Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony Perception vs Fact

Frostgage

That is what bronies think of bronies.

It's a strange case of biting our own asses in deed, it seems like we complain about our own a staggering amount, and have a worse self-image that anyone on the outside could even have of us. We really need a collective trip to one of those teamwork seminars. 

• Brohoof 1

It's a strange case of biting our own asses in deed, it seems like we complain about our own a staggering amount, and have a worse self-image that anyone on the outside could even have of us. We really need a collective trip to one of those teamwork seminars. 

The problem with this fandom is that people love different things about the show or the fandom itself. Because they are both so rich.

After Equestria Girls came out, a lot of people were pointing out what they thought were legitimate flaws in the cartoon. Others simply hated the very idea of the movie, and others were just fishing for reactions. They all got grouped in the same bag by those that liked the movie with a big yellow and black tag written "HATERS" next to the biohazard symbol.

It happens every time something changes... Alicorn Twilight... Reformed Discord. Flash Sentry... But then again, this may be a human thing and not just specific to the bronies.

In the fanfictions it's even more prevalent. Shippings, Conversion Bureau...

• Brohoof 2

Because some folks in the Herd are so fanatical about a certain aspect of the show that they are willing to throw a childish inane bitch fight to get their point across a conversation, hence we isolate the 'die-hard fans' that stalk our community. I can name quite a few examples were my friends act so foolishly immature.

One threw a hissy fit because I simply liked Pinkie Pie, who is his almighty waifu. There was another who simply walked away and ignore me because the portrait of Rarity I drew for him didn't include tits, and one commissioned his OC having sex with my favorite pony just to spite me, sent it to me through text messaging. Things they all done indirectly because they know I kick their asses in person.

Because some folks in the Herd are so fanatical about a certain aspect of the show that they are willing to throw a childish inane bitch fight to get their point across a conversation, hence we isolate the 'die-hard fans' that stalk our community. I can name quite a few examples were my friends act so foolishly immature.

One threw a hissy fit because I simply liked Pinkie Pie, who is his almighty waifu. There was another who simply walked away and ignore me because the portrait of Rarity I drew for him didn't include tits, and one commissioned his OC having sex with my favorite pony just to spite me, sent it to me through text messaging. Things they all done indirectly because they know I kick their asses in person.

Were the hell do you all find these people? I sincerely want to know because I've heard tales of them, but I've never seen one in the wild and personally talked to one of these whackjobs. It's like I'm either walking creep repellent, or everyone else is wearing some kind of bait.   

Were the hell do you all find these people? I sincerely want to know because I've heard tales of them, but I've never seen one in the wild and personally talked to one of these whackjobs. It's like I'm either walking creep repellent, or everyone else is wearing some kind of bait.   

I have no idea, we were once friends with undying brotherly loyalty.

But that all changed, the pony specimen came to me via computer by accident and left no trace of my individuality on that fateful winter day of 2011. My only regret is bringing it to the damned cafeteria table a year later...

I have no idea, we were once friends with undying brotherly loyalty.

But that all changed, the pony specimen came to me via computer by accident and left no trace of my individuality on that fateful winter day of 2011. My only regret is bringing it to the damned cafeteria table a year later...

No offense, but that leads me to believe you're just a really bad judge of character because people don't just spontaneously combust into complete assholes like that. Even if it wasn't ponies he was bound to start being a dick about something else down the line if his "asshole fuse" was that short and ready to start burning.   

Edited by Shoboni

No offense, but leads me to believe you're just a really bad judge of character because people don't just spontaneously combust into complete assholes like that. Even if it wasn't ponies he was bound to start being a dick about something else down the line if his "asshole fuse" was that short and ready to start burning.   

You weren't there...

Its called egotism and pettiness, it what plagues people to act like assholes in the first place. These people I associated with, were just like that, they showed disrespect to one another for ages and their rude actions made hardly any sense.

You weren't there...

Its called egotism and pettiness, it what plagues people to act like assholes in the first place. These people I associated with, were just like that, they showed disrespect to one another for ages and their rude actions made hardly any sense.

Then you just said so yourself, they were already assholes and you just took more offense when they defiled something you actually liked with it. It would honestly take a lot of hidden depths within them for me to form any kind of bond with people like that,  

Then you just said so yourself, they were already assholes and you just took more offense when they defiled something you actually liked with it. It would honestly take a lot of hidden depths within them for me to form any kind of bond with people like that,  

It was just horrid when it came to ponies, I disappeared from them after my high school graduation. I actually received more grief from other bronies than I had from bullies sad to say. I have no idea why...

It was just horrid when it came to ponies, I disappeared from them after my high school graduation. I actually received more grief from other bronies than I had from bullies sad to say. I have no idea why...

Maybe you just went to a shitty school?

Why was that any more horrid than them being assholes in general?

Maybe you just went to a shitty school?

Why was that any more horrid than them being assholes in general?

The school I went to was quite terrible. When it came to ponies they were assholes in general, they really weren't like that before they got into the fad. Maybe a way to gain attention and feel better about themselves, I dunno.

The school I went to was quite terrible. When it came to ponies they were assholes in general, they really weren't like that before they got into the fad. Maybe a way to gain attention and feel better about themselves, I dunno.

Maybe they were assholes, but just needed something to show it over? I know I've meant people that hide their true nature pretty damn well until something gives them an excuse to cut loose and start causing drama, or just never had an opening to show that side of themselves to you until the connection was made.  

I think your case may have just been a reflection of your crappy peer group than one on bronies in general. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

Maybe they were assholes, but just needed something to show it over? I know I've meant people that hide their true nature pretty damn well until something gives them an excuse to cut loose and start causing drama, or just never had an opening to show that side of themselves to you until the connection was made.  

That's most likely it, also a logical explanation why some bronies are extremely rude when it comes to ponies.

That's most likely it, also a logical explanation why some bronies are extremely rude when it comes to ponies.

Could be, they were just didn't have a reason to demonstrate their bad behavior publicly until something provoked it, chances are even if ponies never came something else would have provoked them down the line. You can truthfully find people that act just as bad about any hobby. 

It's kind of like how you sometimes don't know someone is a bigot until something actually provokes them to reveal it to you.   

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1