Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Million Bit Question

Jangocoolguy

(edited)

Is Twilight returning to Canterlot High for some reason, or is this her doppelganger the first movie hinted at???

Because the fact they're making an EG2 is weird enough without the plot bending over backwards to make Twilight leave Equestria for the Humanoid World again and join a rock band.

Chances are that's exactly what'll happen, but still kinda curious :huh:

Edited by Jangobadass
  • Brohoof 1

While it *should* be the doppleganger in order to make the most sense from an overarching narrative, it probably won't be. The fact that they transform again in the teasers likely means that it's pony Twilight finding her way through the mirror again.

Betting it's the doppleganger. That's going to be hilarious.

"Why did I have to move to this schoo-"

"Oh hey Twilight!"

"Who are you?"

"Don't you remember me?"

"No."

"Hey Twilight, thanks for saving the world last month."

"...what?"

• Brohoof 4

Betting it's the doppleganger. That's going to be hilarious.

"Why did I have to move to this schoo-"

"Oh hey Twilight!"

"Who are you?"

"Don't you remember me?"

"No."

"Hey Twilight, thanks for saving the world last month."

"...what?"

THIS.

And it should be the doppelganger.

At least for the first movie the situation was dire and could actually threaten Equestria. I don't know how highschoolers would destroy Equestria, but I digress.

Why would Twilight need to form a BAND, though?

I really don't know. I guess we'll have to find out. 

• Brohoof 2

I'd be wiling to put actually cash money down to bet that it's the doppelganger.  B) Why else would they even include Pinkie's line in the last one?  :)

I concur....most likely, they will. 

It has to be the doppelganger, since her doppelganger is still in Equestria Girls so it would make sense that Twilight's doppelganger would be in the band.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Twilight returning to Canterlot High for some reason, or is this her doppelganger the first movie hinted at???

Because the fact they're making an EG2 is weird enough without the plot bending over backwards to make Twilight leave Equestria for the Humanoid World again and join a rock band.

Chances are that's exactly what'll happen, but still kinda curious :huh:

I have to agree, it is a little out of place.

But Hasbro has pulled off these kinds of things before with my doubts. ^^

I guess there's only one way to find out, to wait and see what happens! ^^

• 2 months later...

While it would make more sense to have it be her doppelgänger (and the shorts with Twilight in them are based on the EqG2 kids book, which is her daydreaming about the human world) it most likely won't be, because hasbro needs to tie in more pony merchandise to the movie. And because they transform into cat girls, which they only did last time when princess Twilight was there, so I would be confused as to how they do that without a magical princess around.

Considering that they are making a spin off tv series for Equestria Girls, they probably intend to introduce doppleganger Twilight in this movie so that they don't have to have pony Twilight going through the mirror every episode

Going out on a limb here and I'll guess that it will feature BOTH Twilight versions in some capacity.

I would have to believe that it is the Dopple-Twi, though I could be wrong. I don't think Hasbro wants to keep EG and FiM THAT close, honestly. Sure, they share a connection, but I think they want to avoid as many crossovers as possible.

Of course, there is the question of dopple-Sunset...

• Brohoof 1

Actually, the more clips and shorts I see, I'm starting to get the impression that they're not going to address this in the movie at all. It's possible the film will just take the situation as read; Twilight's there as if she's a normal student with no mention at all of when she showed up, or how.

It really depends on how much effort they (as in DHX's staff) put into it. They might just skip the whole issue.

no no no no no

EQ Rainbow : hey Twilight from the other universe! wanna make a band with me so i can win a competition? because i don't have a singer.

Twilight:OK!

or 

Twilight: Guys! our EQ alternate personas have dissapeared!

Rainbow: oh no!

Fluttershy:thats terrible!

Twilight: and on top of that princess celestia wants us to go impersonate them and win a band contest.

Pinky: Wicked!

• Brohoof 1

This Equestria Girls 2 sounds like a nightmare. I don't really want anything to do with it even though they obviously hinted at a sequel incoming in the first movie with the reference to the alternate world Twilight. I think they intend on using that character primarily.