Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Diamond Tiara's mom is a nurse?

Never2muchpinkie

While rewatching Read it and Weep yesterday I noticed a definite similarity between Diamond Tiara and one of the nurses at the hospital. Same color coat. Same white highlights in the middle of their manes. According to the wikia, her name is Nurse Sweetheart. So what do you guys think. Have we made another familial connection? Although...she seems a little too nice to be DT's mother. At the same time, that might be why she's so spoiled. Mom is too nice to her. Heh. So Bab's threat probably wouldn't have came to anything anyway.diamond_tiara_vector__my_little_pony__fi

• Brohoof 7

Honestly, if this ever became canon...I'd be okay with it. It definitely be interesting to have a kind, caring nurse as the mother of a spoiled little girl. It's definitely interesting and I actually kind of hope it becomes canon. 

mother_s_day_with_sweetheart_and_tiara_b

Looks like someone else thought this as well. 

• Brohoof 7

Wow, I never noticed that! :blink:  I kind of hope that is the case. I've always felt that Diamond Tiara isn't a bully just because she's spoiled. That may be a part of it, but I think it could be that she's angry because she doesn't get enough attention from one or both of her parents.

• Brohoof 1

Wow they're like a splitting image of each other just with a different mane and tail nice find. I wouldn't mind this being canon besides it wouldn't hurt to give DT a little more development.

Edited by Rappy0

This is a great spot :D!

They fit the colour scheme of each other perfectly and it have a really nice feel to my head cannon :)!

@@Scootalove, Yeah, would make for a really nice episode and could give her some decent development :)! At the moment she is pretty much just a heartless bully :/.

• Brohoof 1

wow a very nice find....its quite a possibility. I guess we'll need to have ask tumblr's and fanfiction start running with the ball and see what fannon they come up with.

Hey if that ball starts rolling please let me know. I'd love to know that I helped inspire some new life into the fanfiction community. :wub:

Wow, I never noticed that! :blink:  I kind of hope that is the case. I've always felt that Diamond Tiara isn't a bully just because she's spoiled. That may be a part of it, but I think it could be that she's angry because she doesn't get enough attention from one or both of her parents.

WELL THANKS! :angry:  Now I have ANOTHER fanfic idea to go with the two that I'm working on.    :lol:  But seriously that is a good idea. My interpretation starts near the beginning of her life. She may got spoiled by her parents, but it's not the same as real love. They're also working a lot, and most of the time she gets left with a foalsitter. And that's why she bullied Applebloom so bad. She is jealous. They have a confrontation in which DT admits this, and Applebloom has to restrain her rage. "How dare you complain about that? At least you HAVE parents you can talk to. Mine are dead, and I didn't even get the chance to know them before they died."  Hee Hee. Thanks for sparking some new ideas in my head. :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Brohoof 2

If you went around comparing the colours of every pony with every other pony, you'd be sure to hit upon a number of pairs that match each other in colours. It doesn't make them related in any sense. DT's mom is whoever they decide to write in. If it is the nurse, great, but she's no more likely to be DT's mom than any other female pony we might have seen.

Edited by Full Spectrum

Hmmmm...

Head canon accepted. I wouldn't say it instantly gives Diamond Tiara depth, but it is an interesting contrast. It would raise the question of why a kid raised by perfectly nice ponies (Filthy Rich seemed like a decent enough dude) would be such a pain.

I dunno, maybe they're both uber-bitches in private.

If you went around comparing the colours of every pony with every other pony, you'd be sure to hit upon a number of pairs that match each other in colours. It doesn't make them related in any sense. DT's mom is whoever they decide to write in. If it is the nurse, great, but she's no more likely to be DT's mom than any other female pony we might have seen.

Well, thats why the topic ended in a question mark, and not a period. I'm only bringing up a possibility. Thats how the fanon of Dinky being Derpy's daughter caught on.  Besides, in terms of possibilities of being related I'd say its even more likely than Dinky/Derpy because of the hair highlights, a matching coat, and being the same type of pony(Both earth as oppsed to pegasus/unicorn) Sure, by the same vein I could make Bon Bon one of Sweetie Belle's family because of similar patterns in their hair, but as I said I'm just trying to bring up some new possibilities.    Maybe it's because Rarity is all over your profile pic and sig, but your reply came off a little snooty and dismissive. Should we not theorize and have fun doing it? Isn't that what a fanbase should do?

