Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cross-Dressing

Sepia-chan

I wouldn't mind cross dressing in typical guy clothing as long as it was still clear that I was a girl. No hiding my breasts or anything. Just being a female in a tuxedo would be awesome and cute. I have a bit of a... complex about being similar to a man and really don't want to look too masculine, so I'd be highly uncomfortable if I were told to completely cross dress and look like a guy.

Guys crossdressing as girls is something that can be difficult to pull off. They mostly don't look all that great, but I don't care either way. Go ahead and do it if it's fun. And if you actually fool me, then good on you! Very impressive.

I CAN say that I've once helped someone else crossdress. it was a strange experience and I think I enjoyed it a bit more than I was supposed to. :P

• Brohoof 1

People are free to do whatever they want, given it harms no one else or themselves. So there's no problem with cross-dressing. In fact, i've always wanted to try it out myself for once!

What?

Shut up... it seems fun...  >_>

• Brohoof 3

I have a rather feminine frame, so drunk me is often subject to many dares involving crossdressing. (We're mature people :P )
What's more unsettling is that they actually fit me, and how scarily good I look in them.

One of these days I'll probably end up going out whilst cross-dressing for a laugh.  :lol: 
(He says, when he's part of the betting pool as to whether or not he could pull a guy in a club)

I've only ever really worn gender-neutral clothing through sheer happenstance.  Every day I feel too neutral to be anything in either direction. Well ain't that just the wave of the future, huh.  Long live the hoodie.

Mostly just my feet cross-dress lol; I like and wear colorful girls' socks.  And maybe something here and there that could pass for unisex.  I think I'd like to fo' reals cross-dress at least once.  And take photos of myself.  Either because I would be sooooo pretty or because I would be sooooo hilariously not (much more likely the latter).

• Brohoof 2

The majority of the time that I've accidentally donned a pair of garments meant for the opposing gender, I have found them to be comfortable.  There was this pair of fuzzy black socks that I really liked, but kept slipping down my ankles while I walked.  I now take to wearing two pairs of socks for the utility, but at least one of them ought to be warm and cozy.  :-3

I'd wear a manly pair of socks and a girly pair at the same time.  Let none be the wiser.  > >,

If you've read any of my previous posts, you may know that I do a bit of cross-dressing. Well, my grandmother just had a talk with me about it. I've been openly wearing girls socks, pajamas, and clear nail polish on my fingernails. I've also been wearing colored polish on my toenails. I've been doing it for a while and she never really seemed to care. She even found out about the colored nail polish and didn't make a big deal out of it, though she did seem a bit disappointed. Well, recently we were talking and somehow got on the subject. Long story short, she doesn't really approve of my cross-dressing after all. I told her I like cute things and some feminine/girly things. She said the cute things were fine, but in her mind, I'm a man, and men aren't supposed to be 'girly' or wear women's clothing. I told her I've felt this way for a long time, even before MLP. I told her that I've been hiding it and trying to live up to everyone's expectations, but when I found MLP and came out as a brony, I realized it was better to be myself and stop worrying about what others think. It doesn't matter to her though. She has her preconceived beliefs and she blames herself. She thinks she spoiled me as a kid and didn't make me man up... or something like that.  :(  The way I see it though, it's a part of who I am. I don't think that's ever going to change and I believe suppressing it will just make things worse.

Anyway, she's not happy about it, but she didn't exactly tell me to stop cross-dressing, so although it makes me sad knowing that she's disappointed and worried about me, I'm relieved in a way too, because I don't have to hide it anymore. I can tell her I think something's cute (because she didn't say anything was wrong with that.  :P ) and I can keep cross-dressing to a certain extent. I'm not going to wear a dress or anything like that, of course (except maybe for cosplay...) but let's just say I've already thrown out all of my old socks.  ;)

• Brohoof 4

If you've read any of my previous posts, you may know that I do a bit of cross-dressing. Well, my grandmother just had a talk with me about it. I've been openly wearing girls socks, pajamas, and clear nail polish on my fingernails. I've also been wearing colored polish on my toenails. I've been doing it for a while and she never really seemed to care. She even found out about the colored nail polish and didn't make a big deal out of it, though she did seem a bit disappointed. Well, recently we were talking and somehow got on the subject. Long story short, she doesn't really approve of my cross-dressing after all. I told her I like cute things and some feminine/girly things. She said the cute things were fine, but in her mind, I'm a man, and men aren't supposed to be 'girly' or wear women's clothing. I told her I've felt this way for a long time, even before MLP. I told her that I've been hiding it and trying to live up to everyone's expectations, but when I found MLP and came out as a brony, I realized it was better to be myself and stop worrying about what others think. It doesn't matter to her though. She has her preconceived beliefs and she blames herself. She thinks she spoiled me as a kid and didn't make me man up... or something like that.  :(  The way I see it though, it's a part of who I am. I don't think that's ever going to change and I believe suppressing it will just make things worse.

