Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If the Ponies looked less cute?

Bendy

If they looked more like actual horses and non cartoon, if even they were sapient minded like the show itself, I wouldn't want to date them. Franky, they would scare me a little, I'd still be their friends, but nothing more. But how about you? Would you still like the Ponies if they looked like horses? 

Maybe, I'm a jerk. But if I was unlikely enough to end up a non cartoon universe (where my body would turn cartoony too if a cartoon universe) of MLP FIM, and one these ugly Ponies asked me out, (Let's say Rainbow Dash) I might say something on along these lines.

Me: I was sorry Rainbow Dash, but I find all you Ponies too damn ugly. 

Maybe, that's a little insensitive and mean, I would have to say something better. But what should I say?

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 4

I'd still befriend them. I actually like horses anyway. There's alot of art work of ponies themselves being freaked out when they see another pony suddenly turn realistic for some reason. Usually either Pinkie, Lyra or Celestia. xD

Oh sweet merciful lord, I have no clue. I would s**t my pants if I saw a technicolor horse. Not a pony, but a horse. Plus the fact that they are sapient. A colorful, sapient horse. I have no clue. The art was what brought me into the show. So I'd honestly wouldn't know if I would look at them the same if they looked like horses.

Well, it all depends.

The old My Little Pony designs didn't appeal to me. They were actually quite disturbing to look at... *Shudders*

I think the designs they have now are perfect. They don't look much like real horses, but really, they'd look kinda... off, if they did. That's not saying I have anything against horses in real life! I think horses are beautiful, majestic creatures. I just think cartoons don't need to be so accurate with their depictions of animals. It's a cartoon. You can do whatever you want. If you want it to look realistic, just make it live-action! 

...Live-action My Little Pony? On second thought, let's not do that...

tumblr_m4bqz8BmdD1r9uzjyo1_500.jpg

Edited by Rinku
  • Brohoof 4

Frankly if they weren't drawn and animated in the cute style they are I'm not sure I'd like the show quite as much.

The art style is a good portion of why I like the show, aswell as what makes the ponies adorable.

I don't dislike the look of real horses exactly, but mlp horses are so much cuter. I don't think I'd like the show quite as much as it would look odd.

Idk maybe I wouldn't care, not sure.

Pony.Mov adds one real trait to the ponies. Namely Twilight who just takes a crap whenever she wants just like a real horse. Have to admit it was funny when she had a crap immediately after saying "I am a genious." and how it ruins group hug at the very end. XD

I can understand where you're getting at but this is a bit shortsighted and probably biased towards the animation of the show.

This is an example of what a REAL pony looks like:

pony.jpgYes it may not be "cute" whatever that means colorful or have a horn and have speech. But ponies in real life like horses, are nonetheless regarded as very majestic and beautiful creatures. 

and let's not forget the concept of beautiful, and moreover intelligent talking equines long preceded MLP with the houyhnhnms from Gulliver's Travels:

gulliver.jpeg

Sure more realistic equines probably would be less desirable to kiss (or procreate with), but they'd still be very nice wonderful creatures that I would gladly have as friends. The fact that they might be sentient and engage with me at my level is good enough for me.

If we had the exact same show but with real ponies, I think that would be HILARIOUS!! I'd totally watch that -- but you'd be more likely to see it late night on Adult Swim than Saturday morning on Hub.

So yeah, I'd still watch it. Probably for slightly different reasons (but a lot of the same reasons, too)

Oh, come on. I love horses and since its ''My Little Pony'' based I really won't mind at all. I have been loving all MLP generations in all my years but G4 has got to be the best character design including Equestria Girls even if itsn't canon or whatever. xD

The whole reason I think the ponies are so cute is because of the fact that they are designed so well and the fact that they DON'T look anything like horses. If Dashie looked more like a horse, I would have absolutely no attraction towards her. I wouldn't care if she was sapient minded or not...if she looked like an actual horse...then I would not be attracted to her cause that would be gross to be honest.

The older generations of MLP were more along the lines of realistic. They didn't have near the fan base that FiM has.

I like FiM because of the art style and because of how the character designs are(as well as many other reasons) so I don't think I'd be as big of a fan if they were more equine looking.

I also wouldn't have the huge crush I have on Flutters that I do if they were more realistic looking.

Yeaaaaa- No.

I'll just stick with the MLP we have now. While it doesn't necessarily make a character for me, I confess that I have a hard time watching anything if no one comes off as physically attractive, from a cuteness perspective. I have a soft spot for cuteness and without it, it's a real letdown.

Still, it'd be nice to see a bit less clopping in the world.

you can always take some hallucinogenics to see some MLP ponies but you might see this the-grudge-2-ju-on-22406863-1024-768.jpginstead of this MLP-wallpapers-my-little-pony-friendshipdont do drugs kids it can either kill you or scare the living crap out of you maybe both

Edited by Rarity_Luna

In the show ponys are mere symbolic replacements for humans, they share all the flaws and quirks we have.

Note: ponies are as different from real ponies as humans are from apes.

I like the fact that ponies have pretty much lost the equine face/muzzle. They look more human that way. Ponies also do not have the distended swaying belly they do in real life. Real ponies need such a belly because grass is low in nutrition. Equestrian ponies farm food high in nutrition, hence no huge guts.

The simple fact that ponies are civilized, has evolved/changed their appearance to be much more human (and pleasing to us).

I like that MLP FIM ponies look like us. It is much easier to connect with the characters and like them.

I'd.. well, I probably wouldn't appreciate the show as much. 

I mean, imagine real horses having unnatural voices, with horns and wings, especially with color! How would their cutie marks look like and how would Princess CELESTIA look like? Her mane wouldn't be as flowy...

I would've been a huge hater.

Edited by Shaymin