Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you ever eat horse/pony meat?

Rarity Paige Belle

I've heard that horse is sweet o3o Seeing as how I live in the US, I can't exactly go out to the store and buy a horse roast. I myself have horses, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't like to try it o3o

(I'd sure as hell in a time of emergency shoot and eat a horse xD)

• 5 years later...

I don't see how a horse is any different from a cow or a pig. If I can eat one then I can eat the other. 

8 hours ago, Sherbert MGS said:

I'd prefer to resort to canibalism or even fucking veganism over eating horsemeat 

I can kind of understand not wanting to eat horse, but what's so horrible about it that you would rather eat your fellow man? 

• Brohoof 1

I would, yes. :grin: Though I do not outright advocate meat consumption... I am also not a hypocrite.  If I can eat chicken, turkey, salmon, and sometimes beef, then I can afford to eat other animals, such as dogs, horses, crocodiles, etc. I absolutely do not condone the circumstances in which many of these animals are subjected to, but the mere concept of eating animals is one I have accepted, and do not discriminate among them.

It wouldn't be my first choice of food, but I wouldn't completely rule it out (I'd definitely rather eat it than starve, at least). I don't see it as that different from pork and beef, and MLP doesn't have much of an effect on this either. :adorkable: I don't think I've ever tried it, though... :P

• Brohoof 4

I have no problem with horse meat. I’d gladly feast on the stuff and like it. There is a restaurant in Lost Hills, CA that I’d swear is serving horsemeat burgers (it shall remain nameless) and I think they taste great. My grandparents used to eat at a well-known chain restaurant in Arizona that used to serve horsemeat, and they said the meat at the restaurant in Lost Hills tasted just like them.  

Horse meat is just another kind of meat. Nothing wrong with it. 

Look out Fluttershy, you look like an nice little snack right now.  

I've actually eaten horse meat before, although not intentionally. There was a big scandal a few years back where a major retailer was selling horse meat but passing it off as ground beef. As far as I can recall, it didn't taste too different from real beef. :blink:

• 3 years later...
On 2014-02-23 at 5:12 PM, Rarity Paige Belle said:

Actually if done right it's really tender and it's more healthy than beef, lamb or pork! I wonder what Twilight Sparkle would taste like?

That can be taken in different ways, you know :bedeyes:

• Brohoof 2