Anyway, she's not happy about it, but she didn't exactly tell me to stop cross-dressing, so although it makes me sad knowing that she's disappointed and worried about me, I'm relieved in a way too, because I don't have to hide it anymore. I can tell her I think something's cute (because she didn't say anything was wrong with that.  :P ) and I can keep cross-dressing to a certain extent. I'm not going to wear a dress or anything like that, of course (except maybe for cosplay...) but let's just say I've already thrown out all of my old socks.  ;)

If I could somehow change my sex to female, just for the clothes, I might seriously consider it myself! :D

• Brohoof 2

If I could somehow change my sex to female, just for the clothes, I might seriously consider it myself! :D

Same here! Women's clothes are just so much better than men's, in my opinion. It's just not fair that they get so many different styles and fabrics and we get so little. That's primarily why I cross-dress. I wear women's pajamas because I like how soft and comfy they are and I wear women's socks because I like how cute and colourful they are. The only problem is, even though I wear those things, I won't go to the extent of wearing a dress or anything really feminine because it would look silly on me. That's why, sometimes... I think it may have been better if I had been born a girl. :blush: Then I could wear whatever I want and not only would no one would think anything of it, but it would look better on me too.

• Brohoof 5

I've crossed-dressed once, technically. I wore a skirt when I was healing something after... Well, nevermind... :P

Otherwise, I don't cross-dress. I could embarrass myself to my bros and parents... :blink:

I don't do it for dressing like a girl but to be comfortable, I have short shorts, 3/4 pants and crop tops in my closet, I principally wear them to stay comfy after being back home from work, however I do it in private since my mother and sister are fashion fanatics and my family is gender-centered so they can never see me wearing that, they don't even know I own those clothes, from the people I know in real life only my psycologist knows it :blush: The only almost-exception to wear inside bedroom are the crop tops, I wear them to sleep and if my sister isn't around I go out to the TV room or my PC wearing them.

I plan to add soft skirts and ballet flats (these will be very hard since there are not too much places here to buy them in private) to my collection, and color socks as an unisex option, probably for wearing in exteriors.

Edited by RainbowMau
  • Brohoof 1

When I was in Elementary my mom started letting me choose my own clothing out and instead of running to the little girls part of the store I would always shop in the boys section.

I literally wore dudes clothing from like 2nd grade to 6th grade. Shoes, shirts, pants, you name it. :P

Once I got into jr high I started getting self conscious of what I was wearing. I saw all these girls that wore cute clothes and I'm over here wearing men's clothing. Slowly I started leaning towards more girly outfits. 6th grade...was a mess. 7th grade I looked like pacsun threw up all over me. 8th grade was my hot topic phase...and after 9th grade I started to dress a lot more feminine. Now I pretty much wear bootcut jeans/shorts/rarely skirts and cute looking shirts/a hoodie if I'm feeling lazy, with sperrys/boots/sandals.

I still lounge around my house in men's shirts and basketball shorts. Kudos to the people that cross dress without fear or hesitation!(heck even if you have fear, still kudos to you!)That takes guts. Defying society, get cho fabulousness on.

Edited by Cupcakes14

I love to crossdress and a lot of people say I can pull it off. I only got as far as having one skirt and a few pairs of panties. My father almost had a heart attack when he found out I did it just for crossplay.

However I have wanted to do it for a long time and recently mustered up the courage to go out like so. It's great!

post-24175-0-45401000-1407167068_thumb.jpg

Edited by copper_coat_poni
  • Brohoof 4

It makes me feel happy to read of guys stories of acceptance with this. This thread has a lot more positive stories than I thought there would be, I hope that's a good sign the world is changing for the better.

I hope the world starts to open it's mind more and more to crossdressing. As a woman, I can feel completely at ease wearing a guy's hoodie, t shirt, jeans, etc, so it's just ridiculous that guys can be shamed for wearing cute socks, nail polish, dresses, skirts, etc.

