Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you still sleep with a teddy bear/stuffed animal?

swordsman

stuff animal's you sleep with  

215 users have voted

1. 1. what kind of stuff animal you sleep with

• poines
    • teddy bear
    • wood land animals(racoons, foxes, deers, ect)
    • dog
    • cat
    • other

I'll sleep with anything. Er, that came out wrong...

I have tons of stuffed animals. I came to the country I live in with one stuffed animal. Three years later, I now have over 30. How do they keep getting in my house?! D:

I'm cool with sleeping with any of them, but I have a few favorites. I have a giant bear body pillow which is good, because it keeps my whole body occupied, a mouse I got from Dave & Buster's (the one I originally brought with me) which is about 18 inches tall and a prairie dog which is about 10 inches tall. If I don't have access to those, I'll do with what I have, but those are my go-to guys. The body pillow, like I said, occupies my whole body, so that's good. The mouse fits well in my arms. Anything bigger feels cumbersome and anything smaller is difficult to hold. And the prairie dog is comforting because my partner got it for me on our first date.

As for why, I don't think I have anything as complicated as what the OP posted. Simply, I tend to flail about in my sleep, and I'll hit my hands on things and it's not very pleasant. Having something to hold gives my arms something to do so they don't just fly everywhere. Which is why that body pillow is good - it keeps my legs in check, too.

I do think it's a comfort thing as well. I'm reminded a bit of Harlow's wire monkey experiment. There's something about something soft to hold that's comforting. I think that's what it all boils down to. And there are probably a number of elements at work. Anthropomorphism, for one. But I think that at its roots, that's what we're looking at: seeking out physical comfort.

Sometimes I sleep with this teddy bear I got at Build a Bear a few years ago... Only sometimes though. I sleep on my stomach, so I kinda hug my pillow. If I held the teddy, it'd have to be under my armpit, and not even a senseless stuffed plush wants that...

It's a jungle in there...

Everybody needs to sleep ALWAYS with teddies, bunnies, bears, kitties, puppies, because it's true they take negative energies around a person (:

Also they protect you from monsters in the midnight woop!

tumblr_los6udaltU1qfadvwo1_500.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Well not really. I have a lightblue dog plushie (which looks like a bear) that's sitting above my bed but I don't really sleep with it. However, when I am feeling lonely I can take it and hug it and also hug my pillow for a while ^_^ it helps

yup, a stuffed black and white cat called Kitty, I've had her since I was 18 or 19, so for about 7 or 8 years, she has been through a lot with me, and is very special to me, she also acts as my secure and comfort. I talk to her as if she were real and I love her almost as much as if she were real. I literally cannot sleep without her being at least close to me.

• Brohoof 1

yup, a stuffed black and white cat called Kitty, I've had her since I was 18 or 19, so for about 7 or 8 years, she has been through a lot with me, and is very special to me, she also acts as my secure and comfort. I talk to her as if she were real and I love her almost as much as if she were real. I literally cannot sleep without her being at least close to me.

I do the same with Pooh Bear.

EDIT: I just found this:

post-23391-0-69765500-1388412231.jpg

Edited by MustLoveCats
  • Brohoof 1

I wouldn't say I sleep with them, but they do exist on my bed. I have a couple Swinub Plushies (1 homemade, 1 bought), a Tepig, some older pig/cat stuffies, and a homemade Dalek. My first stuffy was a pig, so It's probably safe to assume that's the cause for my collection of pig stuffies.

Most of the time however I either have a dog resting along my legs, or a cat on my other pillow, resting beside my head.

I have four of the same stuffed eeyore. I bought so many because they're the perfect pillow, but only two are on the bed, one for myself one for my husband. Also, cuddle with husband, obviously.

I'm a teen and I sleep with my very first stuffed animal, Lamby. I'm not a hoarder, but I have a lot of sentimental attachment to stuff, I've always had. When I was little I let go off a balloon and cried for like an hour, I bet I named it balloony or something.

Lamby:

post-22991-0-92725900-1388577833_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I sleep with the following:

• Shadow the Hedgehog plush
  • Jack Skellington Plush
  • Companion Cube plush
  • Pikachu plush
  • Rarity, Cheerilee, Vinyl, Rainbow, Pinkie, Twilight, and Fluttershy Funrise plushes
  • Pinkie and Twilight Beanie Babies

:T 

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I sleep with the following:

• Shadow the Hedgehog plush
  • Jack Skellington Plush
  • Companion Cube plush
  • Pikachu plush
  • Rarity, Cheerilee, Vinyl, Rainbow, Pinkie, Twilight, and Fluttershy Funrise plushes
  • Pinkie and Twilight Beanie Babies

:T

Okay, how is there enough room for YOU to sleep??

Okay, how is there enough room for YOU to sleep??

I have a Queen-Sized Bed...I have more stuffed animals, but I don't feel like sleeping with them. :3