Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

TY Beanie Babies - MLP (With review!)

Flutter's lover <3

Ok So I picked up this Dashie TY Beanie Baby the other day. But I only noticed there being Dashie, Twily and Pinkie....no Flutters, AJ or Marshmallow Rarity.

Does anyone know if/when they'll be releasing the other mane 6 or any other characters?

I really love the quality of her and the way her mane and tail is. I also love how show accurate her mane and tail are, which was another thing that got my attention....because usually Dash's toy merch is far from show accurate when it comes to toys as her mane and tail colours are never right. I would've grabbed a Flutters as well, but didn't see any...Google isn't much help.They're better than the Funrise plushes though.

And because I loved reviewing my Derpy plush.....Here's a little VS review I did.

My Little Review of TY Dashie vs Funrise Pinkie 

Quality.  

There really is no comparison. TY is far better than the Funrise. TY just feels better to hold, squeeze..etc.You can feel the quality of her, . Where as Funrise Pinkie, you squeeze her and she feels cheap and lifeless. TY Dash is also a little more firm to squeeze where as Funrise Pinkie , you squeeze her and she feels empty inside. Only Issue I have quality wise with the TY Dashie are her wings, they're kinda plasticy with foam inserts.  Dashie's coat/fur is also much nicer to the touch than Pinkie's.  Dash feels like velvet or velour, while Pinkie feels like a cheap dog toy, or a cheap prize you'd get at the local fair.

TY Quality 9/10  

Funrise 6/10

Show Accuracy

Again, not really any comparison. Pinkie with spaghetti hair and a big muzzle.TY Dashie is pretty close to show accurate, she's got the right colours of her mane in the right spots, IE Red,yellow and orange on top of her head and green,blue nad purple down back. Heck, even her mane is almost styled correctly.

TY Accuracy        9.5/10

Funrise Accuracy  6/10

Body proportions

TY Dashie has a much better proportioned head, mane,tail, wings ,head and ears than the Funrise Pinkie (Excluding wings) Funrise Pinkie's head is just massive compared to the rest of her body....her tail is also very short, though her mane isn't too bad, despite the spaghettiness of it... Dashie also has a better looking snout/muzzle than Pinkie. Dashie's is more show accurate while maintaining the right body proportions...Pinkie's nose is rather....large, it almost dwarfs her eyes. Dashie's Cutie mark is also more pronounced than Pinkie's. Leg wise, Dashie again wins. Dash has better legs than Pinkie.  Over all though, Dashie has the better body. (I So didn't mean it in THAT way >_> (Ok maybe I did a little bit))

Body:

TY Dashie's body 10/10

FR Pinkie's body 5/10

Adorable factor:

Hooves down. Dashie wins. Everytime I look at her I have a miniheart attack, where as Pinkie, well...I don't know. I don't really feel anything when i look at her.

Cost

It actually surprised me...but my TY Dashie only cost $7 at a locally owned independent shop called "Green Earth" and Pinkie I bought at Toys R Us for $9. So the TY Dashie was clearly a MUCH better choice both quality AND price wise, which is rare.

Overall Winner: TY Dashie.

But, it was really no contest. I just enjoyed writing this fun little review.

Man, the more I re read this review, the more it looks like I'm comparing them to which one I'd go out with. In all honesty, I'd go out with Fluttershy though.

post-16340-0-00012500-1388384690_thumb.jpg

post-16340-0-37489500-1388384704_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 4

They actually do have beanie babies for the rest of the mane 6. I saw them all at Hobby Lobby the last time I went.

I've searched around, and on eBay I can only find Dash, Pinkie and Twily. I seen alicorm twilight and the rest of the mane 6, but they were only available directly from china and not from a single US or Canadian seller, which leads me to believe them not being official TY babies.

I've searched around, and on eBay I can only find Dash, Pinkie and Twily. I seen alicorm twilight and the rest of the mane 6, but they were only available directly from china and not from a single US or Canadian seller, which leads me to believe them not being official TY babies.

