Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Like having Tanned Skin?

Adente

100 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like being tanned?

• Its nice to be golden
    • No opinion
    • No, I prefer being pale

Wow, I'm going to sound really effeminate for saying this... :lol: Anyways, as Winter approaches and brings with it short, cold days and a sun that's low in the sky when its actually up, is anyone irritated at how pale you get in the winter? (I guess this doesn't really apply to our friends down under, but it will in six months) I really don't like how white my skin gets when winter comes, and how quickly my summer tan fades. What about you guys? Are you also put off by the cold, not-sunny weather and the pasty skin it brings?

Edited by Windy Runner

I'm pale year round. Tans look gross and I hate them with all my being. 

Well, when I say tan, I don't mean an overdone Jersey Shore-esque orange, I just mean a healthy golden glow. I just feel..... healthier and fitter when I'm tan, if that makes any sense...?  :huh:

God yes, I hate being pale. Makes me look lifeless. I prefer my tan.

I know! I can't stand pictures of me in the dead of Winter! I'm like "That's.... me???" You know what I mean?

I honestly wish I could tan the way my brother does. Normally we look almost exactly like each other relative to our ages (he is only 9 whereas I'm 26), but I only go red under the sun but despite being as pale as each other normally, he tans like a sun god T_T

Edited by Freedan

I get workers tan alot when I walk, its kind funny as i can compare the tan of my arms compared to my normal pale skin. When I tan my skin doesn't really change colour, it some how looks darker yet white as all hell. XD

I'm usually rather pale, though it seems like my skin color is a bit darker so it seems like I have a bit of tan. I neither like or hate having tanned skin. Only during the summer I get some tan though, my skin usually stays a bit tanned. I guess it's okay to have a little tan, I definitely think that other people look good being tanned, again only a little tanned.

I think that whether you are pale or golden doesn't matter, if you look good either way it doesn't matter.

I dislike tan skin. I prefer to be pale as it fits me better than tan. I have nothing against tan skin, it is just something not meant for me.

Edited by SmartyPants

Well, I'm English, Irish and Scottish, so you can imagine how dark I get in the Summer.

Spoiler Alert:

I'm whiter than sour cream all year long.

Haha that's funny!  :lol:  But its really weird, I'm the exact same heritage as you, and yet I tan extremely easily. That's really odd... I wonder how that works?

I can't really be pale due to my ethnicity. So I'm already as tan as I'd like to be, hence, I avoid the sun. It's a good moderate light caramel/creamish color though. :3

Honestly, I prefer a good healthy medium between tan and pale. Neither too blatantly white nor too tanned... just about right. Kind of like how I like my toast, really. Not too burnt.

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough
  • Brohoof 1

If i could tan easier, i would just let it happen. But the only way i tan is if i sunburn first. Under the sunburn there's always a slight tan. Thing is, I hate burning more than i like being tan.

So i'm perpetually pale and pasty and i'm happy in my current, non skin-cancered state.

Edited by crazitaco

Yeah I prefer being tan. I just think I look better when I'm tan (not that I don't look amazing year round B)  jk). I tan easily in the summer but then as winter approaches it just slowly goes away until I am pretty pale.

I can't really be pale due to my ethnicity. So I'm already as tan as I'd like to be, hence, I avoid the sun. It's a good moderate light caramel/creamish color though. :3

Honestly, I prefer a good healthy medium between tan and pale. Neither too blatantly white nor too tanned... just about right. Kind of like how I like my toast, really. Not too burnt.

You're naturally tan? Lucky! Also, what ethnicity are you? Hispanic? Italian?

You're naturally tan? Lucky! Also, what ethnicity are you? Hispanic? Italian?

I'm Hispanic, but I'm probably not all that dark as you're thinking. I'm actually one of the lighter ones in my family, but I stand out against a white person, that's for sure. XD

• Brohoof 1

I'm Hispanic, but I'm probably not all that dark as you're thinking. I'm actually one of the lighter ones in my family, but I stand out against a white person, that's for sure. XD

I know what you mean! I'm 50% Hispanic, 50% Polish, and I'm naturally way bronzer than my sister. Its really weird how much skin tone can vary even within a family.

Haha that's funny!  :lol:  But its really weird, I'm the exact same heritage as you, and yet I tan extremely easily. That's really odd... I wonder how that works?

I did forget to mention that I rarely leave my house, and when I do, it's in my forested backyard.