Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often do you buy new clothes?

Sunlight

I get new clothes whenever I can. They're usually in the moment when I buy them though. As for how much I spend, I try to keep it reasonable- I rather spend $80 on a handful of clothes rather than for one piece of clothing. However, I'm also really selective on what I wear, so the buying isn't a very frequent thing.

• 3 years later...

I typically just buy new clothes(mostly from the thrift store) whenever I need them.  Since I'm pretty set on what I have, the last time I bought clothes was maybe 4 months ago?

Basically every x-mas since it's was the easiest thing to get for me. But not too often overall.

I buy clothes once a year unless I suddenly have a particular requirement to fulfill, or if I see something I really like that doesn't cost too much. I like to make my clothes last, and since a lot of them come from vintage/thrift shops, I can get replacements without spending too much.  

• Brohoof 1

Not often. When it is not something important like for example new shoes because my old shoes got broken and I need new one or I need something for a travel (like walking boots), then I only buy new clothes when I have the time and mood buying new one. And this happens only a few times in the year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I only buy clothes every few years now, but I generally try to buy threads of a higher quality. Aside from socks and underwear of course, those get replaced much more frequently!

• Brohoof 1

I buy new clothes to replace worn out clothes. Also, stuff like shirts gets used in multiple levels - the new shirt gets used when going outside, to work etc, then later, when it's too worn to be acceptable, I use it at home, until it holes start appearing. I sometimes patch those holes and continue using the shirt at home.

I use shoes until they wear out, then get them repaired. If they are too worn to be repaired, I buy new ones.

I'm not poor, I'm just cheap and do not want to throw away clothes that I think still can be used. Also, trying out clothes and shoes (in my country the "size" spec of clothes is arbitrary - you can get two different shirts of the same "size", but one would fit you and one would be too small/large) is somewhat annoying for me.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Kadae said:

I only buy clothes every few years now, but I generally try to buy threads of a higher quality. Aside from socks and underwear of course, those get replaced much more frequently!

Same goes for me. :) It takes a while until clothes are getting worn out.

• Brohoof 1

Right now, I'm buying new stuff each month to build up a new wardrobe. This month, I bought two new blouses and two new waistcoats. Not sure what I'll get next month though. Pretty much depends on what catches my eye. Plenty of shoes that I like the look of right now. :-P

• Brohoof 2

On 1/18/2020 at 6:35 AM, Booker said:

When the ones I have fall apart, or I see something I really like and don't have anything bigger I'm saving up for. So not very often.

This

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...