Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why didn't Vice-Principal Luna punish Shimmer for framing Twilight?

Misterian

Okay, remember that part where Flash presented proof to Vice-Principal Luna that cleared Twilight's name when Shimmer accused her of destroying the Fall Formal decoration? Here's my question; why didn't Vice-Principal Luna do anything to punish Shimmer for framing Twilight? Students from any school I know would've gotten detention for something like that, Luna could've at least had Shimmer disqualified from the Fall Formal Princess election as punishment, but she didn't even do that! what's up with that?

Well, even though Sunset Shimmer did frame Twilight she would have to do it in a way that would be believable. Luna probably didn't think that Shimmer was actually framing her.

• Brohoof 2

The same reason Shimmer seems to be able to openly bully and terrorize students without repercussions. The movie seems to portray Celestia and Luna as not being able to control her or run the high school competently at all, which is pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

• Brohoof 5

Well, even though Sunset Shimmer did frame Twilight she would have to do it in a way that would be believable. Luna probably didn't think that Shimmer was actually framing her.

She seemed convinced enough to almost disqualify Twilight from the Fall Formal for something she didn't do, still doesn't make sense to me why Luna didn't at least do so with Shimmer over something she DID do.

Because they are saving that as the plot for film number 2!!!!  :wub:

That being said, I want more chubby human Luna, she looked great! And while I am a bit Tia fan...maybe have her more in character next round eh? She was just so, blah...human. All having the face of "get out of my office kid" and "im so busy that i really dont care what your problem is, let me work on stuff while im talking too you" So un-celestia, imo.  :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 1

She seemed convinced enough to almost disqualify Twilight from the Fall Formal for something she didn't do, still doesn't make sense to me why Luna didn't at least do so with Shimmer over something she DID do.

I guess the writers didn't want to fill in the plot holes, so the audience has to. I see what you're getting at.

If you think about it, the implications for that universe are sort of terrifying. Frame another student for an act of destruction, and nothing happens. Transform into a flying demon and exert psychic control over the student populace in order to turn them all into a disposable army intent on invading and conquering another universe? Well, you're going to learn your lesson! You have to repair the damage to the doors that you broke during your violent rampage! I wonder what warrants detention in that universe. Detonating a nuclear weapon? And never mind the high school, I'm not sure I want to live in a universe where someone can fire off powerful energy beams and partially demolish a school while ranting about raising an army for a full ten minutes without law enforcement showing up...  :lol:

• Brohoof 2

Because they are saving that as the plot for film number 2!!!!  :wub:

That being said, I want more chubby human Luna, she looked great! And while I am a bit Tia fan...maybe have her more in character next round eh? She was just so, blah...human. All having the face of "get out of my office kid" and "im so busy that i really dont care what your problem is, let me work on stuff while im talking too you" So un-celestia, imo.  :okiedokielokie:

I guess one argument for this uncharacteristic behavior is that often, in alternate universes, characters are sometimes an alternate version of themselves. Plus, they live different lives, which means they might develop different traits. I know we didn't see alot of this different shading of the mane six, but I guess if anyone wanted to tackle as to how this behavior on Celestia's part is possible, that would be one way around it. 

But I agree, now that you mention is, those traits do seem very Un- princess like. 

I dunno maybe there's not enough proof to show that it was Sunset Shimmer. Flash Senrty never said it was her and maybe Luna assumed that Sunset just happened to come across the photos and becsme part of the real culprits plan. But that's just my guess.

• 1 month later...

This is what we call a "plot hole". Equestria Girls had many of these so called "plot holes". Are you following me, yo?

• Brohoof 1

*gasps*......maybe Luna knew about it, and just let it go......you never know if she's Nightmare Moon in the Human World, :okiedokielokie:

Anyhow, Sunset Shimmer should've got punished for what she did. 

Because that was circumstantial evidence. For all Luna knew(although highly improbable but still a chance), Shimmer could have picked them up after they had fallen out of some guy's folder, who cut and pasted them after he stole them from the person who took the pictures in the first place from a camera that he borrowed from someone else.

I guess that would have messed up the plot too much; Sunset needed to still be in the game for the Fall Thingy. I mean Formal. (I care about that movie very much.)

I had another problem with that scene - it seemed like Luna changed her mindset too quickly. She went from accusing Twilight to instantly accepting Flash's photos...I mean, seriously, Sunset would have probably actually photoshopped those pictures on her computer! She wouldn't have done it the traditional way. It doesn't make sense to me.

• 3 weeks later...