Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have You Ever Had Surgery?

Venomous

On 2/3/2014 at 2:53 AM, zombie king24 said:

By any chance would getting my wisdom teeth remove count...

Yea that counts! I still haven't got my wisdom teeth.

How bad was it?

On 2/3/2014 at 2:54 AM, Samurott77 said:

Yea that counts! I still haven't gotten my wisdom teeth.

How bad was it?

Oops well I guess I can add that to my surgery list too.

And to answer your question it was terrible for the first day. I ended up waking up from the anesthesia sick and they gave me medicine for it and I happened to be allergic to that so they gave me Benadryl and I passed out again, I still can't remember anything from 9 AM to 5 PM that day, but apparently I screamed at my sister to shut up when she wasn't even talking 0_0

Im not trying to scare anyone though, my situation was rare haha 

Oops well I guess I can add that to my surgery list too.

And to answer your question it was terrible for the first day. I ended up waking up from the anesthesia sick and they gave me medicine for it and I happened to be allergic to that so they gave me Benadryl and I passed out again, I still can't remember anything from 9 AM to 5 PM that day, but apparently I screamed at my sister to shut up when she wasn't even talking 0_0

Im not trying to scare anyone though, my situation was rare haha

How painful were you after the anesthesia wore off? Were you sore? (Sorry I'm asking weird questions but I am curious).

And oh my god, that's pretty scary. My sister got sick after hers were taken out and she had a 104 fever

How painful were you after the anesthesia wore off? Were you sore? (Sorry I'm asking weird questions but I am curious).

And oh my god, that's pretty scary. My sister got sick after hers were taken out and she had a 104 fever

After getting back to my house it was pretty painful for the first day, also it just was about bleeding (I also seem to bleed quite a bit) but the days after it was just a little sore, I only used the heavier pain killers the first couple days and then just Motrin the few days after. I did look like Richard Nixon though because of the bottom swelling a lot more than the top

Well after I woke up I didn't feel a thing... but it all went down hill once the pain got to me.

My sleeping was all change. And I wouldn't forget the time when my mom forgot where she put the painkillers.

Felt like my gums were on fire.

• Brohoof 1

After getting back to my house it was pretty painful for the first day, also it just was about bleeding (I also seem to bleed quite a bit) but the days after it was just a little sore, I only used the heavier pain killers the first couple days and then just Motrin the few days after. I did look like Richard Nixon though because of the bottom swelling a lot more than the top

But it wasn't miserable..?

Like what did the pain feel like? Sore? Burning? Pinching?

Well, I am not sure whether or not this would be considered minor or major surgery. I had to get a 6 inch metal plate put into my arm with 6 screws into the bone. I crashed while mountain biking and broke both my radius and ulna where they meet the wrist. I woke up in a cast and lived off tylenol T3s for a couple weeks, so the pain wasn't that bad. The anesthetic made me feel sick for about a day, that was the worst part. All in all, don't be scared about surgery, you will always be in good hands.

• Brohoof 1

I had a Tonsellectomy and Adenoidectomy, a cranial pressure probe (I dare you to say that wasn't a surgery. They cut my head open. FOR A WEEK.), and my wisdom teeth removed. Other than the nasty bruise on my arm from the nurse giving me anesthesia, the wisdom teeth removal was painless.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I am not sure whether or not this would be considered minor or major surgery. I had to get a 6 inch metal plate put into my arm with 6 screws into the bone. I crashed while mountain biking and broke both my radius and ulna where they meet the wrist. I woke up in a cast and lived off tylenol T3s for a couple weeks, so the pain wasn't that bad. The anesthetic made me feel sick for about a day, that was the worst part. All in all, don't be scared about surgery, you will always be in good hands.

Holy hell that's insane.

post-14906-0-38302800-1391416448_thumb.jpg

Yes that counts as surgery, I would say.

A friend of mine had screws put in his wrist and he was miserable when he came back to school. He felt awful.

Sir, I'd call that a major surgery. Anything with a metal plate and screws involved falls into major surgery.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I had a Tonsellectomy and Adenoidectomy, a cranial pressure probe (I dare you to say that wasn't a surgery. They cut my head open. FOR A WEEK.), and my wisdom teeth removed. Other than the nasty bruise on my arm from the nurse giving me anesthesia, the wisdom teeth removal was painless.

Wow.. That's crazy.

I'm glad you're alright! That must have been scary.

Well, it would have been for me at least.

How did you feel after you woke up from getting your tonsils out? How bad did your throat hurt

Edited by Samurott77

I've had my tonsils removed and that's it.

How bad was the pain when you woke up?

Nope... Maybe soon because I have a serious injury... :P

Well I hope you get treated then

• Brohoof 1

I've had a Spinal Fusion back in 2012 because i had Scoliosis. 

It sucked ass. I now have 2 rods on each side of my spine as well as 19 screws.

Pictures below!

Before surgery.

1656089_612216375513075_1853282567_n.jpg

After surgery. 

1545891_612216368846409_288358285_n.jpg

Didn't feel like editing out my info. But who cares.

But yeah, it was a major surgery..

Edited by Detective Sparkles
  • Brohoof 5

Wow.. That's crazy.

I'm glad you're alright! That must have been scary.

Well, it would have been for me at least.

The pressure probe was upsetting, but not too scary. Just pissed me off that after having a tube in my head for a week and giving me a strange Texan accent the best the doctors could come up with to explain my headaches (which was the reason all this started) was that I was emotionally disturbed.

Almost knocked the doctor in the mouth but I didn't hear of this until I had left the hospital

• Brohoof 1

On 2/3/2014 at 3:40 AM, Detective Sparkles said:

I've had a Spinal Fusion back in 2012. 

It sucked ass. I now have 2 rods on each side of my spine as well as screws.

If i can upload a picture of my X-Ray's ill do it. (or if i can even find them)

Do the rods take a part is keeping your spine positioned right?

I had my wisdom teeth removed. I was miserable for a couple of days. It bled a lot too. The first night my dad ended up ordering me to bed, because I was being really mean and nasty because of the pain and the pain meds. I started to cry and just said "Okay" I think I more passed out then slept, but I felt a little better in the morning.

A couple of years before that, when I was in sixth grade, I had a scary time. I had to have exploratory surgery on my left arm, because a big lump grew on the inside of my elbow. No joke. It looked like I had a half of a golf ball under my skin, and it was really hard! It was beginning to interfere with me bending my arm. I was scared to death it was cancer and I'd wake up with them saying they had to amputate my arm. Thankfully, it turned out to be just scar tissue that grew wild around where I had a blood test taken like a year before when I was really sick. I had to have my arm in a sling for a while, because blood vessels were going right through the lump of scar tissue, and the doctor had to reroute them to remove it. You can still see the scar on my arm, and a slight sunken in area where the lump used to be.

• Brohoof 1