Coco Pommel

How often do you wear fedoras?  

158 users have voted

1. 1. How often do you wear fedoras?

• Never
    • Rarely
    • Occassionally/frequently
    • All the time

I don't think the elements of the fandom that fit the stereotypes use this forum that much. This forum, as far as I've noticed, seem to be the younger elements of the fandom, high schoolers and collage students. More innocent, less corrupted by the world. Or something trite like that.

Well if what u say us true, then that would in fact effect the results, for it is the older of the fandom who would most likely wear the hat, because that is the age range of who would, brony or not.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ZzxFI3zgJxQ/TvjMhegHmwI/AAAAAAAACzQ/JtshHKqLTa0/s640/fedora%20suit.jpg

How's this for not being classy I call bull. Frank Sinatra wore a fedora.

Yeah, but Ole Blue Eyes wore them in a time period when they weren't an anachronism.

I mean, if it was the 18th century I could rock a powdered wig and look like a total balla. Nowadays, not so much.

Yeah, but Ole Blue Eyes wore them in a time period when they weren't an anachronism.

I mean, if it was the 18th century I could rock a powdered wig and look like a total balla. Nowadays, not so much.

Meh I wear one because it's nice. I also wear it to shade my shoulders from getting sun burn. Or rather my neck

Edited by dragon4111

I personally find them 10/10 pretty not great.

But if that's your thing, then whatever I suppose.

There was 2 boys who I knew in school who wore them (Trilby maybe, idc)... it make me cringe.

e32783c3feb610ba38d54d51bec85ada.png

o.e ... no.

I have nothing against fedoras, they look awesome on some people, but I just cannot EVER see my self wearing one, just think I would look funny with one on! :)

I'm okay with fedora's..HOWEVER, if you're around me and wearing one, expect to have it stolen and worn by yours truly. I'm a hat snatcher!  :yay:

I'm okay with fedora's..HOWEVER, if you're around me and wearing one, expect to have it stolen and worn by yours truly. I'm a hat snatcher!  :yay:

That is exactly why I wear my fedora on occasion. People love taking it and wearing it  :okiedokielokie: .

• Brohoof 1

That is exactly why I wear my fedora on occasion. People love taking it and wearing it  :okiedokielokie: .

I don't know about other people, but I do it to be silly and sweet! Also, I want to see if the hat will look nice on me!  :squee:

On behalf of all fedora snatchers, I apologize...:3

Edited by Cherry Top

I've never worn a fedora. However, I do own a trilby which I only wear with a matching shirt and tie, jacket sometimes included depending on the weather. It's not an everyday hat, and I wish people would realize that. For an everyday hat I wear a driving cap, it's much better

First thing's first since the topic is fedoras: Demonizing a hat is retarded.

That said, I've never worn a fedora. I wear a porkpie with appropriate clothing though.

• Brohoof 1

I've never actually seen any fans of the show wear a fedora... although I have seen one or two online wearing a tribly, but not much more.

Either way, I never wear either.

Some people can pull them off if it's a nice one(ie: not a cheap, felt, dollar store piece of trash and preferably not a tribly period unless you're a woman) and worn correctly. I personally wouldn't because I prefer kind of a more causal look(dark dress pants, dark boots or dress shoes, dress shirt, dark jacket, no ties, sometimes with my hair pulled back if I feel I need to) to an over-dressed look like a full three piece suit.

The most "over the top" hat I ever wear is a cowboy hat if I'm dressed for it. I usually wear a knit-cap(like RADAR from MASH wore) or camo ballcap if I wear a hat. Yes, I'm kind of a redneck.   

Also, I must fulfill my duty to reference Linkara to demostrate not everyone that wears one is a douchebag like I always must in Fedora threads:

post-6903-0-33570800-1395437516.jpg

Edited by Shoboni

• 5 months later...

I don't wear fedoras or trilbys or any of those classic hats. I do wear bucket hats though, I have three of them.

And I LOVE snapbacks if they are done right.

Edited by RaveLow

This Halloween I want to grow a neckbeard and buy a Fedora, so I can go to the 4chan den at the mall and say m'lady.

So, rarely would I ever wear one

Edited by ARagY
  • Brohoof 2

post-6246-0-75482500-1410048616.jpg

Not all can pull this look though

This is Fedora appropriate attire thank you... not casual T-shirt and jeans with tackiness. 

If you are going to wear one have a coat or something or look professional with it. Or try to at the very least :/. I don't wear fedoras but *if* i was going to try and wear one I would try and look decent while wearing it.

• Brohoof 3