I didn't get to look very closely at them, but I'm fairly certain they were all beanie babies. They were on a very small display and all grouped together. I'd find it rather odd to have Hobby Lobby carry different kinds of MLP plushes and have them grouped all together like that.

I'll have to go back and check again...

TY sadly does not make the two best ponies. Aurora makes all 6 in large and small sizes, small comes with silly face purses though. The manes on the Aurora ones are "molded" though.

And because it's my fav... I gotta ask about the Simba! I have a giant Disney one that is like the larger pony plushes, but that one looks about the same size as that TY. Who makes it?!

Edited by The Mane-iac
  • Brohoof 1

TY sadly does not make the two best ponies. Aurora makes all 6 in large and small sizes, small comes with silly face purses though. The manes on the Aurora ones are "molded" though.

And because it's my fav... I gotta ask about the Simba! I have a giant Disney one that is like the larger pony plushes, but that one looks about the same size as that TY. Who makes it?!

The lying down on on the right is made by a company called "Applause" and the other small sitting one is a Disney Store exclusive.

I don't mind stuffed/molded manes and tails on plushies as long as they're done right.The one on my Derpy plush is rather good.But the one on my Fluttershy plush is kinda ok.

• 2 weeks later...

if you go to ty.com and search my little pony all the ponies are listed.  In fact within the last 24-48 hours they've made Rarity available to buy from ty themselves.  And I also noticed tonight that the Twilight they're listing on their website now has wings.  I was like "wtf?!" so I went to check mine and sure enough she doesn't have wings.  So I guess they're releasing an alicorn Twilight.  I emailed ty a couple days ago and they said that all the ponies are released so it's just a matter of time before they end up in stores.  Just keep checking walgreens lol.  And they also said that eventually all the ponies will be for sale on their website.  If you buy 2 or more right now it's free shipping too.  

EDIT: Being the obsessive person that I am, I checked Ty's site again today(1/13/2014).  And they added Applejack and Fluttershy today.  So I added them to the Rarity in my cart and promptly ordered them.   :huh:  ;)   :D

Edited by Dashtastic57

if you go to ty.com and search my little pony all the ponies are listed.  In fact within the last 24-48 hours they've made Rarity available to buy from ty themselves.  And I also noticed tonight that the Twilight they're listing on their website now has wings.  I was like "wtf?!" so I went to check mine and sure enough she doesn't have wings.  So I guess they're releasing an alicorn Twilight.  I emailed ty a couple days ago and they said that all the ponies are released so it's just a matter of time before they end up in stores.  Just keep checking walgreens lol.  And they also said that eventually all the ponies will be for sale on their website.  If you buy 2 or more right now it's free shipping too.  

EDIT: Being the obsessive person that I am, I checked Ty's site again today(1/13/2014).  And they added Applejack and Fluttershy today.  So I added them to the Rarity in my cart and promptly ordered them.   :huh:  ;)   :D

They now have all 6 for purchase on their store. If only I didn't JUST order some NMM stuff from toysrus I'd grab me an AJ at the very least. Would love to see some good pics of them once they arrive.

Yeah it may have to be phone pics cause my damn camera cable is hiding again lol.  I'd imagine I'll have them later this week.  I got charged sales tax since I live in IL so that means that TY is in IL somewhere.  Just hope Fluttershy's wings are good.  Read reviews on amazon of people who bought Rainbow Dash online and her wings were coming apart.  I'm with you though, most excited about AJ. I wouldn't worry too much, I bet Walgreens gets AJ, FS and R in soon.  And most of the ones I've been to have kept the other 3 well stocked.

I bought a Ty Pinkie Pie for my 2 year old niece for Christmas. She was on sale at Meijer for $5 at the time. Much better quality than the Funrise plushies and they are much better-looking as well. No spaghetti manes! Which is my main complaint about the Funrise plushies.

Yeah it may have to be phone pics cause my damn camera cable is hiding again lol.  I'd imagine I'll have them later this week.  I got charged sales tax since I live in IL so that means that TY is in IL somewhere.  Just hope Fluttershy's wings are good.  Read reviews on amazon of people who bought Rainbow Dash online and her wings were coming apart.  I'm with you though, most excited about AJ. I wouldn't worry too much, I bet Walgreens gets AJ, FS and R in soon.  And most of the ones I've been to have kept the other 3 well stocked.

