• Search

Register now to remove this ad.

MLP: Friendship is Magic (Desktop Icons)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Tyger

Tyger

Bunny

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:25 PM

Post a screenshot of your desktop icons and share them with the MLPForums.com community. MLPdesktopicons.png

#2 FLARE

FLARE

Crazy Cow!

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:08 PM

cool, did you make them?

#3 Slendermane

Slendermane

Adorible Eldric Abomination.

• Members

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:37 AM

I want that iTunes icon.

#4 Viscra Maelstrom

Viscra Maelstrom

Princess

• Members

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:43 AM

Well, there are these ones:

Posted Image

And that's not even all of the icons available! They're available for download here.

#5 Zoop

Zoop

Retired Shazbotologist

• Subscribers

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:57 PM

Well, there are these ones

Holy hell.

The link. I go.

#6 Apple Bloom

Apple Bloom

Cutie Mark Crusader

• Moderators

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:44 PM

I use these.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Finesthour

Finesthour

The Finest Hour

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:08 AM

I realy wish I could download these ._.

#8 Spider's Claw

Spider's Claw

Parasprite

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:37 PM

icons

The Lunascape icon caught my eye immediately. I love custom icons so much, so I guess I know what IIIIIIII'm going to be doing for the next half hour!

Edited by Spider's Claw, 08 November 2011 - 12:37 PM.

#9 Marshmallow

Marshmallow

The original Lady Rarity

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:12 PM

I realy wish I could download these ._.

What's stopping you? :P

#10 Spider's Claw

Spider's Claw

Parasprite

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:13 PM

What's stopping you? :P

Probably those awful parental controls on his laptop and/or anti-pony parents.

Edited by Spider's Claw, 08 November 2011 - 02:14 PM.

#11 Finesthour

Finesthour

The Finest Hour

• Members

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:09 PM

Probably those awful parental controls on his laptop and/or anti-pony parents.

Both.

#12 FLARE

FLARE

Crazy Cow!

• Members

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:35 PM

Post a screenshot of your desktop icons and share them with the MLPForums.com community.

MLPdesktopicons.png

Actually now that I think of it, I have seen these before, in a MLP themed theme for winter board on my ipod Touch. its the only theme I use ;)
oh and if you have an ipod touch/iphone and are wondering what I am going on about, its because I am jail broken...

Edited by flare03, 09 November 2011 - 10:36 PM.

#13 DJ ClockWork

DJ ClockWork

Cupcake

• Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

Woah those are epic, im tots downloading

#14 Stoner Spike

Stoner Spike

Bunny

• Members

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

Posted Image
Now, I need help setting my icons to that, unless it's automatic.

By the way, what about that Desktop Ponies thing? I downloaded it and it works about the same as the FiM wallpaper app on my phone, but whenever I open it, it says "No ponies selected" or something?

#15 Arrow

Arrow

Bunny

• Members

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:20 AM

I use these.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Those are awesome, but I'm so stupid that I don't even understand how to apply them ;__;

#16 Thereisnospoon303

Thereisnospoon303

Moon Rabbit

• Administrators

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:02 AM

Those are awesome, but I'm so stupid that I don't even understand how to apply them ;__;

First, you'll have to download the .zip (or .rar) files provided by the creators. In this case, go to this page; note that a new link is provided in the comments section below.

Once you download the files, find a place to unzip the document. I suggest making your own dedicated folder for the icons. Then, if you are using Windows, go to your Start button, click on it, go to Search, and type in "Personalization" (omit quotations). This is where you normally edit themes and appearance such as your desktop wallpaper.

On the side bar there should be a "Change desktop icons" selection listed. Click on it, and then you'll see your desktop icons listed. Click on one of them, select "Change Icon", and then search for the appropriate image file. From my understanding, you need to find the .icon file, not .png. Otherwise, it won't properly replace the icon.

Another more specific method is to right-click on an icon, select "Properties", then select "Shortcut", and then click on "Change Icon..." at the bottom.

And there you have it. :)

#17 Arrow

Arrow

Bunny

• Members

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

First, you'll have to download the .zip (or .rar) files provided by the creators. In this case, go to this page; note that a new link is provided in the comments section below.

Once you download the files, find a place to unzip the document. I suggest making your own dedicated folder for the icons. Then, if you are using Windows, go to your Start button, click on it, go to Search, and type in "Personalization" (omit quotations). This is where you normally edit themes and appearance such as your desktop wallpaper.

On the side bar there should be a "Change desktop icons" selection listed. Click on it, and then you'll see your desktop icons listed. Click on one of them, select "Change Icon", and then search for the appropriate image file. From my understanding, you need to find the .icon file, not .png. Otherwise, it won't properly replace the icon.

Another more specific method is to right-click on an icon, select "Properties", then select "Shortcut", and then click on "Change Icon..." at the bottom.

And there you have it. :)

Oh yeah, thanks a bunch! Works flawlessly!

#18 Colon Leftbracket

Colon Leftbracket

The Almighty Twibop

• Members

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

Well, there are these ones:

Posted Image

And that's not even all of the icons available! They're available for download here.

Oh man and I was gunna just customize my own! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users