rarely, but there might be the incident here and there outside the venue every year or so. As you said, those communities are highly LGBT-friendly, and I have noticed those who are fixated on fictional matters tend to be more progressive in general.

I've had very positive experiences where people would compliment me and ask for pictures and whatnot, and also very negative experiences such as yelling and threats. It's a risk not worth taking though haha.

I've never had a negative experience from people at a convention, save for one time at Hooters (probably a place that doesn't see many femboys) when some idiot and his family started laughing uproariously upon seeing me and asked me nothing. That was disrespectful rather than actually threatening, though.

As for my community I live in currently. My college town is definately a lot better than my hometown however there's still cases of harassment and hazing that make me refrain from going all out. I just fear that wearing a skirt would draw too much attention, as it usually does when I do xp Maybe I will try when I can actually begin to pass well.

Are you sure your perception is not distorted? In any case, I believe generally that kind of repression is destructive on a spiritual level, and I would exhort you to end it when you are capable. Heed well my advice on self-defense and related configurations if your environment is actually dangerous.

Also I noticed you mentioned you have a lemonbrat satchel? I never knew they sold satchels.

Yeah, I very much value those small bags they sell which I have not seen elsewhere. http://lemonbrat.com/collections/satchels-totes  I have the fox one currently. I would be very much screwed if suddenly I was unable to use my satchel bag. It also very much helps that the aesthetical qualities are congruent with my overall themes of color and animals and adorableness.

What I meant was, occasionally you'll have people not there for the conventions who, often because of being drunk, will want to accost a convention attendee. It probably happens very rarely, but there might be the incident here and there outside the venue every year or so. As you said, those communities are highly LGBT-friendly, and I have noticed those who are fixated on fictional matters tend to be more progressive in general.

I've never had a negative experience from people at a convention, save for one time at Hooters (probably a place that doesn't see many femboys) when some idiot and his family started laughing uproariously upon seeing me and asked me nothing. That was disrespectful rather than actually threatening, though.

Are you sure your perception is not distorted? In any case, I believe generally that kind of repression is destructive on a spiritual level, and I would exhort you to end it when you are capable. Heed well my advice on self-defense and related configurations if your environment is actually dangerous.

Yeah, I very much value those small bags they sell which I have not seen elsewhere. http://lemonbrat.com/collections/satchels-totes  I have the fox one currently. I would be very much screwed if suddenly I was unable to use my satchel bag. It also very much helps that the aesthetical qualities are congruent with my overall themes of color and animals and adorableness.

Yeah I get ya x3 As for my personal perceptions, they probably are a bit distorted in a sense that I always assume the worst in most situations. Usually in thinking so I feel I'm keeping myself "safe" in way xp Idk I've been meaning to see my psychologist again, been too much going on in my life lately gender problems aside. I may be just insecure, but even then I'm really unsure about how I feel and am inside so I have a lot to figure out really. Generalized anxiety/panic coupled with identity issues are a bad combination.

I've been taking baby steps into expressing myself better. I've been letting some close friends know about my identity issues and they are very supportive. I just find it hard to wear skirts and whatnot outside of conventions as I feel it draws a bit of concern (not necessarily disdain) from my roommates and colleagues. Like in a way that they're kinda like "well oh that's different". I feel like if I explain things to my roommates they may understand a bit more clearly so at least I'd feel okay about it in my own apartment x3

And when you mentioned satchel I was thinking kind of a purse or small messenger bag, but totes are nice and it's still adorable x3

Edited by The Fabulous Darky

I don't do it because I'd probably be bashed by a lot of people around me. I live in the state where is pretty much all violence towards anyone who don't look, act and obey as straight. If you don't keep it to yourself in here, you'd end up in hospital in 2 days max, or if you are even more unlucky, in the morgue. Not gonna say exactly where I live, but trust me, it's a bloody part of Europe and feel lucky if you don't live here.

I never actually did it (yet), but it's likely impossible here. I won't say it's *sad* to be around a bunch of bad temper people because word "sad" is way too common now. Let me rather say that it's f'ed in my brain and it makes me hate people at some point too much.

Yeah I get ya x3 As for my personal perceptions, they probably are a bit distorted in a sense that I always assume the worst in most situations. Usually in thinking so I feel I'm keeping myself "safe" in way

There's a saying I very much believe in: Nothing ventured, nothing gained. What you describe is indeed 'safe', but does not empower you or grant you access to favorable interactions, either.

I may be just insecure, but even then I'm really unsure about how I feel and am inside so I have a lot to figure out really. Generalized anxiety/panic coupled with identity issues are a bad combination.

I have very heightened vulnerability to anxiety and thus I have to limit my exposure to things that exhaust or distress me. Sexual and gender realizations actually never caused distress or guilt within me.

