Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cross-Dressing

Sepia-chan

Crossdressing for me is a fetish, but it's not something I engage in in real life. I like to see cute boys dressed up as girls in my hentai.

Edited by Guest

tumblr_lnw0uqNzR01qfp5mho1_500.jpg

Like they say on Glee, fashion has no gender. I'm starting to cross-dress a little bit now that I'm transitioning over. I wear a fair bit of makeup like lip gloss and eyeliner and I'm saving up for some Bare Minerals foundation.

CROSS DRESSING IS AWESOME <3

• Brohoof 2

I don't know what the problem is that society has with crossdressing. It's probably some silly religious notion. In the end, it's just clothes. I mean, there most certainly are some things that I don't ever want to have to see, like a man walking around outside with only tight panties on. ...But to be completely honest, I don't even like seeing men with their shirts off (Ew... gross! lol), so it's just a standard of decency I set in my mind that has nothing to do with crossdressing.

The notion that crossdressing is "indecent" by default is stupid and archaic. Women have come a long way in realizing this (that's not to say that there still aren't issues. Trust me, there are), but it seems like men have not even begun to... There's absolutely no reason that dresses of a good length wouldn't work for men. But look at me trying to make sense of the mind of a man, and their culture. I just can't. lol

• Brohoof 2

I don't know what the problem is that society has with crossdressing. It's probably some silly religious notion. In the end, it's just clothes. I mean, there most certainly are some things that I don't ever want to have to see, like a man walking around outside with only tight panties on. ...But to be completely honest, I don't even like seeing men with their shirts off (Ew... gross! lol), so it's just a standard of decency I set in my mind that has nothing to do with crossdressing.

The notion that crossdressing is "indecent" by default is stupid and archaic. Women have come a long way in realizing this (that's not to say that there still aren't issues. Trust me, there are), but it seems like men have not even begun to... There's absolutely no reason that dresses of a good length wouldn't work for men. But look at me trying to make sense of the mind of a man, and their culture. I just can't. lol

It's even more ironic that many of the things modern Western society considers "female attire" has been worn by men throughout history in countless of civilisations, and even still today in some parts of the world. Skirts, dresses, and makeup are but a few. So to say that there's an objective stance as to what men should wear and what women should wear already falls apart, and that's without me even ranting about how ridiculous the entire concept of strict gender-specific dress rules are.

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 1

What an interesting thread, I have nothing against it.

I have done it unintentionally, I can fit all clothes so it has happened that I've been in school wearing ehm.. girls pants or t-shirt but it's not like it matters. It's just sometimes clothes end up in the wrong drawer.

Only reason I'd cross-dress is for a convention, since Fluttershy is my favorite and I don't plan on doing a lousy cosplay, I'll go all in.. ;) Or maybe Braeburn. 

Anyway, don't let anyone tell you what to do, be random and have fun.

I don't do it regularly, but I have dressed as a woman before, when I was offered the role of an Ugly Sister a in Cinderella Rockafella panto my school was putting on. It was great fun!

Have I done it since? No.

Would I do it again? Probably.

I cross dress occasionally, but I don't really consider it to be cross dressing. I wear guys goodies and shirts occasion, but only because they're really baggy. Plus they keep me warm in the winter! ^_^ 

Tis has nothing to do with religion. It's the fact that 1. It's out of the norm and generally makes people uncomfortable as it is not part of the norm

2. other men feel threatened on their own personal masculinity when they see it

I have never cross dressed before nor would I oppose the thought of such a thing. I actually wouldn't mind trying it for once, but alas I have no such way of finding the necessary requirements to do so. Sad face.

Thanks for the compliments discord :3c I try my best to look pretty and cute x3

IIRC I do remember hearing about a verse in the bible that condemns men wearing women's clothing.

Just looked it up and found it damn tablet is not letting me copy-paste into here though.

But basically it says that a woman shouldn't wear male garb and neither should man do vice versa because it's detestable and shows rebellion.

And there's multiple meaning to it, some people say that the principle of it was so that man or woman wouldn't decieve one another to sin. The bible is very metaphorical so it's confusing and vague, but obviously haters love to use verses like this to put judgement on others when the bible even says that they shouldn't lol.

Also there's a theory that way back when there was a lot of religious wars went down men crossdressed as women so they could get out of war, so maybe that was tossed in to keep them from doing that since the bible was the equivalent of the law back then.

