Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Speculation - Why Does Twilight go Back Through the Mirror?

Eloquence

I'm sure this has been mentioned a bit in a few other threads, but I feel it deserves its own thread because it is honestly the biggest question I have about the second movie.

Why the hay would Twilight have to go back through the mirror again???

Personally, I'm hoping that the writers come up with some really creative and logical explanation, but I also have a sinking feeling that they're going to pull something like "Oh, Celestia says I need to go back in and check on Sunset Shimmer to make sure she stayed reformed and I have to go just with Spike again because of reasons". 

What do you guys think? Theories? Headcannons? Hopes and aspirations?

EDIT: I have been informed that there is a confirmed Twilight doppleganger in the human world, which means that Twilight might not go through the mirror at all. While this negates the questions above, it also poses new questions. Will human Twily be different from pony Twily? Will she be like the Twilight we saw in the pilot, since she hasn't befriended her destined friends yet? Will her friends even acknowledge the fact that this isn't the Twilight they befriended in the first movie? Will dog-Spike still be able to talk? Why do the humans transform if pony Twilight isn't there to provide/strengthen the link between the two worlds?

This thread is now open to all headcannons and theories on the Twilights of either universe, and the problems that arise from the first one being about pony-Twilight. The title will reflect that if I can actually change the title and if I can figure out how to...

Edited by ScarletRose

Actually, she didn't go back in the mirror. It was actually a doppelganger that Pinkie Pie from the Equestria Girls universe that she referenced, when she was talking to Twilight in the auditorium. Don't have any hopes yet. :P

• Brohoof 2

Actually, she didn't go back in the mirror. It was actually a doppelganger that Pinkie Pie from the Equestria Girls universe that she referenced, when she was talking to Twilight in the auditorium. Don't have any hopes yet. :P

I'm terribly confused... I don't remember there being an alternate universe Twily referenced in the first movie. What exactly are you referring to with Pinkie Pie?

I'm terribly confused... I don't remember there being an alternate universe Twily referenced in the first movie. What exactly are you referring to with Pinkie Pie?

Well, if you saw the first movie: Pinkie Pie was talking to Twilight about seeing someone who looks just like her and she has the same dog that looks just like Spike who lives in a different town.

When alternate Pinkie asks if Twilight had a twin sister that lived in the city and had a pet dog named Spike that looked just like Spike.

Remember now?

Well, if you saw the first movie: Pinkie Pie was talking to Twilight about seeing someone who looks just like her and she has the same dog that looks just like Spike who lives in a different town.

Well... I actually don't remember that at all, but I'm sure you're right. Huh, well that kinda negates the purpose of this post... unless Twilight goes back through the mirror anyways, because the Twilight that the rest of the humane six know is the one from Equestria

Damn, now I just have even more questions! I also have a thread to edit....

Well... I actually don't remember that at all, but I'm sure you're right. Huh, well that kinda negates the purpose of this post... unless Twilight goes back through the mirror anyways, because the Twilight that the rest of the humane six know is the one from Equestria

Damn, now I just have even more questions! I also have a thread to edit....

Sorry if that didn't answer the question. :P Hard to remember mostly, so many scenes that left a lot of questions.

Well, here's a link if it will help you remember a little. ^^"

It's around 0:49.

Edited by ~Adorkable~

Well, here's a link if it will help you remember a little. ^^"

It's around 0:49.

Yep, there it is clear as day. I would say I'm surprised I missed it, but then again I did only watch it the one time a little after it came out :P

Yep, there it is clear as day. I would say I'm surprised I missed it, but then again I did only watch it the one time a little after it came out :P

I was a little confused the first time I head it as well, didn't even come to me that there was another Twilight Sparkle in that world.

Huzzah! Best pony has been doubled! ^^

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

That is one of the main reasons i'm a bit negative about Equestria Girls 2. Why did she return to the human world just to join a band?

Besides, wasn't the portal closed for 30 moons (or 3 years)? If it is pony Twilight who returns to the human world, then how far into the future are we? Unless they pull off some bullshit reason as to why she can return earlier or they completetely forget about the whole 30 moons plotline.

Edited by ShadowPirateX

Maybe this might help you better understand what Scootalove is referring to 

Another thing that got me thinking; If they are going to use human world Twilight, then doesn't that mean they have to make an explaination for that? After all, do the Human Mane 5 really know Twilight's human world counterpart?

Another thing that got me thinking; If they are going to use human world Twilight, then doesn't that mean they have to make an explaination for that? After all, do the Human Mane 5 really know Twilight's human world counterpart?

Very true! Human Twilight doesn't know them at all, as far as we know. And if that's the case, then maybe she's just as uneducated in the magic of friendship as pony Twi was before she met her friends. This could cause problems in and of itself, because we really don't need EG2 to mirror the pilot again. It was cool the first time, but twice would be obnoxious :/

• Brohoof 1

Another thing that got me thinking; Twilight's friends weren't allowed to enter the human world because it would disrupt the balance between the dimensions (i still hate that plotline). So how come Spike didn't disrupt said balance by tagging along? Also, since we know Twilight and Spike have human world counterparts, how come Twilight didn't end up disrupting that darn balance?

How can Meghan McCarthy be more proud over having written Equestria Girls, than having written A Canterlot Wedding?!

Very true! Human Twilight doesn't know them at all, as far as we know. And if that's the case, then maybe she's just as uneducated in the magic of friendship as pony Twi was before she met her friends. This could cause problems in and of itself, because we really don't need EG2 to mirror the pilot again. It was cool the first time, but twice would be obnoxious :/

I second that. Why make a carbon copy of the first episode? Next thing you know, Nightmare Moon's human counterpart is going to make an appearence...

Uuhhh, my head! So much confusion! I hope you know what you are doing, Hasbro.

Maybe they make a copy of the first movie? Twilight needs to win the band contest and the price is some sort of important item? Boooooring!

She obviously fell through one of the myriad plot holes, Hasbro failed at filling with that abomination they called a movie.

Yeah I'm extremely confused, so is that pony Twilight or the Twilight human Pinkie mentioned appearing in EQ 2?

The worst part is neither of those would make sense. Unless, as i've stated before, the writers come up with a bullshit out of the blue reason to why pony Twilight can return.

When alternate Pinkie asks if Twilight had a twin sister that lived in the city and had a pet dog named Spike that looked just like Spike.

Remember now?

Pinkie: Hey, Twilight! You totally missed it when you helped us defeat that mean old Sunset Shimmer and take back Canterlot High! Well, you weren't really you, you were your pony you from another youniverse! Hehe! See what I did there!?

Twilight:...Wat?

• Brohoof 1

Any who, remember the scene in the first movie that Pinkie Pie told her that she "thought" that she had a sister just like her. If we draw conclusions, that leads to a copy of Twilight in the human world, while in the first movie, the Twilight you saw is from the pony world.

So there's TWO twilight sparkle's in the first movie followed by the next one?

*Takes step back

Because human Twilight Sparkle is just the cutest thing EVER.

I dunno, maybe she left her car keys?

That explains your profile picture. I too say that human twilight is the cutest thing ever when it comes to the movie!