• Nintendo
    • Platinum Studios
    • Rareware
    • Retro
    • THQ
    • Ubisoft
    • Valve
    • Visceral

This is a poll on what your favourite game companies are, if you need me to add any, please mention me with @Lag Spike and I'll be sure to add it as soon as I can.

Remember that the forum rules still apply here and that it is preferred that there is no in-fighting, if you want to argue about certain companies please take it to PM, thank you.

Also something I should mention, this is a poll about the company as of now, not what they may of been in the past, please take this into consideration when answering.

Edited by Lag Spike

Nintendo

Sony

Platinum/Clover Studios

Grasshopper Manufacture

Retro

Old Rare

Old Square

Old Capcom

Valve

Rockstar

Irrational Games
Wayforward

right, this is a simple question, what is the best game company of any kind

be warned though, its a one vote question only, so you can't vote for your second and third favourite.

some things I would like to ask for

• No flaming.
  • No "shitting" over other companies.
  • enjoy other people opinions if you can

thanks smile.png

anyway for personal opinion, I say that Valve is the best games company since they tend to be original and develop their games for a long period so that they can create a decent game.

I would have to say Bethesda. They're the creators of the Fallout games and the Elder Scrolls games, both of which are some of the best games of their times, if not the best.

be warned though, its a one vote question only, so you can't vote for your second and third favourite.

• No flaming.

thanks smile.png

anyway for personal opinion, I say that Valve is the best games company since they tend to be original and develop their games for a long period so that they can create a decent game.

EDIT:

this is where I will answer or correct things

actually interplay made the fallout games, Bethesda only had a contract with them to make Fallout 3 and NV, the contract goes out of date next year 

Paradox needs to be added! They are both a devloper and a publisher, well, they got "two departments" or something, but it's all the same company as far as I know.

They've made: Crusader Kings series, Europa Universalis series, War of The Roses (publisher), Sengoku, Magicka... more...

I don't have a favorite myself, my favorite games are usually indie games, and if I would name those my favorite developers, it would be kinda weird, since they only made one game so far... I guess, add Freebird Games aswell! (They/he who made To The Moon!!)

That's got a fancy name atleast, the other indie games I like, just got weirdo mumbo jumbo names, if they don't use their own name

Wow that is so hard to choose especially since sony shuttered Zipper Interactive(Creators of the great SOCOM series) guess i would split it between SONY Activision and Bethseda. On a side note please dont add Slant 6

I really dig Bethesda, for Elder Scrolls and the Fallout games.

Gearbox with the Borderlands games as well.

Old Rare, for N64, I just miss that.

To me, it doesn't really matter which developer or publisher is the best. All that matters is the games that gets published. 

Although, I do have soft spots for Valve, Nintendo, Rockstar, and others.

Sorry I can't help but flame when you put EA on that list. Ok instead of flaming I'll laugh my head off. EA got voted the worst company 2 years straight. That's not just for gaming companies, overall the worst company ever. Every game they touch becomes crap. The only goodness is EA sports which is also known for its many disliked decisions.

I'd say Blizzard, I've been a fan quite a while. I love the amount of strategy involved in their games and they come out with lovely soundtracks. Although I hate Diablo 3...

I don't really have a favorite, but I do enjoy Valve, Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sega for the most part. I don't focus on company names and I just enjoy what the game is, not who made it. I also rather like Rockstar and Konami (pretty much only because of the Silent Hill Franchise). 

Hmm... I'd say Valve and Quantic Dream.

Although Valve is my absolute favorite, because of Portal and Half-Life. 

I liked Heavy Rain from Quantic Dream, as well as their other new game; Beyond: Two Souls. They were pretty good. 

I'd honestly have to say Grasshopper because I've loved the hell out of every Suda51 game I've played so far(both No More Heroes, and Shadows of the Damned) and I have Killer7 for the Gamecube hanging around that I need to take for a spin. 

• No flaming.

thanks img-1944548-1-smile.png

EDIT:

this is where I will answer or correct things

actually interplay made the fallout games, Bethesda only had a contract with them to make Fallout 3 and NV, the contract goes out of date next year 

Q: can you add old versions of companies? (e.g. Rare)

A: sorry but no, this is a poll about your favourite companies as a whole.

it is in the list already, its the fourth one

I don't see From Software up there... They've made a couple of really excellent games (Armoured Core and Front Mission are the two that come most immediately to mind.)

I'm gonna be a complete fanboy and say Valve.
Simply because they've never made a bad game apart from Ricochet probably.

That and their games always seem to have very good back and sometimes very deep back-stories.
There always seems to be more than just the game with Valve.

In no particular order:

Square Enix

Media.Vision

Sonic Team

Atlus

Why?

Square Enix brings me Final Fantasy which always has amazing designs in both characters and gameplay, even if they sometimes fall short and potential is wasted. They also play around with one of my favorite ideas: The multiverse theory. Kingdom Hearts would probably be a fantastic series without the Disney but because they believe the Disney portions hold most of their fanbase they don't get rid of it.

Media.Vision made the Wild Arms series. My favorite RPG series of all time. Not only do they mix one of my favorite settings, western, they also tend to ask questions about the nature of humanity in every single game in one way or another. The philosophical notions and the western with a bit of sci-fi setting goes together quite well.

Sonic Team cuz I love the Sonic games and in spite of what everyone else thinks I love the fact that they are always trying new formulas in the games. Always adding something new or even totally changing everything. Every game is a fresh ride because of it regardless of whether they get things absolutely right or not.

Atlus did something special with the Shin Megami Tensei games. They always have an amazing setting with very awesome characters, even if they are pandering to a specific audience sometimes like the anime romantic comedy style that Persona has, and the gameplay is always very solid and often equally as deep. They also brought Baroque over to the US which is also a great game for atmosphere and one of the few Roguelikes that aren't indie games. I love Roguelikes. :P

It has come to my attention that I should read the topic more thoroughly and vote and say only one instead of multiple like an asshole.

Oh well, the post is there and my reasons with it. CONVERSATION, AHOY!

Edited by Discordian

Bethesda is definitely my favorite game developer, hands down.

Their games are always amazing and overflowing with content.

Fallout is my favorite gaming series as well, I love it to death. I am a huge Fallout nerd and I can't wait for anything Fallout related to come out in the future.

This is actually false.

Interplay started the Fallout series, you are right about that.

And yes they did originally only have a contract with Interplay but not too long ago Bethesda purchased the rights to Fallout so now it's theirs to do as they wish.

I always liked Epic (of Epic Megagames) for their work on the Unreal and Unreal Tournament series, among other games.   Valve Software can be praised vigorously as well.

But now, I have to leave the mainstream and go for the more Indie side of things.

The Developer of Limit Theory, a procedurally generated space combat and exploration game, is able to express his thoughts and progress daily, almost without exception, keeping all of its backers in the loop without a pain or concern.  It's remarkable what he's doing all on his own, really.  If you enjoyed the game Freelancer, you'd get quite a kick out of his conceptualization for what his ideal Freelancer-like game is.  Go check it out.

Then on the "Dungeon Keeper meets The Settlers 3" side of things, there's Dwelvers.  The game's developer works incredibly fast, it feels.  He's doing it just about on his own, and for barely any money, with barely any audience, but the game he's making reflects some sort of highly altruistic, incredibly interactive soul who really is working his hardest to make as many people happy as possible.  I'm simply touched by his devotion to both his audience and his game, to the point where I don't know which he values first.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...