Hmmmm...

Head canon accepted. I wouldn't say it instantly gives Diamond Tiara depth, but it is an interesting contrast. It would raise the question of why a kid raised by perfectly nice ponies (Filthy Rich seemed like a decent enough dude) would be such a pain.

I dunno, maybe they're both uber-bitches in private.

I wonder if you start all your replies with HMMMM. Because that made me laugh. I read Hmmm and your profile pic made the same motion like it was in perfect sync.

• Brohoof 1

Well, thats why the topic ended in a question mark, and not a period. I'm only bringing up a possibility. Thats how the fanon of Dinky being Derpy's daughter caught on.  Besides, in terms of possibilities of being related I'd say its even more likely than Dinky/Derpy because of the hair highlights, a matching coat, and being the same type of pony(Both earth as oppsed to pegasus/unicorn) Sure, by the same vein I could make Bon Bon one of Sweetie Belle's family because of similar patterns in their hair, but as I said I'm just trying to bring up some new possibilities.    Maybe it's because Rarity is all over your profile pic and sig, but your reply came off a little snooty and dismissive. Should we not theorize and have fun doing it? Isn't that what a fanbase should do?

I apologize if I sounded snooty. You're of course welcome to speculate. I just personally don't see a superficial colour resemblance as enough grounds for theorizing a familial connection, at least not without something more to go on. This is simply because there are enough incidental characters in the show that colour similarities between them are inevitable. No offense was intended, but I did feel it necessary to point that out.

That said, don't let my skepticism stop you from coming up with theories. :D

Edited by Full Spectrum

HOW HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS!!!  :blink:

The similarities are... stunning, to say the least!

What is strange is how unknown this is... I don't doubt that there have been other who has seen this but I personally haven't seen anypony mentioning this...

Also, it would make sense for her Mom to be a nurse. Nurses spend a lot of time on duty which then would lead to Diamond Tiara having problem with getting her attention and so on...

Thank you for spotting this :lol: 

Hey if that ball starts rolling please let me know. I'd love to know that I helped inspire some new life into the fanfiction community. :wub:

WELL THANKS! :angry:  Now I have ANOTHER fanfic idea to go with the two that I'm working on.    :lol:  But seriously that is a good idea. My interpretation starts near the beginning of her life. She may got spoiled by her parents, but it's not the same as real love. They're also working a lot, and most of the time she gets left with a foalsitter. And that's why she bullied Applebloom so bad. She is jealous. They have a confrontation in which DT admits this, and Applebloom has to restrain her rage. "How dare you complain about that? At least you HAVE parents you can talk to. Mine are dead, and I didn't even get the chance to know them before they died."  Hee Hee. Thanks for sparking some new ideas in my head. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Ya know we all have talked pretty endlessly about AJ losing her parents (as illustrated by the 2 shooting stars) but really have NOT done the same with Applebloom's POV. If anyone really should be hurt harder its her much younger sister who was orphaned.

I apologize if I sounded snooty. You're of course welcome to speculate. I just personally don't see a superficial colour resemblance as enough grounds for theorizing a familial connection, at least not without something more to go on. This is simply because there are enough incidental characters in the show that colour similarities between them are inevitable. No offense was intended, but I did feel it necessary to point that out.

