Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's with the EG dislike?

Oofer56

In the show, the mane 6 face mythical beasts, armies of emotion-eating monsters, tyrannical dictators, deities, and all sorts of other hazards.

In EG, the entire thing is reduced to a stereotypical high school scenario with poorly written plot devices that resolve themselves seconds after they're introduced and f*cking Flash Sentry, the infamously forced love interest that was invented only to push the horrid plot forward.

So yeah...I didn't like it. x)

To be fair, most episodes of FiM are not particularly epic. "Which of my friends am I going to give this ticket to?" "Will I ever get my cutie mark?" "Who ate the cake?"

And remember, the fate of the freaking universe came down to Twilight winning the crown. She didn't actually care about becoming Fall Formal Princess in and of itself.

To be fair, most episodes of FiM are not particularly epic. "Which of my friends am I going to give this ticket to?" "Will I ever get my cutie mark?" "Who ate the cake?"

And remember, the fate of the freaking universe came down to Twilight winning the crown. She didn't actually care about becoming Fall Formal Princess in and of itself.

'Spose.

But was some well-expected plot devices and actual conflict too much to ask for regarding this thing?

I'll take "swindled by traveling salesmen" over whatever the he'll it was that the mane 6 turned into at the end.

Winning the crown was just a runabout choice on Twilight's part. She could have asked Celestia directly for the crown back since it's only been a few hours after it was turned in by Fluttershy, but there would be no movie.

So Twilight's idea of doing the Fall Formal runabout stems from her giving into fear from her own baseless assumptions about Principal Celestia after losing focus to let Celestia direct the entire conversation. The movie gives no evidence to support Twilight's assumption of Celestia requiring some sort of burden of proof to get back what is known as "Lost & Found." Then there is the issue of Celestia quickly jumping the gun on using the crown for the Fall Formal after only being turned in for a few hours.  

Watch it as a movie and its incredible

Watch it as a MLP movie and it sucks.

My personal Opinions. I love this movie alot, but I want a MLP movie.

Winning the crown was just a runabout choice on Twilight's part. She could have asked Celestia directly for the crown back since it's only been a few hours after it was turned in by Fluttershy, but there would be no movie.

So Twilight's idea of doing the Fall Formal runabout stems from her giving into fear from her own baseless assumptions about Principal Celestia after losing focus to let Celestia direct the entire conversation. The movie gives no evidence to support Twilight's assumption of Celestia requiring some sort of burden of proof to get back what is known as "Lost & Found." Then there is the issue of Celestia quickly jumping the gun on using the crown for the Fall Formal after only being turned in for a few hours.  

I think that the Fall Formal crown had always looked like Twilight's Element of Harmony, so Celestia thought Twilight's Crown already belonged to the school.

Which would leave one to wonder why the fake crown was taken out of play. Twilight didn't take the fake crown with her in the first place or tried to go back to Equestria to get the fake crown as the movie shows  there is no limitation to how many times the portal can be used while its active. Solely for the purpose of trading for her original back after a discussion in the difference of detail of craftsmanship between the crowns.

Edited by Singe