Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have any "childish" fears?

Venomous

Im so sorry that you went through that even if you and your family werent hurt. I understand where you are coming from. Im the exact opposite of you. As a storm chaser, i get close to them. The tornado that hit joplin was an EF-5 Tornado with 225mph winds. That was crazy. A few ways to tell if a tornado is present by your ears popping, large hail and strong winds and ofc the sound of a freight train.

Glad that you survived because tornadoes are destructive and deadly. I also live in tornado alley in Northern Texas(dallas metroplex). And its quite an experience. Storm Season is about to begin soon. Be prepared!

There are definitely some natural phenomenons that really can throw you for a loop when you are not native to a different climate (like saturated rich midwesterners seem to be having a hard time understanding the impacts the drought is having in the far west, at least among my fellow peers). Even though I'm originally from only 4 hours away from where I currently live, it's a massive change (due mostly to the jet stream)....but I Gotta say, storm chasing is quite a hair-raising job. I am sure you have awesome blood circulation :P

It's strange how some of the things that people can commonly fear, are the very things that other people highly enjoy.  The adrenaline inducing excitement, and maybe even the fear of death can really make some people come out of their shell.

Take all the extreme adventurers out there; scaling mountains, a massive need for speed (and maybe mud), hair raising athletic competitions, bungee jumping, sky diving, storm chasing and so much more I could list....none of those for the feint of heart. 

For me, that is speed.  I only recently got my driver's license (I'm 22) due to the fact that a vehicle, as a machine, is fascinating and complex.....but one wrong motion while operating said machine, and you could die.  As a mechanically inclined individual, I look at from a machine safety standpoint and just can't help but wonder why hardhats aren't necessary :P, but seriously, I am always so scared driving in general...but that feeling just makes me feel awesome (especially when there's pony rocking the background) :D

Edited by Treble Bolt

There are definitely some natural phenomenons that really can throw you for a loop when you are not native to a different climate (like saturated rich midwesterners seem to be having a hard time understanding the impacts the drought is having in the far west, at least among my fellow peers). Even though I'm originally from only 4 hours away from where I currently live, it's a massive change (due mostly to the jet stream)....but I Gotta say, storm chasing is quite a hair-raising job. I am sure you have awesome blood circulation :P

It's strange how some of the things that people can commonly fear, are the very things that other people highly enjoy.  The adrenaline inducing excitement, and maybe even the fear of death can really make some people come out of their shell.

Take all the extreme adventurers out there; scaling mountains, a massive need for speed (and maybe mud), hair raising athletic competitions, bungee jumping, sky diving, storm chasing and so much more I could list....none of those for the feint of heart. 

For me, that is speed.  I only recently got my driver's license (I'm 22) due to the fact that a vehicle, as a machine, is fascinating and complex.....but one wrong motion while operating said machine, and you could die.  As a mechanically inclined individual, I look at from a machine safety standpoint and just can't help but wonder why hardhats aren't necessary :P, but seriously, I am always so scared driving in general...but that feeling just makes me feel awesome (especially when there's pony rocking the background) :D

So you saying you like speed.. You a nascar fan by chance?

Storm chasing is a difficult, stressful, mind blowing experience. Its alot of excitement and you can easily become wreckless and do something stupid thatll take your life. I have 6 years of training and study. Its alot of work and very stressful. Ive been a radar tech for a few chase teams for a couple years. I worry about the people that are in the path of these dangerous storms. I see things that people cant. I use social media such as twitter to get the word out with warning. I use any avaliable sources to help in the warning process and save lives. Thats one of my goals.

So you saying you like speed.. You a nascar fan by chance?

I am not into any sports....I don't even watch tv. Besides, watching others speed is boring...and honestly, I enjoy the exhilaration of speeding on my bicycle more than I do in my truck.  Although, it doesn't help it's a 4cyl manual Ford Ranger.  Poor thing doesn't have much ooomph to it, but my legs...my calves are powerhouses. I once got a speeding ticket for going 42mph in a 25mph residential area. Best part is, I don't have a racing bike but Trek Mountain Bike :D

In a job like yours, being trained is the most practical thing, it's the best thing for your own safety, let alone the safety of others :)

Edited by Treble Bolt

• 1 year later...

I'm afraid of being touched unless I give someone permission. I've never been traumatized or anything, I just. Don't. Like it.

I'm the same way, unless someone asks, then i won't let them.

I am still afraid of the dark and finding something bad under my bed.

(edited)

Hm. I'd have to say a hot stove. Yes, this sounds silly. Let me explain why. When I was little, I had this habit of touching the top of stove when it was hot. My mom always tried to catch me doing and tell me nicely not to. One day though, I didn't listen to her. I touched the stove when it was really hot. It burned me. Not badly, but it still was enough to hurt me. My parents believe that this is one of the reasons I fear cooking when the stove is involved.

Other fears include: spiders, dentists, needles/IVs, my nano dying (ugh. I need my Gotcharocka, okay?), our house catching on fire and me having to lose all of my treasures, car accidents, loud noises, rejection, death... the list goes on. :/

Edited by AdorbzFangirl

I really hate heights. I always feel like I'm going to fall for absolutely no reason.

Kind of random, but I also hate swimming in an ocean or any body of water where I can see what's under and around me. Makes me feel like something is going to attack me :blink:

Cockroaches.................I once Lived in a Apartment Infested with them............I  hate the little bliters.........

Clowns................................I had the misfortune of seeing the movie KILLER CLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE when I was 3.............can't stand them now...............If I see one I have to strongly resist the urge to go up and punch it/beat it to death......Clowns are Evil

• Brohoof 1

Wasps and to a minimum insects in general. I just need to hear the sound of a wasp and i flip. I love spring and summer, but it's really a pain sometimes to walk outside during that.

• Brohoof 2

Well, my parents certainly make it a point to tell me how stupid my fear of bugs is.

I also hate the dark with a passion.

I'm afraid of spiders, thunder and roller coasters. Why? Here's why:

Spiders are mostly because of the brown recluse spider, a spider that has a nasty bite.

The second one didn't come until recently after two lightning strikes in January 2013 resulted in my sister's husband's relatives losing their entire house. It gets worse, that same thunderstorm was about a hundred feet away from hitting my old house. Ever since, I've been scared of thunderstorms since.

Roller coasters are a weird story because I haven't been on one in years. It's just that the stories I've heard about people falling to their deaths due to accidents that made me think twice on going back on one.