Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you ever eat horse/pony meat?

Rarity Paige Belle

Is it weird to say I've had it? XD

I wasn't planning on it, here's how it happened.

I was in Alaska for a short period of time a while back, and I got hungry. I was there to conduct research for science, so locals gladly helped me. One local, though, had food which he called the "Surprise". I tried it, and it was surprisingly good. I asked what it was, and he said horse. I nodded, and slowly excused myself and left the place.

I just have to say, if you don't know it's horse meat, it's not too bad. XD

yeah I hear that to.

ofc the whole issue about the meat at the the time wasn't that it was horse meat (which is totally ediable) but rather that it was believed to be the meat of racing horses and therefore may have contained traces of vetanary drugs ( that may possibly kill you stone dead XD)

yeah I hear that to.

ofc the whole issue about the meat at the the time wasn't that it was horse meat (which is totally ediable) but rather that it was believed to be the meat of racing horses and therefore may have contained traces of vetanary drugs ( that may possibly kill you stone dead XD)

That's the reason my girlfriend's now a vegan!

Well if your from England like me,

I fear there is a good chance I have, with the Food scandal of how major supermarkets were using Horsemeat in their meat products.

I pray I have not eaten it but if they slipped it into one of their products that I purchased and eaten, I beg Celestia and every other pony for forgiveness 

If i remember, Tesco's Lasagna was one of the main culprits for having horse meat, pretty high percentage too.

Actually if done right it's really tender and it's more healthy than beef, lamb or pork! I wonder what Twilight Sparkle would taste like?

Books, Ink and paper mache.

• Brohoof 1

People shouldn't have a problem with it. Certain cultures look down on other cultures for using a certain meat, when actuality it's no different than beef or pork. For example, horse meat has been a staple of the Sicilian diet for thousands of years and from what I've heard it's really tasty. What makes eating horse meat different from eating beef, nothing except for the culture you live in and are used to.

• Brohoof 2

Actually if done right it's really tender and it's more healthy than beef, lamb or pork! I wonder what Twilight Sparkle would taste like?

Really? Wow, I'm adding horse meat to my bucket list.

You know, I'm not sure what she'd taste like. Then again, I wouldn't eat her in the first place.

• Brohoof 1

It's my third favorite meat by now. So yes, I not just would, I do in fact eat it. Unfortunately, it's rather difficult to get these days.

But I'd never eat the ponies from the show. Eating sapient beings... would be close to some kind of "cannibalism", right? That'd just be wrong.

Edited by ~StatesTheOblivious~
  • Brohoof 3