Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's with the EG dislike?

Oofer56

For me, it was the fact that they set it in Highschool, I like mlp because it has a semi-unique setting, and a unique world that was far and removed from standard cartoon cliches. And they removed that, and put in almost every cliche they could. 

• Brohoof 1

It's simple: Colorful ponies with big eyes is cute. Colorful humans with big eyes is creepy. Mlp fim is cute, EG is creepy. Get it?

EG never was in mlp fim! There was no magic portal to alternative world (hell) there was no Flash sentury, thare was just Twilight's nightmare. Hahaha It was just a nightmare.... Just a nightmare... No human Celestia. It's never was.. Colorful humans isn't exist...Haha *whisper* just a nightmare, just a nightmare... no flash sentury... Stop voices in my head! I want to forget this... I don't even know my name... Flash is Just a Twilight's nightmare... I WANT TO FORGET THIS! But I can't... It will always following me! Somebody kill me!

Edited by zev_zev
  • Brohoof 2

I do like the movie it was awesome but it was a little too girly and teeny and nothing like the show lets just say to much romance to much everything and the whole thing was based in school and wait...Spike is a dog? so how about if a grown dragon went though the portal... 

yeah i'm stuck

but other then that it was a good movie :)

Because the movie is terrible in quality. Besides using every single High School cliché with literally nothing to twist it up, a few other things include:

1. Very rushed pacing.
  2. Artificial conflicts.
  3. Very terrible character designs.
  4. Terrible characterizations of Sunset Shimmer, VP Luna, Snips, and Snails.
  5. A pointless romance between Twilight and Flash Sentry.
  6. Disrespects the roots of both FIM and founder Bonnie Zacherle

My long review and pre-review rant cover my thoughts on this insulting "movie."

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 8

Horrible pacing, the story wasn't great, pointless romance, terrible character designs, very horrible characterizations.

Basically what everyone else said.

• Brohoof 3

I think it's mostly butt-hurt over the fact the first FiM movie didn't actually have much pony in it.

I liked it myself, it sure as hell wasn't any kind of masterpiece but it was fun for what it was and had pretty good animation and character designs. Songs were good too. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 6

I personally really enjoyed it, in fact...I liked it more than the actual show. People seem to dislike for several different reasons mostly being: 

1. Terrible Pacing
  2. Ugly Designs/No Skin Colors
  3. Forced Romance
  4. High School
  5. Not Liking Flash Sentry
  6. Not Having enough Pony

For what it is, I thought it was really enjoyable and a great watch. Best movie ever? Of course not. But I still found it good. 

Edited by WheatleyCore
  • Brohoof 1

I loved EG: I thought it was a great movie, I do think some people are butt hurt about there not being enough ponies, and I do get the impression that some yes not all but some people are closed minded about it somehow and can’t like it: which I can relate to tbh.

But that all said, I think it comes down simply to some people like it, some people don’t, personal taste etc.

• Brohoof 1

I don't like it because it is a "My Little Pony" movie about humans. They could have at least made them look like REAL humans with a regular Dark/Light skin tone. It just feels like that they tried to turn My Little Pony into something it isn't. I've only seen bits and pieces of it, but it looks like it is packed with Drama.

I'm not going to go bashing it though. If you like it, good for you. I wish that if they were planning on making something like this, it wouldn't even have resemblance to MLP. That is how they tricked a Target audience into watching a movie about high school girls.

Edited by Judgement

'Cuz it's not the greatest movie. I mean, it's not as bad as some of the worst episodes in the series imo, but I can completely understand someone despising it. :P

How come so many people seem to dislike EG? I mean... Look at EG sweetie belle.

Do it

Do it!

img-2165317-1-Sweetie_Belle_ID_EG.png

How can you dislike that?! xD

I dunno... Sweetie Belle didn't really translate as well to human form as others, imo. She's kinda not great. :/

To an extent, I can see why others would hate it.

The pacing was slightly rushed, sunset shimmer was a pretty weak villain, the romance between twilight and flash sentry was odd and for a purpose to add love in the movie, and the songs aren't what I would call the best.

But for the most part? I actually like it, if you can look past the problems, this is a very good movie that's enjoyable for the most part.

Is it the worst? Not at all. The best? Not even. A pretty good movie overall despite the problems? Yes.

• Brohoof 2

Personally, I love this movie, and was the final move that convinced me to join the herd, now here I am a brony. Although, I do understand the lukewarm reputation of this film, the rushed pacing, clichéd high school, short lived conflict, and the superfluous plot holes, but I see the main complaint is the ponies were in human, rather than equine form, rather unexpected for the first MLP film. Despite the problems the film is noted for, there are fans that enjoyed this movie for the heart it possess, it is very pleasing to the eyes and soul, plus we see in a macabre sort of way, just how human the ponies appear, the warm sympathetic feeling I got from watching this film, more than made up for the flaws and mistakes, take what you like about this movie and cherish it.     

I must admit I don't understand the dislike towards it either.

Sure it had its weak points, but it seems that a lot are forgetting about the so called 'target audience'. I sometimes see people analyzing it as if it was one of 'Hollywood productions'. Searching for slightest details that cause the movie to look bad. Let's not forget this was a completely new setting. It didn't have a lot of time to fill up every single hole. Budget is budget I guess.

Truth to be told, I initially had a negative attitude towards it, and later just decided to "watch and see myself". And I wasn't disappointed. It wasn't genuine, but might have been a lot, LOT worse, let's admit it. I found it quite entertaining.

And well... Don't forget, it's not like it didn't give us anything...

...jump up make a sound, stomp your hooves, turn around. Start now, make a change, gonna come around... *Keeps humming*

Edited by Khajiit
  • Brohoof 2

It just has this cash in vibe to me.  The visual representation of the humans is just plain what the fuck.  I mean look at this nonsense, LOOK AT IT, "Hey kids, are you ready for a scare? Meet Casper the ghost, in full drag!  She just loves to play with little boys!" It's ridiculous!  Oh, and the cut-out-photo-set-up thing just pushed me over the cliff.  I'll stick to the ponies as ponies thanks.  

img_2165317_1_Sweetie_Belle_ID_EG.jpg

• Brohoof 1