1. 1. Which do you identify as?

• Boy (cis/not transgender)
    • Girl (cis/not transgender)
    • Transgender boy
    • Transgender girl
    • Bigender
    • None of the above
    • Questioning

That post was written during a time of struggle for me regarding my gender identity

I wrote it to attempt to reinforce the values taught by my family, I was in denial. I've grown since then and come to accept my gender identity, and I'm ashamed that I wrote that post.

It's alright. I have said a lot of crazy things throughout my life because of my upbringing.

I'm having to wait a month to see my gender therapist. This is a pain.

It's alright. I have said a lot of crazy things throughout my life because of my upbringing.

I'm having to wait a month to see my gender therapist. This is a pain.

Yeah, but I apologize for being a total jerk in that post, it was uncalled for. I judt didn't understand the difference between one's gender and one's sex. I was raised by conservative Christians, and was taught that all trans people are mentally ill people who need therapy to be "normal".

Yeah, but I apologize for being a total jerk in that post, it was uncalled for. I judt didn't understand the difference between one's gender and one's sex. I was raised by conservative Christians, and was taught that all trans people are mentally ill people who need therapy to be "normal".

Well, I am glad you know who you are, if you are indeed a trans girl.

Can I just go with "human"?

These days, I don't identify myself by my gender. I act "boy"-ish and "girl"-ish. I like "manly" and "ladylike" things. I have make-up, but rarely wear it. I have "mens" clothes and "womens" clothes.

When people ask point blank, I've gone with genderfluid before, so I guess that's the best way to explain?

I also have a LOOOOOOOOT of issues with personal appearance. I'm not nearly as feminine looking as I'd like to be. And the things I could do to fix that are either expensive, painful or both. tlC6jFO.png

• Brohoof 2

Pretty much

Thing about sex change operations is that they don't come with a uterus, there've been successful uterus transplants between females but a uterus is pretty much a foreign object to the male body. 

Yeah, medical advancements are pretty impressive nowadays, but they've yet to reach god mode.

With the hormone therapy I'm going to do, I just hope breasty breasts will grow evenly despite this scar thing on my chest. A "scar" is the best way I can describe it.

My gender 'identity' is male, same as my sex. I have never even entertained the consideration of being otherwise.

I admit, because it this, I am unlikely to ever empathize with those that are less certain of thier gender identity or understand what it feels like to believe your one gender but have the body of the opposite gender.

So yah, I am a heterosexual male with German and English (mixed with a bit of Italian) blood confidant in his identity and who he is.

Well according to Human Rights Campaign, "The term 'gender identity,' distinct from the term 'sexual orientation,' refers to a person's innate, deeply felt psychological identification as a man, woman or some other gender, which may or may not correspond to the sex assigned to them at birth (e.g., the sex listed on their birth certificate).

Back to the question of "What is my gender identity?"

So at this point, I mostly identified myself as a man, but sometimes I identified with women. So for now, I'm still questioning.

• Brohoof 1

I call myself a tomboy girl.  For me, that pretty much means that most of the time I feel more like a guy but I am physically a girl.  I grew up at an all-girls school where me and my best friend were the most boyish kids there.  I now go to a co-ed school but I am not friends with any guys because they see me as a girl and I do not want them to think i like them.  I am the new kid, and the people who have befriended me all seem pretty girly-girl.  I have taken "What is Your Mental Gender?" internet tests, and most of them say that I'm a slightly feminine man.  I really have no idea what the official name for my mental gender is.

Edited by Horse

I'm a guy for sure, I have feminine qualities yes, but it certainly doesn't define me as a girl even when talking about the identity of ones gender.

What's bigender? I know what they all are except bigender. Does it mean you're both? I don't get it. I'm female anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigender

I had to look it up, I had an idea, but I didn't want to assume

I identify as male, which I am in the biological sense, although I have wondered what it would have been like both mentally and physically had I been born female. Everyone has wondered what life would look like from the other side at some point, I think.

This brings to mind a thread about sexual orientation which I think I need to revisit...

I was in denial. I've grown since then and come to accept my gender identity, and I'm ashamed that I wrote that post.

"This above all: to thine own self be true"

I'm glad you've worked that out and are being honest with yourself as well as others. Nobody should ever feel that they can't be.

I'm biologically male, but I never really felt quite like a guy or like one of the guys. I always seem to relate to females far better than males. I understand girls far easier than I do guys, even though that's not saying much, I'm more in touch with a feminine side than any kind of masculine side. Halp.

• Brohoof 1

I am biologically female, so I identify as a female. I have to be honest, I find it hard to understand gender identity terminology but I am in no means against it. There are times I wish I was male but I wouldn't feel comfortable permenently identifying myself as such. I'd just get confused!

I'm biologically male, but I never really felt quite like a guy or like one of the guys. I always seem to relate to females far better than males. I understand girls far easier than I do guys, even though that's not saying much, I'm more in touch with a feminine side than any kind of masculine side. Halp.

There's something to be said for societal brainwashing when someone who relates to females and is in touch with there feminine side feels like they're not "manly" or "one of the guys".

Being in touch with one's feminine side is nothing to be ashamed of, nor does it make you any less of a "man". If you feel like you're male and you identify as male, that's really all there is to it.

There are plenty of people who like pink frilly things and relate to women more that don't consider themselves less of a man. For a (bad) example, consider your stereotypical flamboyant gay guy. Or, for a better example: drag queens. They're not any less of men, they can just have very stereotypically feminine interests.

I think gender confusion really comes into play when you start questioning your brain/body alignment, and how you want people/society to perceive you. Would you rather go out to a restaurant and have them ask you "What may I get for you, sir?" or "What may I get for you, ma'am?"

Something to think about. rot9217.png

• Brohoof 3

I have to say I don't believe it's possible for a girl to "become" a boy, or for them to "be a boy in a girl's body", and vice versa. Mostly because if they were born a girl, they can't possibly know what it actually feels like to be a boy from birth and go through life as one. The body chemistry is different, the hormones, genes, everything, and all that plays a role in a person's life, whatever gender they are born as. Besides that, your gender isn't the most important factor in determining who you are. Outside of gender roles (and prejudices), there isn't anything particularly special about being either male or female, in terms of their personality and beliefs, who they are. 

There's something to be said for societal brainwashing when someone who relates to females and is in touch with there feminine side feels like they're not "manly" or "one of the guys".

Being in touch with one's feminine side is nothing to be ashamed of, nor does it make you any less of a "man". If you feel like you're male and you identify as male, that's really all there is to it.

There are plenty of people who like pink frilly things and relate to women more that don't consider themselves less of a man. For a (bad) example, consider your stereotypical flamboyant gay guy. Or, for a better example: drag queens. They're not any less of men, they can just have very stereotypically feminine interests.

I think gender confusion really comes into play when you start questioning your brain/body alignment, and how you want people/society to perceive you. Would you rather go out to a restaurant and have them ask you "What may I get for you, sir?" or "What may I get for you, ma'am?"

Something to think about. img-3274012-1-rot9217.png

6c3033089adab676b5491ef9b21a228e.jpg

I like the way you think.

Like, myself for example. I really don't identify under the binary, but I'm so on board with this hormone therapy thing because my body really isn't going in a way I feel comfortable with. I literally am so antsy on when I am going to do this, but I'm not going to be really girly, as I'm not trying to fill the stereotype of man or woman, but to represent my own identity.

Gender identity is such a loose term relative to how others define their gender.

• Brohoof 3