Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like or dislike fedoras? Why?

Emperor Posh

119 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like fedoras?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Neutral!

I actually like fedoras. They look very classy.

I'm indifferent to the fedora groups, however. Sure, they don't look the greatest if mismatched, but honestly, who cares? I'd rather remember this kind of hat for how great it looks instead of the stereotypes around it.

• Brohoof 2

I love fedoras, although I don't have many clothes that can match them. So even if I had a fedora, I wouldn't be able to wear it most of the time (except when at home xD)

Yes I think they look good on people and ponies. Indiana Jones is a fictional character that wears one and Michael Jackson wore one a lot when performing live. They used to be popular in the past. Nowadays, snapback hats and beanies are the ones most people wear nowadays.

• Brohoof 1

This. Also, I do not understand why trilbys are so universally reviled. Is it because they look stupid?

In short it is a bunch of people that see awesome people with fedoras and because they have actually no idea what a fedora is they go out and buy the closest looking thing and are like, "Hey everyone look how classy I am mmmmmmm'lady." And in the end they are cheap creeps that are trying to ride on the tail coats of a once classy hat. In short you look like the biggest wanna be alive and even if you do get a true fedora you'll never be as cool or classy as other people because all neck beards do is sit online as white nights trying to get even one female to notice them...

If you can't tell I have a large disstain for people that think they look cool but in the end are just fools. (Kind of like black and red alicorn oc's)

Edited by Panne
  • Brohoof 1

This... Isn't photoshopped, is it? This is actually real, right?

Did that comic come out in the Adam West Batman era?

How do you think Captain America got his start? This long predates Adam West as Batman.

And more on topic, it was the era that made the fedora synonymous with cool.

In short it is a bunch of people that see awesome people with fedoras and because they have actually no idea what a fedora is they go out and buy the closest looking thing and are like, "Hey everyone look how classy I am mmmmmmm'lady." And in the end they are cheap creeps that are trying to ride on the tail coats of a once classy hat. In short you look like the biggest wanna be alive and even if you do get a true fedora you'll never be as cool or classy as other people because all neck beards do is sit online as white nights trying to get even one female to notice them...

If you can't tell I have a large disstain for people that think they look cool but in the end are just fools. (Kind of like black and red alicorn oc's)

Sums up my view on fedoras. (And on black and red alicorn OCs :P)

I'm pretty neutral when it comes to fedoras. I can't pull off any sort of hat to save my life, but I don't hold it against anyone who can!

In other words, if you can rock it, then rock it!

I don't have a problem with fedoras as a design, but only a few people can actually wear it and not look awful. Statistically, most of everyone I've seen wearing a fedora are not among those few people.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 1

Do you like or dislike fedoras? Why? Just a question because I am interested as to why some bronies like or dislike them.

img-1964203-1-hFS4Glt.png

For those who may not know what a fedora is click here!

Ok so fixed the poll, though I cannot fix the amounts.

Old amounts:

Yes!: 9

No!:7

Nuetral!:3

That isnot a fedora, that's a trilby

I don't wear hat hats.  Like ever.  I'll sometimes put on a beanie.  When my head is cold.  But that's as close to hat-wearing as I'll dare venture.  That being said: I don't care for the look of the trilby.  A fedora is, by comparison, a more appealing looking hat, but I still don't wear one.  But, if I had my way, everyone would wear top hats.  Monocles would of course be optional.  Although, inevitably, some people would begin to disparage the top hat-wearers; labeling the lot of them monocle-loving "face beards."  Who regularly eat puppies.

...IF YOU WANT TO WEAR A HAT WEAR A HAT! xD  If you don't want to wear a hat, don't wear a hat.  You aren't breaking a law either way.  A hat doesn't make you anything other than someone wearing a hat.  Go watch Boxtrolls, you'll learn a thing or two about hats and how flipping insignificant they actually are lol.

Top hats are still cool, though; I stand by that.

Edited by Ziggy and Angelbaby
  • Brohoof 1

I give you the most important reason why:

img-3456492-1-6.jpg

Second reason, they just look generally cool. Unfortunately they don't really work with me. The man makes the hat in almost all cases.

Quite true! I think fedoras take a certain "look" to look good in. For example: 

gallery_15.jpg

Harrison Ford looks good in a fedora because the wardrobe looks good. You can't just walk out of your house wearing a fedora with some jeans and a T-shirt. It has to GO with something. At least try to dress accordingly when wearing a fedora. A collared, long sleeve shirt is a MUST. 

• Brohoof 4