There were many stories to be told in Equestria, land of the ponies.
Every story blending together, converging onto its very seams and no more ordinary than the other. The keepers of these stories were none other than the great Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, who had lived for many years, and seen the rise and fall of nations. The eldest sister Celestia had known the most of the stories, as she had been about to watch her kingdom for 1,000 years more. She had seen everything there was to see, and all there was to know. Nothing had surprised her...
Except for an odd very unponyish being known as Discord. Hailing from an unusual race known as the draconequui, he had abilities of chaos beyond either of the fair sisters. It was he who had weaved this particular story into a direction the Princess had not foreseen. Though they could contain him within stone, it was never very long before the creature broke out yet again.
And now was no exception.
Discord had once again broken the bonds of his prison, and had used his chaotic abilities to go far beyond the reaches of Equestria... and to do more than Celestia ever would have expected from this trickster spirit. Even Celestia had known that Discord had his limits and was well aware of the universe's balance. She could not contemplate why he would do such a thing, and neither had none of the other ponies. For you see, he had broken the universe's fundamental balance of Order and Chaos by rending it violently and forcibly in the direction of chaos. Without an equal balance of two, the universe's various worlds began to converge onto each other... and Equestria made contact with a far-off land known as Earth.
That day, several glowing cracks opened all across the planet of Earth, near the homes of the humans that had resided there. Sensing something amiss, most of the humans had stayed in their homes away from these. They had a negative energy that had repelled most living things alike. Yet there were some... who were attracted by this energy... and ventured into the cracks...
These humans were travel across space, time, and the universe into Equestria, going past its Sentient Barrier, the barriers that all worlds have that limits the amount of sentient species allowed in them. On earth, the Sentient Barrier was limited to humans only. In Equestria, it was limited to ponies and various other sentient creatures. And never before had anyone crossed the barrier of another world... it was unheard of.
Crossing Equestria's Sentient Barrier caused unexpected and erratic results. Unable to handle the introduction of a non-existing sentient species, the humans were converted into the primary sentient species of the world... ponies... and had forgotten their names. Still harboring mostly intact memories of their pasts, they awaken start on the outskirts of the Everfree Forest.
Now left to wonder Equestria, confused, they ponder their fate...
Welcome to the Shifted RP! In this RP, you are basically playing as a human transformed into a pony. We will first begin with the former humans merely trying to figure out their pony abilities, very simply. However, as time goes on, they will become increasingly enraveled in the complex politics involving Discord, Celestia, and the Balance of Order and Chaos.
This RP's going to be different from other RPs here, as it will be more advanced and more will be expected out of you. I am looking for a batch of decent RPers on the forums who can hold their own and who are dedicated to keeping this alive. I will do everything in my power to ensure that it doesn't die, and I hope you do the same. You may not be accepted if you do not meet the requirements. But if you are a good to decent writer, you should be all right.
Before you can join though, there are some rules that you are expected to follow.
Rules of RP
- No godmodding, Mary-Sues, etc. See The General Guide to Roleplaying for the big no-nos in more detail.
- Proper spelling and grammar is expected at all times. I will not chew you out for minor typos, but if it is consistent, I will have to put my foot down.
- Posts must be at the minimum two sentences. It is highly encouraged though that you write detailed and quality posts, and make them as long as you wish.
- This RP is expected to go at a slower pace than most. So no repetitive quick posting. In fact, to enforce this, you must wait until at least two people post before you before you post again.
- If, however, it has been at least one day and only one person has posted before you, you may post again.
- Note that the above is experimental, and may be changed depending on how well it works.
- To keep activity up, there will be an activity check every two weeks. If you have not posted in two weeks, your character will be ejected from the RP and your spot will be re-opened for new roleplayers to join.
- I will be carefully overlooking and approving every character form that is posted. Just because you post it, does not mean you are automatically accepted. If you are accepted, I will quote your post and say Accepted. Until then, you are NOT accepted into the RP and cannot post until I say so. If you are not accepted, I will quote your post and explain what you need to change to become accepted.
- Alicorns are strictly prohibited. You may only play as an earth pony, a pegasus, or a unicorn.
- Artsy Dreamscapes/F/Unicorn - Arylett Dawnsborough
- Crystal Flame/M/Pegasus - Aureity
- LionHeart/M/Unicorn - Leoc Trixies #1 Assistant
- Silver/M/Unicorn - SilverArrow
- Speed/F/Pegasus - Queen SuperTheAwesome III
- PeachPalette/F/Unicorn - PeachPalette
- Electrobolt/M/Earth Pony - Trixie Helper Electrobolt
- Serah Anastos/F/Unicorn - Legendary Emerald
- Cole/M/Pegasus - Deshi Bashara
- Brave/M/Earth Pony - Wolfe
- SiFi/M/Earth Pony - NathanFink
- Dexterity/F/Unicorn - Dexterity
- Sport/M/Unicorn - Strong Hooves
- Olive Branch/M/Unicorn - Blackcat
- Cain/M/Pegasus - Cain
[Art] A Meeting with the Princess by PeachPalette
[Art] Shifted Scene by PeachPalette
[Art] Shifted Scene (2) by PeachPalette
[Art] Shifted logo by Wolfe and Silver
[Music] Shifted Theme by Legendary Emerald
Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough, 08 May 2012 - 02:45 PM.