Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Like having Tanned Skin?

Adente

100 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like being tanned?

• Its nice to be golden
    • No opinion
    • No, I prefer being pale

I don't really go outside, so I don't even know how I look with tanned skin. Not only that, I'm only either pale or stuck with a sunburn, though if I'm outside long enough that does eventually turn into a bit of a tan. The lines left by clothes and stuff don't look very good to me though :derp:

Either way, it's not really good for your skin to be blasted with sun all the time.

Edited by meme

Tanned skin would look so weird on me. Even then, tanning in general to me seems kind of pointless honestly. So, in short, no I don't like having tanned skin.

Even if I tried to get one, it wouldn't work. I get really bad burns instead of getting tan. Probably a good thing, because after all too much Vitamin D or time in a tanning booth can cause skin cancer, or so I've heard too many times to count.

Funny thing is, I didn't tan very well when I was younger. I didn't really burn either, just that what little tan I got faded away really quickly. As I got older though, I find I don't heal as quickly and along with that I do tan more and don't recover as fast along with it. 

I'm of Celtic descent, I don't tan very well but I have enough freckles for someone with poor vision to confuse me with a tanned person.

I try and go out into the sun as much as I can... I don’t really enjoy looking like a glass of milk :P 

I’d never go to a tanning salon or apply bronzer though, au naturel is the way to go for me :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Being tan is no more important to me than being fashionable. If it's done artificially or by spending hours in the sun, It's just another way of modifying one's appearance. It's also a great way to get skin cancer if not protected. I don't care what I look like so I don't try to get tan. My skin is very pale because I'm mostly nocturnal and I sunburn badly when I finally do see actual daylight. It looks fine on those who have the color, but I don't see any point in making an effort to acquire it. I like a natural look, whatever that look may be. 

My skin is naturally tan, which I don't mind. Although I guess you could say I'm impartial to it, since it wouldn't be the type of thing that I would jump over hurdles to achieve.

• Brohoof 1

Well...my skin is already brown ahaha

but I do tan to make it proportional. 

Sometimes my arms and face get really dark (i like to go for 1-2 Hour runs in the summer so lots of sun, and it makes my stomach and chest look white compared to everything else. And my upper legs too. 

I used to be really tanned beside I was always outside and didn't really take care of my skin back then.

Now I wear sunscreen every day out and took on a skin care routine and I've become lighter. Also preferring to be indoors also helps.

If I could, I'd like to have a lighter complexion.

• 4 weeks later...

I don’t mind having tanned skin, even though I seldom have it. I live in Southern Cal so I get my fair share of sunshine, but I almost always use sunscreen of some sort. I’m not supposed to get too much color because I have to maintain a certain skin tone for my job, so I try to keep it natural and not too dark or too light. 

As far as looks goes, I would prefer to not be tanned. But I work primarily outside in the sun, so not only is it unavoidable, it serves a function in that I am kept from burning.

I don't get tanned skin, I just burn. :dash:
Jokes aside, I don't exactly like having a tan for some reason. Maybe it's that I think tan lines look really unappealing or that me having tanned skin would look off because I'm always pale. Either way sunscreen is my best friend in the summer since even though the first sentence is a bit exaggerated, it does have a lot of truth to it as well.

When I was a kid my skin was kinda tan. This was because we didn't have a car, and we lived in the desert. I'd have to walk long distances near daily in the heat, and got a tan from it. Though now I've lost my tan since I didn't need to walk around as often. Though I couldn't careless either way. Still weird though when I look at old pictures of me.