Maybe the local store here will get the new ones in....I hope so. I'd kill for Fluttershy. As for the wings, I haven't noticed them falling apart or anything on Dashie. Then again she just sits on my computer desk and looks at me.

I bought a Ty Pinkie Pie for my 2 year old niece for Christmas. She was on sale at Meijer for $5 at the time. Much better quality than the Funrise plushies and they are much better-looking as well. No spaghetti manes! Which is my main complaint about the Funrise plushies.

Yea. that was my main complaint for the Funrise stuff...TY are much better overall. I just looked at my Pinkie Funrise and her eyes are  are not lined up.

I really want a Fluttershy one now, now that I know they're officially released.

Finally made it to the post office today to pick up Applejack, Fluttershy, and Rarity.  When the lady handed me the box my first thought was "Did they just send me one?"  Nope they jammed all three ponies into a small box.  So I wasn't thrilled about that.  I would have rather paid for shipping than to have free shipping and have them stuffed into a little box.  So they're a little bent in some places.  Otherwise they're pretty cool.  

APPLEJACK- She's more orange than the other plushie's I've seen of her, but still looks good.  She had the bangs on the front already styled to look pretty accurate.  I bought some mini scrunchies at Walmart and put them in her mane and tail to be more show accurate.  

FLUTTERSHY - I was actually able to give Fluttershy her hair style pretty easily too so that's cool. Her wings were intact and undamaged as far as I can tell.  She has her trademark kinda sad look to her.

RARITY - Rarity looks good, though her mane is more purple than the indigo-ish color on the show.  And her unicorn horn is better than Twilight's.  Rarity's is all one piece, while Twilight's looks like one of those cinnamon twist things they used to sell at Taco Bell. And I forsee it wanting to come untwisted.  EDIT:  apparently the new alicorn Twilight on TY's website has the same horn style as Rarity.  

I'll try and take some pictures and update this later.

Edited by Dashtastic57

• 2 weeks later...

Well the lady at the store I picked up Dashie at said she's more than likely going to be getting the other 4 in counting Alicorn Twilight. So I'll check back there every week or so see if Fluttershy is there.....I really want a Fluttershy to go with my Dashie. Might even pick up Rarity and or Alicorn Twily if they have her as well. Eventhough I'm not that big a fan of Twilight....It'd be the first "Princess" piece of any kind to my collection.

So I went to walgreens today and I was just curious if they ever got the other ones in and I noticed they had 2 types of Twilights.  Neither had wings lol.  One had the cinnamon twist type horn and the other had the solid piece horn like the ty Rarity has.  So guess there'll be 3 versions of Twilight out there lol.  

So I went to walgreens today and I was just curious if they ever got the other ones in and I noticed they had 2 types of Twilights.  Neither had wings lol.  One had the cinnamon twist type horn and the other had the solid piece horn like the ty Rarity has.  So guess there'll be 3 versions of Twilight out there lol.  

They probably put the better horn on unicorn Twilight once they had started producing Alicorn Twilight.

• 3 weeks later...

I just received Rarity, Applejack and Fluttershy from Amazon. They were $6-$8 each with free shipping when I ordered them. I'm super happy with them. Their hair is very easy to make show accurate without any haircuts!

• 3 weeks later...

We have a store here that sells items for $5 and below

and I found Rainbow there so I managed to buy her for $5! But they don't have any of the others, sadly :(

A local grocery store had some, but they wanted $7 and I didn't think that was a fair price for something so small ;a;

We have a store here that sells items for $5 and below

and I found Rainbow there so I managed to buy her for $5! But they don't have any of the others, sadly :(

A local grocery store had some, but they wanted $7 and I didn't think that was a fair price for something so small ;a;

Considering the Funrise ones are $7-$9, I'd consider the TY a very reasonable price at $7 still. Hell, I'd probably pay $10 for one, just because of the quality of them.