That said, don't let my skepticism stop you from coming up with theories. :D

Man I love this fandom! :wub: :wub: :wub: .  In any other show forum I probably would have been told to shove off.  I suppose you were necessary to curb my enthusiasm a little with a realistic perspective, as you're the only who so far to disagree. We don't have many confirmed sisters in the show. Only Apple/Apple and Rarity/Sweetie, and neither of them look too similar, aside from a white coat, but they are also main characters, which is why they have unique looks. Just like the nurse had a more unique look with her hair bun than the cut and poste palette swapped ponies all over.   I just think that the colors match TOO well. Same color eyes, coat, their manes are nearly the same color with the 'stripe' pattern.    Will she ever show up in an episode again? Who knows? But I guess I'm thinking of real life family, how I take after my dad's looks for example.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's an alright idea, if this is Diamond Tiara's mom. But I need a little more proof than they just look a like, so boom their family. Just because they look a like does not mean they are related. A lot of ponies don't look like their parents. Like Twilight and Shining Armor, Pinkie Pie, even Pound Cake does not look like his parents and Pumpkin looks exactly like her dad. So I need to see it happen in the show before I believe it.

Still it would make an interesting episode if that is the case.

Edited by pinkiefan1287
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, they may look alike, but that's because of the color scheme. I agree with pinkiefan1287 on that statement.

In my headcanon, Diamond Tiara's mom is a busy wealthy lady with a mean attitude which got Diamond Tiara started on being a bully. Her mother doesn't get to spend time with her daughter, which got me thinking that Diamond Tiara was lonely with just her father around, so she become friends with Sliver Spoon and pick on another ponies for fun. You see what I'm saying?

I don't think Nurse Sweetheat is her mother cause I can't see her in a wealthy lifestyle like Diamond Tiara and her father had, but that is a great theory you made up there. wink.png

• Brohoof 1

They are not similar enough for this hypothetical connection to work. I think Diamond Tiara's mother was mentioned in one of the comics; which is not canon but still better than inventing non-existent connections with other characters.

Yeah, they may look alike, but that's because of the color scheme. I agree with pinkiefan1287 on that statement.

In my headcanon, Diamond Tiara's mom is a busy wealthy lady with a mean attitude which got Diamond Tiara started on being a bully. Her mother doesn't get to spend time with her daughter, which got me thinking that Diamond Tiara was lonely with just her father around, so she become friends with Sliver Spoon and pick on another ponies for fun. You see what I'm saying?

I don't think Nurse Sweetheat is her mother cause I can't see her in a wealthy lifestyle like Diamond Tiara and her father had, but that is a great theory you made up there. img-1916402-1-wink.png

Well thats the whole point of a headcanon, Now, Filthy Rich does appear to be a decent guy despite his money, if a little arrogant. I can't see why he'd object to having a decent wife who makes it her lifes work to care for the less fortunate. In fact, given his families history, where his father(grandfather? I forget) was poor and on the brink of starvation before meeting Celestia, it only makes more sense that that kind of woman would appeal to him.  I get the point that some kids don't look like their parents, but as I stated, that's the fun of a headcanon. ITs where we get popular fanon like Dinky being Derpy's daughter, and Amethyst star her adopted daughter.

They are not similar enough for this hypothetical connection to work. I think Diamond Tiara's mother was mentioned in one of the comics; which is not canon but still better than inventing non-existent connections with other characters.

Aren't non-existant connections made with fanon all the time, like Dinky being Derpys daughter? Thats the whole point of fanon in the first place On a side note I LOVE your username. I'm doing a fanfic on the CMC going to Manehatten to visit Babs and meet her new friends, and they confront the bully from her old school, which I happened to name Diamond Spoon, as it just felt like the most appropriate name for a bully.  happy.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Thinking more of this pony as Diamond Tiara's mother:

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/120x130q90/36/vdp.bmp

The pony appears in 'Rainbow Falls.'

It might fit a good description if you think about it.

I found the mare by the booth, where Spitfire was getting massaged. The mare that's in charge of keeping the Wonderbolts awesome and fit? I say it works, just gotta think inside the chimney a bit!

Sure, she's a pegasus, but Diamond's Dad is an Earth pony, meaning DT could be an earth pony because of her dad AND inherit her dad's eye color. Besides, she seems to have a better resemblance in hair and coat. Her mane seems to only carry two white stripes, like Diamond Tiara, and has the same-ish wavy tail as Diamond Tiara. 

She makes a pretty good candidate for Diamond's mom.