I've been taking baby steps into expressing myself better. I've been letting some close friends know about my identity issues and they are very supportive.

My stance on friendship is, if they don't endorse your gender expressions, they're not real friends. You can 'separate the wheat from the chafe' by using this as a vetting tool. Those who oppose you aren't real friends.

I feel like if I explain things to my roommates they may understand a bit more clearly so at least I'd feel okay about it in my own apartment x3

If either you are the chief tenant of the apartment, or there are no chief tenants and you all are on the lease as equals, their opinions don't matter at all. In any event, gender expression is federally protected under the Sex category under the Fair Housing Act. If someone tries to evict you for this (I am in exactly this situation), be sure to document it with audio and/or text and then complain to HUD or the local agency they refer complaints to (they do the latter if that local agency offers at least as much protection as HUD).

And when you mentioned satchel I was thinking kind of a purse or small messenger bag, but totes are nice and it's still adorable x3

You misperused the site I linked. Both satchels and totes are on that page, and what I have is exactly as you just described you had envisioned.

Edited by Roketsune

• 4 years later...

I've done so since I was a kid haha. You know to me it is about self expression really. Though that said there are many types of crossdressers, there are some who are trans but don't want to transition. Self expression, fetish I believe I speak for most by saying it is simply something you feel the desire or I'd say need to do haha. 

Personally having done so since I was a kid it has been somewhat of a taboo for me, yet also having done since I was a kid you learn to embrace it. 

• Brohoof 1

I never have nor planning to, but I do have some gender-neutral clothes 

Dunno as a girl it doesn't even seem that weird to do so. I guess i'd like to wear boxers lol And more coats, jackets and stuff ya know. I already dress neutrally anyway it's just clothes after all. (Well rarity would take offense but nah lol)

I mean these days at least in my country hardly any girl wears a dress regularly and many don't like them.  As for womens clothes being more colourful not really all the clothes in the uk is drab coloured hahhah other than maybe in the spring. Everything is so dull and depressing and I've seen more colourful shirts in the men's section if anything. 

On 9/8/2013 at 3:49 AM, Sepia-chan said:

Cross dressing is a boy dressing as a girl or a girl dressing as a boy(it rocks)

Does that require both at the same time? Could be a problem.

It would be fun. Any girls around?

(edited)

I've cross-dressed at home when I've been on my own before, mostly out of curiosity, I wouldn't do it in public though or when I wasn't alone.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud
  • Brohoof 1

I've uhh... Definitely enjoyed the whole, skirt appeal and tried a skirt on with *ahem* lingerie. I guess that was my curious 16 year old brain at the time. Hormones raging. I would say I am heterosexual now though and yet I cross dressed during a confusing period of time. It was nice even if I haven't done it since. I guess it was a weird primal urge thing to experience it because of how 'taboo' it is.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

I say that people should wear what they want; if they want to crossdress, do it! You should always wear things that make you feel happy, comfortable and pretty. I'm completely sick of people putting others down and even oversexualising them purely because of how they dress. Anyone can wear whatever they like, and someone should not be seen as a sex object simply for dressing as they please; female, male, or otherwise, someone's clothing style does not equal their sexuality or consent.

• Brohoof 1

Is a woman wearing pants considered cross-dressing or is that so normal at this point that it isn’t cross-dressing? I’m just curious cause I know pretty much nothing about the subject. :sealed:

On 6/7/2020 at 8:02 AM, Lucky Bolt said:

I don't cross dress...unless wearing my boyfriend's shirts and hoodies counts. :ButtercupLaugh:

Nah, that’s just a part of a normal relationship ;)

I don't know if it counts as crossdressing because of my sex... Mmm... Maybe yes because I've actually been harrassed on the street because of it as weird as it sounds. It's so weird because even when women can wear "men's" clothes it's actually more like women have "men's clothes for women" if that is making any sense. And of course I don't like that because they kinda look the same but they do have very specific differences in how they are designed. It's like having unisex clothes for men and women... like they are not unisex then, are they? 

So I have clothes of everything because I just like certain clothing, from dresses to ponchos, to pants, leggings, shorts, t-shirts, jeans, tennis shoes, etc. I just buy whatever I like regardless of who it is for. But whenever I've tried to make a complete guy outfit, not even too extreme, just a stamped t-shirt or a polo and comfy jeans, comfy tennis shoes, and my binder, I get harrassed on the street sometimes. I suppose is because they confuse me with a gay guy because of my built. 

None the less I just like to wear whatever I like. Dresses not that much, neither skirts because I feel uncomfortable with the lewd looks from others, but shorts, t-shirts and hoodies are my preferred combo. I wish I could use my binder more often though but I feel uncomfortable on it after a while... Maybe it's not my correct size. I miss it.