Tis has nothing to do with religion. It's the fact that 1. It's out of the norm and generally makes people uncomfortable as it is not part of the norm

2. other men feel threatened on their own personal masculinity when they see it

I would argue against that. It very likely does, for some people, have to do with archaic religious mindsets such as "God made you this way, so you must wear these clothes". But we don't need to make this an argument over religion. lol

As for number 2... Seriously? This is why I can not understand men for even one second. That just sounds like straight up insecurity to me.

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't call it cross-dressing so much as, "A good variety of clothing," I don't think anything is wrong with dressing in clothing meant for the other gender.  Shoot, types of clothing shouldn't be limited to one gender...  Unless it was a piece of clothing that was meant specifically for a certain type, such as maternity clothing or jock straps, etc...  Or you were a drag queen/king, I think that might be considered cross-dressing, depends on who it is though... 

I cross-dress fairly frequently; or at least I used to before I moved back in with my parents. (My dad would flip out.) I've got a couple of my own dresses, bras, skirts, etc. Hell, I own more makeup sets than my girlfriend does.  B)

In a way, cross-dressing is freeing for me; I've never felt completely comfortable being male, but also never 100% that I should have been female either. I kinda get the best of both worlds this way.  :)  Ever since I started, I don't think I've actually touched a pair of men's underwear; female underwear is just way too freaking comfy!

• Brohoof 3

Ever since I started, I don't think I've actually touched a pair of men's underwear; female underwear is just way too freaking comfy!

You should try women's socks. 2lTPE.png

Unlike men's socks, they're not made out of sandpaper and cacti needles. LxdwA.png

Though I suppose you could say the same thing for every item of clothing. 

• Brohoof 4

I am not sure if it would be considered crossdressing considering my inner gender, but I really want to dress myself in female clothing, though sadly I don't have the means to do so at the moment. I would kill for a awesome punk rock skirt and some nice emo armwarmers and long socks.

• Brohoof 1

Now you guys have me wanting to try women's socks and undies :P

In terms of socks and undies I go with "fashion designer" mens socks/briefs, which are sexy and feminine looking, stripy and colorful and all dat stuff I like. But I guess I could be more adventurous and try women's stuff x3

• Brohoof 1

You should try women's socks. img-1823981-1-2lTPE.png

Unlike men's socks, they're not made out of sandpaper and cacti needles. img-1823981-2-LxdwA.png

Though I suppose you could say the same thing for every item of clothing.

Women's socks are pretty great. I have a knee-high pair somewhere that I like to wear.

Also, tights/any leggings are pretty great for when it's cold.

Edited by Sepia-chan
  • Brohoof 1

I've never cross-dressed, and I have no idea if I would.

... Except wearing a skirt. I'm definitely doing that one of these days.

Anywho, I have nothing but respect for anyone who can properly crossdress. Heck, just crossdressing is respectable in my opinion.

So yeah, I don't, and doubt I ever fully will... but I will likely wear feminine clothing in the future (like the interest you guys have sparked in me with there socks... :/)

Edited by SomariFeyWright
  • Brohoof 1

Seeing the interest this thread is getting this forum needs a drag show thread or something, who's up for it? X3

I mean if I got a cute outfit together I'd totes post pics up lol. But then again we can use this thread for that but yeah.

Getting people to post their cross dressing pictures was one of my original intentions for this thread :3

On another note, I was once ALMOST caught cross dressing by my dad, which WOULD BE FUCKING TERRIBLE.

So I was dressing up in the bathroom and I forgot to lock the door so my dad started opening the door and I pushed it back closed, so I'm like "gimme a second lemme put my clothes on I was pooping" and I threw my girl clothes into the bathroom closet (thank god he didn't look there) and then I left. I was fucking gasping for air for an hour, I was legit terrified.

Women's socks are pretty great. I have a knee-high pair somewhere that I like to wear.

Also, tights/any leggings are pretty great for when it's cold.

I own a few pairs of leggings/tights. My favorite ones are these.

56-8-02.jpgd.jpg

They're pretty, and they also look good under ripped skinny jeans. Double usage. :x

• Brohoof 4

lol interesting story sepia. It's pretty darn brave of you to be crossdressing while living with possibly unaccepting/misunderstanding parents. I'm only starting to crossdress now that I moved out to college.

There's actually a drag show at my school around halloween and I could totes perform but I'd be too nervous to do that. Not nearly ready to present myself in show X3

• Brohoof 1

So because I was asleep when stuff was posted and I am a moron who can never manage to comment on things in a timely matter:

Hmm... You influenced me to put this in my clopping folder. (Except for Big Mac, WTF was that shit?!) And yeah, thank you for influencing me ._.

Oh dear lord, please tell me you guys are not planing to clop to Pip Squeak and Spike o_o

• Brohoof 1