Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So... this isn't a meme?

Commander Bubbles

Why is this not a meme yet? I mean... it's a hell of a lot more entertaining than that Twicane cancer and Derpy bullsh!t. I'm honestly surprised nobody made the dancing cop a meme yet...

Edited by Firestone Firehawk
  • Brohoof 8

I've thought of that too.  Keep in mind that this song isn't anything new.  Plus, it wouldn't be that video (too much ponies for the general internet), but that's the right idea.  I would genuinely like to see that get big.

I really need a gif of this guy...

Well the song itself has been a meme for a while, but that video, I've never seen before, but it shouldn't matter completely. That has all the elements to be a meme, and I really would not be surprised if it does in fact become a meme. I guess the best thing we can do is spread it around. After all, that's what a meme is.

• Brohoof 1

Memes that do catch on do so purely by chance. Make this one popular and it might go meme...but of course you can share it all you like but that won't necessarily make anyone care about it. :P

• Brohoof 2

I don't know, this is boring imo... You don't intentionally make memes, that's not how it happens. New memes come up at random from things that were never meant to become memes.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know, this is boring imo... You don't intentionally make memes, that's not how it happens. New memes come up at random from things that were never meant to become memes.

This meme is old and weak and you can't force a meme to come into being anyways.

True to an extent but that derpy and twicane stuff was just... not very entertaining...

True to an extent but that derpy and twicane stuff was just... not very entertaining...

But their progressions to being a meme were more natural. If you don't like a meme, so be it, but don't try to replace it with your own. That's just... no.

Edited by Lil' Strapless
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

But their progressions to being a meme were more natural. If you don't like a meme, so be it, but don't try to replace it with your own. That's just... no.

I never said I was replacing it with my own.

Edited by Firestone Firehawk

Never said to induce it. Just wondered why it wasn't a meme already.

Because it isn't. As I said, memes are a fickle and weird force. Not everything catches on.

And Safety Dance is old, as I also already said.

• Brohoof 1

Yes but the song is still there. It cheapens the whole thing.

Then find a new song and put that in there instead. -_-

And I do agree that forced memes are quite annoying. Twicane for example. That's why I would never wanna see this as a forced meme.

• Brohoof 1

Then find a new song and put that in there instead. -_-

And I do agree that forced memes are quite annoying. Twicane for example. That's why I would never wanna see this as a forced meme.

Twicane wasn't a forced meme. A majority of the fandom liked it and it caught on. I thought it was amusing in it's time.

At some point during the New Millennium it was. I wasn't old enough to know until after it's time had passed though.

It was more a very popular song during its time that had a lot of airplay and was played a lot at school dances and such.

It was more a very popular song during its time that had a lot of airplay and was played a lot at school dances and such.

So you mean during the 1980s?

I am so very confused right now.

Okay, so just so we're clear here:

The Safety Dance was a song by Men Without Hats released in 1983 and reached #3 on the Billboard charts that year.

So how and when was it a meme, if at all? Because as far as I know it's just a really old Pop song.