Like, I'm not even called a "cross-dresser" for wearing guys' clothing - it's just "how I dress". I hope at some point guys wearing "female" clothing will be just as normal and acceptable as women wearing men's clothing. <3 

Keep truckin' you guys!  :wub:  You're all awesome!

• Brohoof 3

This is a thread relevant to my interests. The most totally cross I've done is thigh high stripey socks, arm warmers, and boyshorts (underwear). I wouldn't go much further, I prefer it moreso in a sensual fashion, or being playful, etc. Though I do like when some guys do some moderate cross dressing, not a whole lot. I guess casually, I do like some girlish(???) outfitting. Skinny jeans 4 sure, and I love the big sweatshirt kinda thing where the sleeves are just a tad too long. Hair wise, I adore medium/long hair, and I've been growing mine out for the past year or so, and I think I've found a point where I can stop and am satisfied. I just really like femboys haha. :3

What's the stance on kilts, anyway? Is it a manly skirt? Do women wear kilts and get told off for cross-dressing? If you paint a kilt a feminine color, does it make a difference?

It's questions like these that make me want to act 15% more random, because the concept of a kilt just nestles into one of those hidden crevices in a subject like this and just messes it all up. It's great.

EDIT: I keep forgetting words. Important words.

Edited by SkyDream

I have never really tried dressing like a boy before, but I know I can't pull it off even if I tried. Haha!

My opinion is very stern. Just do what you want to do, it's your life and it's not my place to judge. :)

• Brohoof 1

What's the stance on kilts, anyway? Is it a manly skirt? Do women wear kilts and get told off for cross-dressing? If you paint a kilt a feminine color, does it make a difference?

It's questions like these that make me want to act 15% more random, because the concept of a kilt just nestles into one of those hidden crevices in a subject like this and just messes it all up. It's great.

EDIT: I keep forgetting words. Important words.

I think they're pretty much gender neutral, they're mostly worn by men, but women wear them too. They're normally worn for formal things (The only time I've ever worn one was at a wedding.), but plenty of people wear them everyday. I'm pretty sure no-one would react negatively to a man wearing a kilt, in Scotland you'd probably get mostly positive reactions.

It's not technically cross-dressing to wear one, they're generally considered mens clothing, but they are still skirts, not really much different from skirts made for women. I guess you could say they're a safe halfway point to cross-dressing.

I think they're pretty much gender neutral, they're mostly worn by men, but women wear them too. They're normally worn for formal things (The only time I've ever worn one was at a wedding.), but plenty of people wear them everyday. I'm pretty sure no-one would react negatively to a man wearing a kilt, in Scotland you'd probably get mostly positive reactions.

It's not technically cross-dressing to wear one, they're generally considered mens clothing, but they are still skirts, not really much different from skirts made for women. I guess you could say they're a safe halfway point to cross-dressing.

I wouldn't mind wearing a kilt, but I've never seen anyone wearing them where I live, so it would still be awkward. Even though they're made for men, people are pretty culturally ignorant here. There would probably be a lot of people who think it's a skirt and even if they know what it is, I'd still get weird looks since it's so uncommon. I don't really want that kind of attention. (says the guy who wears pony shirts all the time... >.>)

If I ever wear anything like that, it would probably be for cosplay, though in that case, I think I'd be okay with wearing a skirt since cosplaying as the opposite gender is generally acceptable. (hence cross-play)

I wouldn't mind wearing a kilt, but I've never seen anyone wearing them where I live, so it would still be awkward. Even though they're made for men, people are pretty culturally ignorant here. There would probably be a lot of people who think it's a skirt and even if they know what it is, I'd still get weird looks since it's so uncommon. I don't really want that kind of attention. (says the guy who wears pony shirts all the time... >.>)

If I ever wear anything like that, it would probably be for cosplay, though in that case, I think I'd be okay with wearing a skirt since cosplaying as the opposite gender is generally acceptable. (hence cross-play)

Yeah, it unfortunately would get you noticed either way, I don't think they're very common anywhere. I lived in Scotland for 18 years of my life and I don't think I ever saw someone casually wearing a kilt, so I couldn't do it myself because of the attention it would draw.

Cosplay sounds so great, you can pretty much wear anything you want and no-one will think twice about it, I hope I get to do it sometime.

Contrary to what I said earlier, perhaps I don't really want to cross-dress, but rather were more comfortable clothes.

I mean, come on... clothing targeted towards women are just comfier, guise.