Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stupid things you believed when you were younger

Fishy Stick

Not sure how to put this lol...

I thought that girls were "built" the same way boys were.  Hint, hint.  When I found out otherwise, girls suddenly became a million times more fascinating.  When I was quite young, I drew some naughty-ish pictures of Elvira in something like a clawfoot bathtub.  Not totally certain how I even knew what to draw lol.

(edited)

The stupidest things I've believed when I was 5 were...

-Cartoons were real...

-All the Filipino mythical creatures were real...

-"mini babies" were eaten to get pregnant. (Eeww... :lol:)

-Santa Claus

And, the dumbest I've ever believed when I was 5...

-God... (Though, I stopped believing when I was 11...)

Edited by GeometryMath Algebra

I used to think that there was toothpaste in my hair whenever I looked into the mirror, but now I know that it's just a natural grey patch of hair. Both my dad and my grandpa had it when they were teenagers.

I believed that if I push very very hard while I was pooping I'd poop out rainbows or gold. The result of that was bloody poop until my mom told me that it isn't true and that if I keep pooping like that, I'd go through some scary things in the hospital D:

I thought animals could actually talk like on the cartoons, so I would always interrogate my cat to speak with me, "I knew her secret." I would whisper in my ear.

The looks I got from that poor animal. xD

- I didn't think there were other countries (the world was just one big piece of land with lakes)

- If you walked in water over your head you would fall into a bottomless pit

- Birds were out to get me

- If you held your pee too long you would explode

- Brain freeze made your brain shrink

- If you grabbed a bug before it saw you it wouldn't bite/sting

Some more

- Babies were pooped out

- that all the Sonic characters were real and in my house, but they were invisible because they didn't like my parents

- My toys could speak but were really shy

- That there was a really, really tiny band that was embedded into every cd that popped out whenever it was played and played all the music, and could even skip the music really quickly.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought if you died you can kill everyone who was ever mean to you

Seems like a murderer thought hehehe you will never find out the truth about me unless you pm me then fine I'll tell you

I wasn't 5, I don't remember the specific ages, but:

-I believed i would have a baby and have no choice.  I would always cry about it because i knew it would hurt, and my mom never told me WHY i couldn't just randomly have a baby, but she kept getting pregnant so I still believed it.

-I believed I could fly.  I'd jump off the couch and flap my arms and I even have it ingrained in my memory that I actually did fly for a little while.  XD

-The pirates at Disneyland would kidnap me if I was dressed like a princess.

-I could communicate with the dead by having a seance under the table with a little halloween prop cauldron and a fake candle.

-Furbies could eat me at night if I didn't pretend to love them.

-I could become anything I wanted to be when I grow up.  (never turned into a cat, not got my own graveyard with a hidden house under a grave, never turned into a pirate, so many disappointments  :( )

Okay, I am pretty sure I was YOUGER Than five, but....

...I believed that testicles are rocks.

And I believe that being Indian (Native American) meant being old.

And that babies came out of the stomach, either by cutting open or by it just splitting open.

Now I realize these are all wrong, I realize I am actually partially Native American.

AND PROUD!

Here's a video for y'all.

Btw, I'm not ugly.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My parents convinced me that you could get caught in the bottom if the escalators at malls and crushed.  :c

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/128310300-welcome-mat-at-the-bottom-of-an-escalator-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=qi3SpHkephj7gi4nm7spJSI7KCGFlYoOFP%2BcvVCmxNdXDSrvb6Abg7K5DeBRM3iQ

Santa, Tooth Fariy, and the Easter Bunny.  :eww: We all know that those are just your parents doing that stuff. 

My parents still do it and I go along with it every Christmas  O.o

More presents, and I enjoy the tradition.

Edited by John

I thought that the toilet's flush mechanism had a really complex clockwork inside.

I thought that faucets were the same too.

I thought that japanese music videos were mystical.

I thought the earth revolved around the moon.

I was frightened when my mum said there were no computers in heaven.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

When I was little I thought that wearing only one shoe at a time meant you wanted your mother to die. This was just some lie my mother made up on the spot to get me to wear my freakin shoes, but it stuck with me for much longer than it should have. Even as I got older and came to recognize it as a lie, I couldn't get over the compulsion to put them on/take them off simultaneously. 

One of my more memorable moments as an adult was when I decided to spend an hour wearing only one shoe as an act of defiance. Finally I was completely free from the silly belief that held me since childhood.

Stop laughing at me.

Edited by Rudes
  • Brohoof 4

I thought there was a dancing Spider who lived under my bed with a top hat and a cane that was planning to kill me. I had a great imagination... : P

I was frightened when my mum said there were no computers in heaven.

WHAT?!?!?! You just ruined my afterlife.

I thought that only countries in the world are: Poland, England, Germany, Czech Republic and Russia. Also when I saw a couple kissing I was like "they are biting themselves!" (and I literally thought they were doing this..). Another thing? I thought companies like Coca Cola etc were Polish XD

I think that's all haha